Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Texas has become Central America

Posted by cfdavep 
Texas has become Central America
April 09, 2022
https://www.yahoo.com/news/inhumane-texas-woman-faces-murder-204355466.html

A woman in Texas apparently self aborted...cause Texas, and is now in jail charged with murder.
Re: Texas has become Central America
April 10, 2022
It will soon be a crime to be female in Republican lead states.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 10, 2022
This is why I can't understand why everybody and their dog is moving here, including big name companies like Tesla, Facebook, Indeed, Google, Apple, Oracle, the list goes on and on.
April 10, 2022
THIS JUST IN: they're dropping the charges. Still an asshole thing to do in the first place, making an example of her. Fuck these assholes.
April 11, 2022
kidfreetexan
This is why I can't understand why everybody and their dog is moving here, including big name companies like Tesla, Facebook, Indeed, Google, Apple, Oracle, the list goes on and on.

Because people actually think "Austin isn't really Texas" which of course is ridiculous because of course you're still in Texas. But I agree with you. People with sprogs from other states like California love that they can have big yard McMansions for cheap and pay no state income tax. (I lived in TX for several decades and this is the kind of stuff I heard from transplants)
April 11, 2022
Thank goodness they're dropping the charges. I don't even live in the US and this made steam come out of my ears! angry smiley
April 12, 2022
Look at any Texan neighborhood that isn’t gentrified by the transplants. It already is Mexico and Central America.
April 15, 2022
The cost of running a city/state/etc. goes up exponentially the more people who move there so I think it is inevitable taxes will have to go up. Once there are too many people, the place will be left a dump and everyone who can afford to will move on.
April 15, 2022
JohnDrake
The cost of running a city/state/etc. goes up exponentially the more people who move there so I think it is inevitable taxes will have to go up. Once there are too many people, the place will be left a dump and everyone who can afford to will move on.

Arizona is also becoming one giant slum, but the Californians are still flooding in.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 16, 2022
craftyzits
JohnDrake

Arizona is also becoming one giant slum, but the Californians are still flooding in.

Wow, that’s a whole new level for California transplants. In the past, Californians mainly attended Arizona’s party schools and came back after graduation. Maybe now they’re staying for the lower costs. If that’s the case, I’m so sorry.
April 17, 2022
misskitty
Wow, that’s a whole new level for California transplants. In the past, Californians mainly attended Arizona’s party schools and came back after graduation. Maybe now they’re staying for the lower costs. If that’s the case, I’m so sorry.

What is happening is people are finding themselves unable to afford to house themselves, and we're talking high incomes here. Of course, having brats means your household becomes more expensive, but I'm talking incomes of two hundred thousand dollars. They pack their shit, and come to Arizona, and drive up the housing here. If I didn't have public housing I'd be homeless as there's no way you can house yourself on SSD. You can't rent a room for less than $600.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 17, 2022
craftyzits
misskitty

What is happening is people are finding themselves unable to afford to house themselves, and we're talking high incomes here. Of course, having brats means your household becomes more expensive, but I'm talking incomes of two hundred thousand dollars. They pack their shit, and come to Arizona, and drive up the housing here. If I didn't have public housing I'd be homeless as there's no way you can house yourself on SSD. You can't rent a room for less than $600.

Even last decade, $200k in coastal California would have only been comfortable for 1-2 children unless there's a "village". Is that $600 room safe housing or slum housing? In Texas, slum housing is at least $300 and decent housing is at least $1000.
April 18, 2022
There are just too many people now. We need to curtail population growth.
April 18, 2022
misskitty

Even last decade, $200k in coastal California would have only been comfortable for 1-2 children unless there's a "village". Is that $600 room safe housing or slum housing? In Texas, slum housing is at least $300 and decent housing is at least $1000.

Slum.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login