Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Think You'll "regret it when you're old?" Think again.

Posted by mumofsixbirds 
Re: Think You'll "regret it when you're old?" Think again.
August 30, 2019
I'll be 70 in October, and I consider my decision to be childfree the best one I ever made!
September 02, 2019
I just turned 69, and I can't imagine how I could have survived spawning.
September 17, 2019
I know of several people in their 60's-70's who would have the option of being retired/retiring soon except for the fact that they are stuck paying the expenses of their grand kids due to their children acting like irresponsible idiots. I realize there are people who want to work until the day they die and that is great because it is their decision to do so. It isn't the same as being a parent for 40+ years, the last 20 years being involuntary. I doubt there is a person alive who strongly desired funneling their retirement budget into daycare.

Here's to kids not being the reason for any of us having a delayed retirement.
September 26, 2019
freya
I know of several people in their 60's-70's who would have the option of being retired/retiring soon except for the fact that they are stuck paying the expenses of their grand kids due to their children acting like irresponsible idiots. I realize there are people who want to work until the day they die and that is great because it is their decision to do so. It isn't the same as being a parent for 40+ years, the last 20 years being involuntary. I doubt there is a person alive who strongly desired funneling their retirement budget into daycare.

I work with people who have the years and the age to retire, but are paying, or saving for spawn's college, so they're stuck putting up with the horseshit. I'm now 56 and looking to retire in a year or two, because with the money I saved and invested, I can already fund my retirement outside of my public pension and social security. We're also looking to move to a different country in a few years, which would never happen if we had kids.

Life is short, why waste it with spawn.
October 14, 2019
freya

As I have posted elsewhere recently, being CF is the main reason I was able to retire at 45, 11 years ago. I am using only my non-retirement assets to live off until the first of my "reinforcements" arrive in about 3 years, at age 59.5. Having unfettered access to my IRA is that first one. After that, in my 60s I will have a frozen company pension and Social Security. My financial picture only gets better after that.

The ACA gave me a nice boost, too, when the exchanges came into existence and made my health insurance more affordable.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login