Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wha...?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Wha...?
September 29, 2008
Yesterday I changed my status on my facebook page to '[Arctic_Fox] needs to drink less coffee and eat less mayonnaise!' (because I want to lose some weight)

I log in today to find that a friend of mine, who had her first loaf last year had commented on my status:

'Enjoy it while you can! It gets worse once you have babies!'

confused smiley

Clearly she's never read my info page or she would see that I belong to a childfree facebook group!!

If I didn't like this person then I would be a bitch and reply with some snotty remark like, 'Hell will freeze the fuck over before I have a kid' or something. But I do like this person and don't want to offend her - do y'all think I should reply? If so any suggestions on what I should say?

I can't stand it when people assume I'm going to breed one day, but I don't want to be a cow about it (pun intended).
Anonymous User
Re: Wha...?
September 29, 2008
how good of friend are you with her? shes doesnt know you very well if she doesnt know your CF, or do you keep that quiet? I would just tell her, that NO BABIES FOR ME, EVER!! ha ha
Anonymous User
September 29, 2008
Hell yea I'd respond. What the fuck? Is she not a good enough friend that she doesn't know your CF status?

I would respond with something similar to: "If I had or even wanted kids, this might be applicable. But seeing how I am adamantly Child Free, this response is not pertinent to my goals".
September 29, 2008
Some people dismiss it even when they told outright that we are CF and will never be having any kyds. Unlike the childed, it only really needs to be said once and not repeated over and over and over and over, like planning to have kyds does, the "trying", the actual finding out they are knocked up stage, the 8 months of baybee/preggo related conversation, all about the birth and hospital stay and the showers, pics, etc......basically all of the shit leading up to, during and right after said birth and THEN the never ending kiddie stories. Then of course it starts ALL over in a never ending cycle with all of the subsequent births and all of the shit that goes along with that. I have noticed that somewhere along the way, most of them become so self absorbed that they not only forget our birthdays and things which may be important to us, they also forget (or choose to ignore) that we are CF.

If I really liked her I would give her one gentle reminder such as, " I guess you must have forgotten, but I am not having any children" . or "I thought you knew me better than that! I told you long ago that I was never having any kids". Then wait and see if you get a bingo, the cold shoulder, or an "Im sorry, I forgot". A lot would depend on her next response as to whether I continued my friendship with her. The fact that she didn't remember or chose to ignore something that was very important to me would make me question my friendship with her anyway. Maybe she has a case of that baybee spacie syndrome they get where they forget everything after they spawn. More than likely though, she just saw an opportunity to interject something about herself (relating to her kyd) into a completely unrelated topic , which I have noticed that breeders often do.
Anonymous User
September 29, 2008
Ok, I just replied with this: 'Actually I don't plan to ever have kids, but thanks for the tip smiling smiley'

I have a feeling she'll probably take it badly anyway. Oh well.

I think she mentioned it simply because she has nothing else to talk about, she's a SAHM who rarely gets to go out and do things, so shit about her kid is all she can contribute to conversations etc. And I hadn't really mentioned my CF status to her out of fear of offending her, her kid is her life and I worried she'd think it was some sort of personal attack on her lifestyle, as they often seem to.

I'll let y'all know if she replies again!
September 29, 2008
Bah, dopey breeder.

Hmm...were you to switch to Lemonaise, it might be even harder to cut down! (mouth waters) Mmm, Lemonaise!
September 29, 2008
(not to hijack the thread...) MWR, I'm not fond of mayo either...but I adore Lemonaise. I had some leftover cuke last night, sliced it thin, spread a few slices of home made bread with the L and piled on cuke, salted it....ahh, Lemonaise heaven.

Also good mixed into a temari-mustard marinade for chicken...mixed into potato salad...veggie sandwich spread...tuna pita pocket...guacamole ingredient...mixed with mustard for french fry dip...yum-O. (end of thread hijack)
Anonymous User
September 30, 2008
a couple of my friends on facebook have recently had babies. i couldn't bring myself to send a congrats,but one of my friends dog died and i sent my sympathies..i hope that doent make me a bad person:yeah
September 30, 2008
Again, the assumption that we'll change our minds.
Anonymous User
September 30, 2008
Sounds good. I also like garlic mayonnaise.
Anonymous User
September 30, 2008
roger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> a couple of my friends on facebook have recently
> had babies. i couldn't bring myself to send a
> congrats,but one of my friends dog died and i sent
> my sympathies..i hope that doent make me a bad
> person:yeah

Why would that make you a bad person? Actually, it makes you a very sensitive person in my opinion. People have babies...whatever, no biggie..someone loses a beloved pet or loved one, now THAT deserves empathy. You did the right thing Thank you
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login