Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I think it is selfish to have an adult only wedding

Posted by freya 
I think it is selfish to have an adult only wedding
February 22, 2022
Moo thinks it is selfish to have an adult only wedding. The only reason she gives is that she doesn't want to pay for babysitting.

She also says a wedding is a wedding is a wedding. Funny, I thought the point of a wedding was to celebrate with specific friends or family a choice in spouse and a new life. Moo only sees what she has to pay to attend a wedding. Maybe someone will take pity on her and stop inviting her to all those weddings.

At one point in time it was understood that no brats would attend a wedding unless the brat was in the wedding. Brats don't understand weddings and aren't mature enough to attend them. If anything, brats end up bored within minutes and cause disruptions. And since most parents don't bother to parent the disruptions grow into major distractions.

People used to hire babysitters any time there was a wedding, event, whatever and not think about it. They weren't spending money on toys, eating out, etc. And they certainly weren't bitching about it, if they couldn't afford to pay for babysitting they simply didn't attend. It could be as simple as declining the invite because they are going to be "out of town".

I think it is selfish for brats to attend a wedding because parunts certainly aren't going to keep their brats in check.
Everyone is well aware that parunts feel entitled to enjoy themselves and that includes letting their brats free range in a fragile environment where tens of thousands of dollars have been spent in preparation. They'll disrupt a very expensive day for a bride and groom. Brats may also disrupt guests by running in front of people with mobility issues, putting their dirty hands in the food, getting food on the nice clothing of guests, freaking out because they don't get their way, etc.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lifestyle-buzz/i-have-kids-and-i-think-its-selfish-to-have-an-adult-only-wedding/ar-AAU829P?li=BBnb7Kz
Re: I think it is selfish to have an adult only wedding
February 27, 2022
Brats don't belong at formal occasions.
February 27, 2022
JoJo
Brats don't belong at formal occasions.

Brats belong nowhere other than their homes.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
February 28, 2022
The OP wrote she is getting a lot of invitations. Maybe friends from college? I know I've been there before, particularly when people I barely know want me to come to their kids' shower or something. These events are typically gift grabs. The solution is simple: don't go.

Side tangent: When one of my best friends from college got married, one of her friends came alone to the church with her kid. And the kid proceeded to scream throughout the vows, to the point where people could barely hear them. People were giving the friend the stink eye, and she finally took the kid outside when the ceremony was almost over....they stayed about two minutes too long.

I'm sure my friend loved having a baby scream through her vows. It was all on videotape too.
March 01, 2022
I was forced to go to a wedding once when I was a kid and I still remember how boring it was. Sitting around listening to adults talk (boring), not being able to do what I wanted (boring) while being made to wear an uncomfortable nice dress. Any event where everyone is expected to sit down and shut up for extended periods of time is not a good place to bring kids - weddings, graduations, funerals, ceremonies, concerts, etc.

The point of a wedding is two people celebrating a legal union out of love and since it's their fucking day and they are most likely the ones paying for everything, they can decide who is and is not allowed at their event. Like you said, most parents now don't bother to corral their asshole kids because they all think their domestic responsibilities are suspended in public/crowded places, so when their little tard is doing laps around the church screeching and throwing flowers and rolling down the aisle, Mommy won't lift a finger to stop it. But ohhh man, she'll have a big fat fucking conniption if someone else dares tell her munchkin to shut up. And good luck keeping brats' grubby snotty fingers out of the wedding cake that probably cost three figures.

I have heard far too many stories of people who had to hire bouncers/security for their weddings after saying "no kids" and entitled dumbass breeders hauled their bastards to the event anyway. This should not have to be a thing.

If you don't like it when people have child-free weddings, then just don't attend them. Believe me, no one will mind.
March 05, 2022
Cambion
I was forced to go to a wedding once when I was a kid and I still remember how boring it was. Sitting around listening to adults talk (boring), not being able to do what I wanted (boring) while being made to wear an uncomfortable nice dress. Any event where everyone is expected to sit down and shut up for extended periods of time is not a good place to bring kids - weddings, graduations, funerals, ceremonies, concerts, etc.

The point of a wedding is two people celebrating a legal union out of love and since it's their fucking day and they are most likely the ones paying for everything, they can decide who is and is not allowed at their event. Like you said, most parents now don't bother to corral their asshole kids because they all think their domestic responsibilities are suspended in public/crowded places, so when their little tard is doing laps around the church screeching and throwing flowers and rolling down the aisle, Mommy won't lift a finger to stop it. But ohhh man, she'll have a big fat fucking conniption if someone else dares tell her munchkin to shut up. And good luck keeping brats' grubby snotty fingers out of the wedding cake that probably cost three figures.

I have heard far too many stories of people who had to hire bouncers/security for their weddings after saying "no kids" and entitled dumbass breeders hauled their bastards to the event anyway. This should not have to be a thing.

If you don't like it when people have child-free weddings, then just don't attend them. Believe me, no one will mind.

Thanks for sharing that story. When I was a kid, I always wanted to attend a wedding because they looked so cool on TV. I loved the idea of dressing up, seeing pretty decorations, and eating a wedding cake. I felt disappointed staying home with the sitter. Now I see the ugly side of weddings and feel relieved that nobody invited me yet.
March 06, 2022
I have thought that a compromise in some cases would be if there was a separate place, like a daycare... but probably the breeders would not like that either.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
March 07, 2022
Kids and weddings aren't a great mix. I remember when I was a kid, my mom and I were invited to a wedding for a family friend's son. I was dragged along and it was so BORING! I pretty much hated every second of it and couldn't wait to get out of there, which was way past midnight.

The worst part was waiting in the reception hall, having to sit at a table for over 3 hours before getting any food. I was super hungry and bored as hell. I just sat and sat and sat and thought I was going to starve before I got any food.

It was a big reception in a hall and a lot of the adults got really drunk. Not many kids there so I didn't have anyone to talk to. It was so long and I was so tired by the end of the night.

Breeders think it's selfish mostly because they would have to find loafcare and pay for it instead of taking them along.
March 07, 2022
There is no placating breeders, either in terms of weddings or in general.

If you let them bring their sprogs along, they complain about there being no free babysitters, a lack of things for their kids to do, and will most likely scream at other guests who do adult things like drink, swear, make out, dance provocatively, etc. in front of their precious dumplings.They will also likely scold anyone who tells their kids to behave.

If you say no kids allowed, they scream about discrimination and ageism and the newlyweds being child haters even if they are parents themselves, but oh they still want to attend (especially if there is an open bar). If you arrange for babysitting accommodations for sproggen, the breeders will bitch that the sitters are untrustworthy and Mommy will "feel better" if she has her crotch dump with her at the wedding/reception because the only one who can do a good enough job of minding a child is the parents themselves... and then those same parents will proceed to act like they have no kids and get more drunk and rowdy than anyone else there while everyone else is expected to make sure their free-range sprogs don't Darwinize themselves.

It's best to just leave breeders off the guest list unless they are official PNBs and can be trusted to leave their fucktrophies at home. Because honestly, what are you missing out on by not inviting them? A gift? What's the best a breeder is gonna give you? Sure as fuck won't be money because most of them are broke. A 30-year-old broken second-hand blender they got out of a trash can? A pair of mismatched ill-fitting socks? An unactivated gift card that they stole from Walmart? Yeah boy, totally worth the $50/plate dinner you buy for them, I'm sure. eye rolling smiley
March 07, 2022
mumofsixbirds
Kids and weddings aren't a great mix.

My sister was a singer for many years, and she says that without exception the weirdest gigs were weddings and kids were a big part of the reason why. She said it was always dicey when you had these two big groups of people who didn't know each other but were suddenly family, but on top of that you had these free range, unsupervised kids running wild. She says it isn't unusual for kids to get hammered at weddings, either. She'd hear people excuse giving their kids wine or champagne or whatever was available, excusing it as a "special occasion." I wonder if they just didn't want the kids to mellow out and get away from them...or worse, if they thought it would be funny to see kids drunk.

Whatever the case, she hated playing weddings with kids.
March 13, 2022
twocents
I have thought that a compromise in some cases would be if there was a separate place, like a daycare... but probably the breeders would not like that either.

I doubt breeders would complain about free childcare. They would jump at the opportunity to let someone else look after the kids.

In poorer breeder cultures, weddings are considered family parties. Inviting the parents without the kids is considered a huge insult. I knew a couple whose vows got ruined by a whining toadler because the Moo wouldn’t take her. outside.
March 30, 2022
I had a CF wedding when I believe it wasn't a very popular thing to bring up.

I was the bride, I didn't want to be upstaged by some dumb kid antic going down the aisle. I certainly didn't want my vows drowned out on my video tape or IRL.

But I always noticed when people invited kids to weddings, or to stand up in wedding, the mom of kid didn't look like she was having any fun. Everyone else is driinking, dancing, socializing, etc., and she sits there talking to kid and trying to avoid meltdowns. The kid certainly didnt look like they were having any fun after they got to do their part and get pictures taken. After all the attention is gone, they dont want to sit at the hall tables like little ladies and gents. They are rolling on the floor in their fancy clothes and then falling asleep under the table. I wanted to avoid all this and have moms I invited actually socialize at my wedding like a normal person.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login