Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Worthy Cat Shit

Posted by SlumSlut 
A Worthy Cat Shit
September 26, 2008
If I had to clean one of these up EVERY DAY, it would bother me. I did think of taking a picture, but it was just not worth the thousand words.

I get home, I notice that my cat Jason has pieces of himself falling off (fur) and I go to brush him and discover that he is also smeared with shit...on his shoulder. I wipe it off and go downstairs to vacuum.

I notice a blobby skidmark outside the bathroom door. OK, sometimes it sticks to their butts and they have to do a sitting-down-walk to scrape it off. I clean it up and start to vacuum.

I get to the back area where the litterboxes are, and under one of the tables is the battlefield. There is just a ton of fur stuck to the floor with smeared cat shit in an area of maybe a 3 or 4 foot diameter. There may have been blood, or maybe there was just blood in the poop.

In any case, one of the cats beat the shit out of another. I'm pretty sure it was Jason beating up on Duma (a relatively new cat who is available for adoption), but we'll never know for sure which one of them shat. Maybe I'll find out later when I see what condition Duma is in.

I really wouldn't want to clean a mess like this every day. Thank god I don't have a kid.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Re: A Worthy Cat Shit
September 26, 2008
One cat pooed as a self-defence shield? Clever.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
September 26, 2008
If my litter boxes are not dumped and turd free enough to suit them, one or possibly two of my cats will INVARIABLY leave a nice greasy shit near it, in front of the door leading to the back deck where I feed all of my 21 outsider cats. Since he/she is AWARE he is not supposed to think shit outside of the box, he does it when I am not looking and usually when I am asleep. Since the first thing I do in the morning is serve up everybody breakfast, I am usually still half asleep and it's generally still a bit dark. So, every now and then I swing open that back door and it just glliiiiidesss over the fresh pile of shit, which leaves a 2 foot swipe across the floor, under/on the door, and at the baseboards. Generally, I have also stepped on or in some of it as well.

Since the 21 outsiders have already gathered and are doing their weaving in and out of my legs routine and their civil defense sirens are on, I have little choice but to continue with serving their breakfast while breathing in wafts of the cat shit. Then I have to toss my shoes in the washer, spray the entire area with clorax 2, and mop it all up, then sanitize the mop, get on my hands and knees with paper towels and clorax and scrape off the shit from under the door frame and the base boards. This whole routine takes about 30 minutes, in order to get at all of the shit.

To think that moomies have to do this all day, day in and day out, is beyond me. It makes me gag to clean up the door swipe shit a few times a month and the occasional stray litter box turd or runny shit episodes. I usually see the hairball hock ups and the vomit soon enough to get at it before it dries into a surface, and they like to leave that in strategic and noticable areas like at the front of the toilet, at the chair in front of my computer, or on my piano bench. So, the vomit isn't too bad, but the fresh greasy loaves at the back door are HORRIFIC and very gross.
September 26, 2008
Sounds like you should try that next time you're in a rough spot, Amethyst. winking smiley Take a tip from this cat.

I'm up to my ears in rats these days. I adopted a pregnant female (I didn't know she was pregnant at the time) from a rat breeder. Funny enough, this rat's pregnancy was an 'oopsie'. The breeder didn't remove the rat away from the male rats before sexual maturity hit. Oops. So the preggo female was staying in a cage with one of my other females (who is not eager to give up her alpha female status), and one day in a tiff over who got to eat out of the food bowl first, the dominant female slapped preggo rat in the face. Preggo rat was so shocked she went into labor and gave birth to ten squealing pinkies. TEN.

Anyway, we can learn a lot from animals - poop if you feel the need to defend yourself, and a nice hard slap to the face is perfect for getting a moomie to deliver her "miracle" to the world as quickly as possible.
September 26, 2008
Haha, that's like a James Bond villain car -- one of the ones that squirts out smoke or fire, bullets or oil, onto James chasing them in his Aston Martin. Cats maybe use poo.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
September 26, 2008
I don't think it was self-defense, I think it was more like he got the shit beat out of him.
September 30, 2008
Stepping in warm barf in the dark is horrible too.
Ann
September 30, 2008
RR, I can top stepping in warm barf. We let our two small dogs sleep at the foot of our bed under the covers, and every now and then they get sick during the night. Most of the time the warning noises wake me up in time to get them into our bathroom. Once, either I was out like a rock or there were no warnings. Long story short, I stretched out my legs while I was asleep and was jolted awake by having my feet stick into a pile of dog vomit. At two AM. Ick. Needless to say the stripping of the sheets, locking up the pups and remaking the bed put me and hubby in a grand mood. Yet another reason I don't want kids-I can't imagine having to clean up bodily functions for at least two years straight, plus who knows how much longer.
September 30, 2008
Oh, that's totally it. what if you're out some place and it ralphs (as they eat whever thay can get their hands on) and you dodn't bring new clothes or you are in the car? I had a cat who would actually warn me before he threw up, and then wait to do it on a papertowel i placed under him. what a prince.
Anonymous User
September 30, 2008
I've watched my Sophie have the shit scared out of her. She was rounding a corner and didn't realize Pixie was waiting for her in full stalk position. A well placed swat, and a very loud hiss surprised poor Soph so much that a little (thankfully solid) poop nugget flew out of her butt and was projected about a foot from her! Dh and I couldn't help laughing. Sooooo much easier than a toddler dump.
September 30, 2008
Funny, I came home to something similar yesterday. I suspect it was our big fluffy cat who got cornered at the end of the hallway and pooped himself out of fear. He has done this before. This same guy does "burn outs" (the butt drag thing) on the kitchen floor if his bung hole isn't clean to his liking. Leaves a nice brown "burn streak." LOL

Our Chihuahua has vomited in the bed also, very nice to roll in while you're sleeping.
September 30, 2008
I had an iguana eat a piece of easter grass and drag his butt all over the house trying to dislodge it. I had to help.

Needless to say, easter grass does not cross my threshold any longer.
CFinPDX
September 30, 2008
Rose Red Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had an iguana eat a piece of easter grass and
> drag his butt all over the house trying to
> dislodge it. I had to help.
>
> Needless to says, easter grass does not cross my
> threshold any longer.

I used to like Tinsel on the Christmas tree but after the cats got to it a few times I had to quit buying it as well for the same reason as the Iguana.
September 30, 2008
I had an iguana eat a piece of easter grass and drag his butt all over the house trying to dislodge it. I had to help.

Wins the Indelible Mental Image of the Day Award.bouncing and laughing
September 30, 2008
5 foot long Iguana. Felt bad for him. Looked like he worked on it all day.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login