Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Serena Williams dedication to "the moms"

Posted by cfdavep 
Serena Williams dedication to "the moms"
July 16, 2018
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/serena-williams-dedicates-wimbledon-run-moms-133803812--abc-news-celebrities.html

Apparently after her lastest loss she decided to dedicate the effort to "all the moms out there"
No matter what you can do, no matter how great, to most people it is all about sprogs and parenthood.\

I miss the days when people did there thing and no one gave a crap about their child status
Re: Serena Williams dedication to "the moms"
July 16, 2018
It is because they all have these great trophies waiting at home for them, according to the husband:

"will be holding a trophy again soon—she's got the greatest one waiting at home for her. Our family knows she'll win many more trophies, too. She's just getting started. And I couldn't be more proud."

Not sure if he means she will birth more baybeez or win more trophies.
Re: Serena Williams dedication to "the moms"
July 16, 2018
So here's her actual Twatter message:

These past 2 weeks was a sound for all moms stay home and working you can do it you really can! I’m not any better or diff than any of you all. Your support has ment so much to me. Let’s keep making noise everyday in everything we do

She's lucky. She has doG-given athleticism. Not that she didn't work for it, but she's fortunate that she lives in a world where she can be wealthy because of those skills. (She certainly wouldn't be in a high paying job otherwise because she can't write a coherent sentence.)

Cut the bullshit, Serena. Your occupation and the wealth it generates make you different than the average Mawm. (However a lot of the sheeple will buy this, hook line and sinker and I'm sure that's the intended effect.)

When I looked up the causes for pulmonary embolisms I got this from web md:

Being immobile for a prolonged period of time or having alterations in normal blood flow. This often happens if you’ve been hospitalized or on bed rest for a long period of time. It could also happen during a long flight or vehicle ride.
Increased clotting potential of your blood. Doctors call this “hypercoagulability.” This could be caused by medications, like birth control pills. Smoking, cancer, recent surgery, or pregnancy can also put you at risk.

According to the article, she had multiple surgeries for this condition. More from Web MD.

If you have a pulmonary embolism, your doctor can give you drugs called thrombolytics to break up the clot. It may need to be taken out or broken up with surgery, though this is rare.

That tells me the drugs didn't work and she was REALLY unlucky. Somebody has to be the one percent I suppose. It sounds as if loafing up again wouldn't be the best idea for her---blood thinners and pregnancy wouldn't be a good mix. However, it seems like many women go on to get loafed up again in these situations. defies reality.

All athletes have a shelf life and realistically, she's at the end of her career. Not many tennis players are winning Wimbleton at age 38. If she were male, there would be one article about retirement, and she'd get the endorsements and move on to something else. But because she's a Moo, the public endures this endless thrashing around, pontificating and general attention-whoring.

Don't think she's not using this for her BrandTM--two faces puking She has a history of being controversial and outspoken, but now she's using Moohood to "connect" with people. This makes her more "approachable" so she can go on to sports announcing or book writing.

I too long for the days when reporting covered the athletes themselves, irrespective of their gonads.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login