Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Alabama politican wants the death penalty for abortion

Posted by cfdavep 
Alabama politican wants the death penalty for abortion
April 05, 2019
https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2019/04/228771/alabama-abortion-ban-roe-v-wade?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss_linkback2

I think the GOP would support Shaia law if that ever happens in the US starting in the south, then again Sharia law may not even be this bad
Re: Alabama politican wants the death penalty for abortion
April 05, 2019
Until his mistress is pregnant.

cfdavep
I think the GOP would support Shaia law if that ever happens in the US starting in the south, then again Sharia law may not even be this bad
Just tell them it's not "Sharia" law, it's "biblical" law, and they'll chomp that hook.
April 05, 2019
I am sincerely disgusted by what's happening in the States with regards to abortion. It seems that the vast majority of people commenting on the article are equally as disgusted as I am.

As some commenters pointed out, what happens if the woman miscarries naturally? Would the State try to prove she murdered the clump? Would she be up for some kind of charge because her body rejected said clump?

What about some dude who goes and knocks up a young woman by raping her? I guess if she aborts, it would only be she who faces homicide charges. The guy gets off scott-free because all he did was get her pregnant. It's her problem now.

This is just the GOP trying to create inequality among men and women. They want to keep the women breeding, so they don't have the same educational and career opportunities as men.

I'm so glad that I live in Canada. Safe, essentially free access to abortions and birth control. I don't worry about myself so much, because my husband had a vasectomy, but I am glad those things are in place for other women. I could never vote conservative, because they would remove those rights if they could.
April 07, 2019
mumofsixbirds
As some commenters pointed out, what happens if the woman miscarries naturally? Would the State try to prove she murdered the clump? Would she be up for some kind of charge because her body rejected said clump?

What about some dude who goes and knocks up a young woman by raping her? I guess if she aborts, it would only be she who faces homicide charges. The guy gets off scott-free because all he did was get her pregnant. It's her problem now.

Odds are they would. If they're trying to take away a woman's right to abortion and punish her for getting one, I'm guessing they'd try to charge her for miscarriage too. They'd probably call it manslaughter since there was no intention to end the pregnancy. If these cockbags hate women enough to imprison them for reproductive freedom, then they're willing to go out of their way to find things to accuse her of to increase the chances of putting her away for a century.

And judging by the article, they don't want to make exceptions for cases of rape or incest. So if a woman is impregnated by Daddy or through sexual assault, she can just go home and shut up. I can't imagine this shit would pass, even in Alabama.
April 09, 2019
kittehpeoples
Until his mistress is pregnant.

cfdavep
Just tell them it's not "Sharia" law, it's "biblical" law, and they'll chomp that hook.

The GOP doesn't follow the rule of law. Laws don't apply to them, just the peons under foot.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 13, 2019
I guess they were trying to outdo Texas:

Link

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
April 14, 2019
The South is misogynist AF. Even guys who consider themselves liberal and woke act like this. I lived in Texas for 30 years. I have no idea why anyone would want to live there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login