Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Store Opening

Posted by annie35 
New Store Opening
October 03, 2008
This new store opened across the street from the deli I frequent.
I decided to go take a look around, the store sells overstocks at good prices.
I go in and this moo, who owns it has her kids ( 2 ) hanging out in the store.
As I am shopping they are running around and making my shopping experience unpleasant.
I left and I am never going back, she is running a business not a daycare.
too bad her kids pissed me off, I found a really great shelf, but would not buy it now if it were super cheap.
Re: New Store Opening
October 03, 2008
Me thinks she won't stay in business very long.
Anonymous User
October 03, 2008
I wonder why her little darlings aren't in school?
October 03, 2008
Homeskewlin'?
October 03, 2008
I too think she'll have a problem because even if it's subliminal, many people will find it irritating. Even breeders.
October 03, 2008
How unprofessional. At the very least she should be providing a pleasant, fun shopping experience to her patrons.

I agree in thinking she won't be in business for long...
October 03, 2008
Yeah that would be really irritating. I definitely would not want to shop there.
October 03, 2008
My sister, who has two school age kyds, owns a small resale/consigment shop in a trendy shopping area of her town located in a loft of an old building. NOTHING pisses her off more than when women bring their kyds in there as everything in it is for sale, down to the bathroom accessories such as soap dispensers, towels displayed, candy dishes and the homemade fudge samples in them, etc......It's CLEAR this is an adult only shop by the way it's set up and the fact that she has a long bar where wine and cheese can be sampled. Yet, just about very week she has a few moos come in with strollers, which do not fit well in the already cramped aisles, and a toddler or two in tow.

She has to follow them around while pretending to "assist" them, just so they won't destroy any of the merchandise, which they have done in the past. Of course this takes time away from her PAYING customers who always have questions and want to price haggle, because these moocows generally are "just looking", and practically having lunch as they gobble up samples, and letting their kyds wander about unattended wreaking havoc. She has thought of a "no kyds" sign, but is afraid that this might offend her huge suburban moo clientele, who generally leave their brood at home with the nanny when they shop. So, if it pisses a childed business owner off then you can rest assured that it pisses off the childed customers who have left Shitleigh and Barfy at home, not to even begin of how it would piss a childfree off.
Anonymous User
October 04, 2008
annie35 i would send her a letter telling her why your never going back there again, these breeders need to be told.
Really?
October 04, 2008
Maybe she can put up a 'No Large Strollers Due to Narrow Aisles' sign - that would weed out the breeders (have you noticed that only breeders use the huge strollers?) without offending parents, who'd just think she was trying to make the shopping experience as comfortable as possible...
Anonymous User
October 04, 2008
Maybe a sign that says: You break it, you pay it, valide for everyone.
This way, the moos can't cry discrimination.
October 04, 2008
Maybe make one small play area with some toys/books/beanbag chair where kids can hang out.
Anonymous User
October 04, 2008
clematis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe make one small play area with some
> toys/books/beanbag chair where kids can hang out.

ohhhhhhh HELL NO, talk about inviting trouble, breeders have no shame they will use that store for their own personal daycare/hangout, and most of the moos wouldnt spend any money anyway, breeders make the worst customers.
October 04, 2008
Mrs. Ogre Wrote:
> Maybe a sign that says: You break it, you pay it,
> valide for everyone.
> This way, the moos can't cry discrimination.

I bet they'd refuse to pay. "Waahhh, I can't afford that, I'm a single maaawm!" Or the old standard: "But (s)he's just a chyyyyld!"
October 04, 2008
Although my sister who has the consignment store generally only sees the aftermath of destruction after it's too late to know who the guilty party (s) are, once she actually was standing there when a kyd knocked off a lamp and the moocow DID offer to pay for it. However, she didn't want to pay the tagged price, but rather wanted to know what the price WOULD have been had she actually sold it to her before the "accident". Basically, the whore wanted a discount on the merchandise that her kyd had destroyed.
Anonymous User
October 05, 2008
I hate it when store owners do give discounts to moos who whine.

Back when I was single I had to go to Florida because my aunt was dying. I didn't have the money to fly, so I had to drive. This was back when you could get gas some places for $.99 a gallon. On my way out of town I meant to drop a video I had rented off at the video store. In my rush, I forgot and I drove to FL with it. I ended up being in FL for almost 2 weeks. On my way back in town I stopped to drop the video off and pay my late fees which totaled $52. I knew the woman in front of me in line. She was a lawyer's wife with 5 unruley kids. Looking at them you would never know that they had money, because they were well known in our town for living like filthy, disorganized hogs. The kids and the women looked like they had just stepped out of a production of Oliver Twist. The person waiting on them had no idea that they had money because he was a college student, not from our town. The woman had over $100 in late fees and had the nerve to ask the clerk if he could reduce them. He looked at how pathetically poor their appearance was and reduced it to $10!!! When it was my turn at the counter I figured if they could get a discount, I'd try to as well. I'm not one to expect something for nothing, but it pissed me off. I told the guy why my movie was late and asked if he could cut me a break. He said sorry, that I looked like I could afford it, and that they usually cut breaks on late fees for poorer families. I informed him that the family he had just given a break to wasn't poor and gave him the particulars on them. I also let him know that after taxes I had only cleared $17K that year and that I was far poorer than them! He said that if I had kids with me he might cut me a break, but he was sorry that he couldn't. I paid my late fee, and never rented there again. I also wrote the corporate office of Blockbuster to let them know an employee was losing money for them by cutting people breaks on late fees. Damn breeder pleasers.
October 05, 2008
Blockbuster can be REAL assholes regarding late fees and I noticed that their "no more late fees!" campaign didn't last very long. I usually ponied up my fees without comment, but they pissed me off this one time and I showed my ass. In addition to the $20 late fee tab, they decided that I had never returned some stupid movie entitled "Baseketball," which they had not breathed a fucking word about in a month but just kept carrying over the late fees, until that day. They wanted me to pay full price for the movie which I think was $49.99 or something or I suppose just pay a continual late fee on it until I was buried. My argument on this bullshit was that I had ALREADY paid $1.99 A DAY late fee for nearly a month, along with other late fees, so that MORE than paid for the movie. My second line of argument was that it was a stupid kyd's movie that went from box office to rental the same day and that if I had planned on stealing a movie, it would have been one of the NUMEROUS new releases I had rented and WORTH stealing, not some BULLSHIT movie. My third argument was that one of THEM had perhaps stolen it and were and blaming it on me as I was POSITIVE I had returned it, etc........

It took 20 minutes and a "red phone" type call from the district manager, but they voided the movie from my account and gave me a free ride on all of the OTHER late fees that day. I felt exhonorated and smug. albeit it a bit embarrassed. The next week when I vaccumed my car at a carwash I found "Baseketball" wedged under the seat and I just tossed the evidence in the dumpster. I still have never seen that movie.tongue sticking out smiley I don't feel too bad about my error because BLOCKBUSTER rapes it's customers and I figure that in the ten or so years I have had an account with them they have gouged me for a week's salary with late fees, not to even mention their VERY misleading box covers about the actual content of some of the movies and some are nothing more than SHITTY remakes, SHITTY copycats of good movies, or foreign made films, which they go to great lengths to hide.

I suppose I am no different than your garden variety criminal in that I have just rationalized my theft. I STILL hate Blockbuster though and BratBgone just gave me another reason.
Anonymous User
October 05, 2008
kidlesskim Wrote:
> Blockbuster can be REAL assholes regarding late
> fees and I noticed that their "no more late fees!"
> campaign didn't last very long. I usually ponied
> up my fees without comment, but they pissed me off
> this one time and I showed my ass. In addition to
> the $20 late fee tab, they decided that I had
> never returned some stupid movie entitled
> "Baseketball," which they had not breathed a
> fucking word about in a month but just kept
> carrying over the late fees, until that day. They
> wanted me to pay full price for the movie which I
> think was $49.99 or something or I suppose just
> pay a continual late fee on it until I was buried.
> My argument on this bullshit was that I had
> ALREADY paid $1.99 A DAY late fee for nearly a
> month, along with other late fees, so that MORE
> than paid for the movie. My second line of
> argument was that it was a stupid kyd's movie that
> went from box office to rental the same day and
> that if I had planned on stealing a movie, it
> would have been one of the NUMEROUS new releases I
> had rented and WORTH stealing, not some BULLSHIT
> movie. My third argument was that one of THEM had
> perhaps stolen it and were and blaming it on me as
> I was POSITIVE I had returned it, etc........
>
> It took 20 minutes and a "red phone" type call
> from the district manager, but they voided the
> movie from my account and gave me a free ride on
> all of the OTHER late fees that day. I felt
> exhonorated and smug. albeit it a bit embarrassed.
> The next week when I vaccumed my car at a carwash
> I found "Baseketball" wedged under the seat and I
> just tossed the evidence in the dumpster. I still
> have never seen that movie.tongue sticking out smiley I don't feel too bad
> about my error because BLOCKBUSTER rapes it's
> customers and I figure that in the ten or so years
> I have had an account with them they have gouged
> me for a week's salary with late fees, not to even
> mention their VERY misleading box covers about the
> actual content of some of the movies and some are
> nothing more than SHITTY remakes, SHITTY copycats
> of good movies, or foreign made films, which they
> go to great lengths to hide.
>
> I suppose I am no different than your garden
> variety criminal in that I have just rationalized
> my theft. I STILL hate Blockbuster though and
> BratBgone just gave me another reason.

Actually Baseketball isn't a kiddie movie, it was made by and stars Matt Stone and Trey Parker, the dudes who created South Park, and has similar content. Certainly wasn't the best movie I've ever seen and you didn't miss out on anything great, but yeah, it's definitely not a kid's movie :chug
Anonymous User
October 05, 2008
Many moms who try to run a business, will do so in a very unprofessional way. They will ask you, the customer, to make all kinds of accommodations for them. They will tell you, the customer, all the problems they are having in their personal life and expect you to understand why they can't give 100% good service.

I rarely experience these same issues with men who are business owners. I hate to sound sexist but that is the damn truth. Maybe these men are dads, maybe they aren't - but they leave their personal life at home. The moo brings her personal life to the forefront of her work and business and expects it to be your problem.
Anonymous User
October 05, 2008
I remember looking at scandinavian furniture on a website that sold very expensive items. I emailed the contact person to get some more details on an item I was interested in. I didn't hear back so I politely emailed her again a few weeks later, with a second request for the information. Well, to my shock, she wrote back to me and told me all about her pregnancy and how she wasn't able to get me the information I needed, because she was "due" in a few weeks. My thought was "well then why are working bitch. why don't you just quit your job and take down your website if you don't want to deal with customers".
Anonymous User
October 05, 2008
kidlesskim Wrote:
> Blockbuster can be REAL assholes regarding late
> fees and I noticed that their "no more late fees!"
> campaign didn't last very long.

Several years ago , I caught Blockbuster in lies about when I returned their movies. I started writing down the date and time I returned each movie; each time, they would send me a late fee notice in the mail. I finally tore up my blockbuster card and quit renting from them. I found a local, independent video store and started going there instead.

Anyway, people are now downloading movies from the internet for free. Blockbuster can't do as many movie rentals as they used to and they've resorted to mostly just selling and renting out video games.
October 05, 2008
Many moos open their own business because they can do crap that they normally would not do if they worked for someone else. It is a terrible thing to be an employee in one of these moo operated businesses.

Moo usually does no work, rarely shows up for work, has no respect for employees. Hypocrisy levels are not sustainable due to the fact that employees are expected to carry the extra weight and time off is impossible to get, even for a doctor visit. While some offer vacation, being allowed to take it is a whole different story.

Moos are also not very tolerant of other pregnant women. I do not know why, but I have seen a moo let go of her employee because the employee was prego and had morning sickness. Talking about a selfish bitch the moo business owner she was. I guess only the moo owner is allowed to be pignasty and no other. I see it, I hear it. Parents do not help each other, they attempt to destroy each other in any way that they can. That is the reality that is rarely addressed by the media.
October 06, 2008
Netflix.
October 06, 2008
Yeah, Netflix is moving into the streaming-video business in addition to its DVD rental service. It just bought some streaming-video rights from some other movie companies. Seems like it's really trying to move with the times, as opposed to dinosaurs (my opinion) Blockbuster or Hollywood Video (ugh).
October 06, 2008
Medusa Wrote:
> Mrs. Ogre Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Maybe a sign that says: You break it, you pay
> it,
> > valide for everyone.
> > This way, the moos can't cry discrimination.
>
> I bet they'd refuse to pay. "Waahhh, I can't
> afford that, I'm a single maaawm!" Or the old
> standard: "But (s)he's just a chyyyyld!"

this is what i was thinking. no way would they own up to it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login