Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Would you rather have a happy or meaningful life: La uren Sou thern

Posted by freya 
Would you rather have a happy or meaningful life: La uren Sou thern
June 17, 2018
Most of it is the same breederific gibberish but found a few hidden gems within the wrongs and silliness:

She said parenting is deeper purpose and meaning versus (being childfree) being okay and having extra pocket change. Hmmm....never heard it put that way. Next time the cashier gives you pocket change be sure to think about how lucky you are that you didn't have kids so you can afford to buy a DVD every couple of months. bemused eye roll
And whatever you do, you are only allowed to be okay doing it, not happy, good or bad. If you feel anything other than okay then you have to be a parent.

She is also 23 and therefore knows all this from her many years of wisdom. Just who told her having kids amounts to extra pocket change at a cost of over $250K per kid without including college? Is she so wealthy that $250K is extra pocket change to her? And "being okay" as childfree, does this mean she thinks we just exist without joy and feel okay every day? Anyone familiar with the term "some things in life you have to do, whether you like it or not" will know the childfree are less susceptible to this than parents are.

But she also asks if the viewer would rather have a happy or a meaningful life? Wait a minute....thought for the childfree that life was okay not happy. World of difference in being happy versus being okay.

Being happy and having a meaningful life are mutually exclusive according to our armchair expert.

Has she ever looked around her to see how happy the single parents who didn't acquire a trade before breeding are? How many were positively affected by loss of a spouse and no job skills with one or more kids? And they all say they'd do it again, too right? Of course she can't lament about reality, it is against her political party. I'm not sure if she is lying about all this (as she really knows it isn't true and has perversely twisted the argument to fit her agenda) or if she is this dumb.

The title of the video is "ACCORDING TO "SCIENCE" - Don't Have Kids?" but she is very breederific:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxgW4HfMos4
Re: Would you rather have a happy or meaningful life: La uren Sou thern
June 18, 2018
I'm opting for happy. Gloriously, blissfully happy! The alternative would be neither happy nor meaningful for me, because I can see through the "meaningfulness" of perpetuating my DNA for another round.

And my happiness has very little to do with the amount of money I save by not having children. Not having children is the joy, money is the bonus.
June 18, 2018
yurble
And my happiness has very little to do with the amount of money I save by not having children. Not having children is the joy, money is the bonus.

Very well said!
Well, all my friends are having very meaningful lives, but they are approaching 60-70 yrs old and they still look far from happy for sure since the brats refuse to launch even one little step. It starts w/ the terrible twos and it NEVER ends. I'd maybe take on a "meaningful life" if it only lasted 5-10 yrs but no way am I on this non-happy but meaningful life on to 25-35 or more years. Pass.
June 18, 2018
Tiquer
yurble

Very well said!

Agree!
June 18, 2018
cfuter
Well, all my friends are having very meaningful lives, but they are approaching 60-70 yrs old and they still look far from happy for sure since the brats refuse to launch even one little step. It starts w/ the terrible twos and it NEVER ends. I'd maybe take on a "meaningful life" if it only lasted 5-10 yrs but no way am I on this non-happy but meaningful life on to 25-35 or more years. Pass.

They're probably wondering when all the glorious meaning will leave their lives so they can be happy and maybe live simply. With life expectancy at around 80-90 they could easily stretch their meaningful lives until the day they die. They could have grand kids and great grand kids living under their roof. Scary.
Just what is meaningful about bringing an innocent life into this dying world? Between the ice caps melting, antibiotic resistance & 2,000-year-old African trees crumbling in a few short years, humanity is on its way out. There may be life but there will be no quality of life for future generations. It will revert to survival rather than a true life. That's not even considering our crazed political system & the rise of automation which is projected to claim a whopping 40% of all jobs in the next 20 years. Yeah, super "meaningful".

These smug breeders are so self-satisfied. Such martyrs for sacrificing their happiness to bring an unwilling soul into this rat race called life. Or maybe it is they who are selfish, considering there are already so many existing kids who need loving homes while they blow hundreds of thousands on IVF & other means of creating a DNA replicant.

Also, I choose "happy" since we have to pick one. dancing

She is also 23 and therefore knows all this from her many years of wisdom.

Yawn. I couldn't get through it. WTF could this smug 23 year old possibly know about life? The hubris.....
June 27, 2018
I'd like to see another video from her on this same topic when she is 33.
My prediction: she will get her brats and it will be one big whinefest about how haaaard it is, her husband is an idiot who never helps, she's exhausted but it's TMIJITW and she deserves social security to raise her brats
WTF does she know at 23? I love it when these idiots breed and suddenly think they are wise sages who understand what's important in life.

I'm over twice her age and I only know what's right for me and my marriage. I have NO idea what brings meaning or joy to other people.
revert to: "NASTY, SHORT, & BRUTISH"

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login