Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It's true! Our theories are correct!

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
It's true! Our theories are correct!
October 07, 2008
So, I was watching Oprah today (don't judge, it's my day-off and there was nothing better on), and it was one of those medical episodes where she brings on her doctor friend (the one who insists on wearing scrubs even though he's not in an operating theatre).

At one point a moo with a freshly-baked loaf asks the doc a question. She tells him that since she got knocked-up and gave birth, her brains have pretty much gone out the window and she can't remember simple words, do simple things etc, and she asked what the reason for this was.

The doc explained that it's a symptom he calls 'Mommy Brain', and it happens because while it's gestating, the baybee needs lots of fat to grow, and because the brain is about 80% fat (which I didn't know), the baybee literally drains the moo's brain, and he went on to say that a moo's brain SHRINKS BY EIGHT PERCENT during pregnasty!

I couldn't help but crack up laughing - so all the times we've made comments about moos seemingly getting dumber and dumber during repugnancy/losing their brains along with the placenta etc, we've actually been medically correct!!

bouncing and laughing It amused me to no end.
Re: It's true! Our theories are correct!
October 07, 2008
HAHAHA!!! We win, we win!

Ok, but here's a chink in the theory... if the baybee takes all the maah-mees fat, why are they so freakin lardy from head to foot??

The brain is actually 78 percent water and 12 percent fat (10 percent things like protein, carb, salts and organic matter). It could shrink because it loses fat OR water. Or it could shrink because it somehow knows it won't be needed any more.

Does it shrink each time for each kid? Or does it regain that lost mass? My bet is that the more the kids, the less the cow brain there is.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
NO SHIT?! Wow, I did not know that. Amazing...

I'm with you, Amethyst. I'm thinking the brain does continue to shrink with each subsequent kid.
October 07, 2008
I think that doc is full of shit. I think the reason that moos become absent minded, disoriented, forgetful, etc.... after calving is because of several factors including but not limited to the following;Lack of sleep, lack of proper nutrition, rapid hormone fluctuation, and the emotional letdown of all of the attention they were used to for a year or so going down the tubes. While I am sure than a hormone imbalance might contribute to post partum depression, I think it's ROOT cause can be found in it's name. POST baybee being born depression, which is an emotional depression rather than a physical oriented one in nature. No more attention, what attention that's left is diverted toward baybee, no more baybee showers and parties, no more special parking spaces and sympathetic yet indirectly coerced nightly lower back rubs from hubby, and the HORRIBLE realization that their body has been irreversibly disfigured from the neck to their knees, inside AND out.

It's a strange reverse reward type thing where they get all of the accolades, attention, and glorification beforehand and then suffer HORRIBLE consequences afterwards in the ways that I just mentioned AND they have a needy, clingy, shitting, pissing, vomiting, little shitbag of a soul sucker who THEY are responsible for at a MINIMUM of 18 years. Criminals get less time for murder than that in many cases. If I woke up to that nightmare I can promise you that I would sink into a deep deep depression and would most likely never recover. I suppose if they really lose 8% of their brain mass to go along with the other shit, they would REALLY have problems. Maybe that's nature's way of making them able to endure such a nightmare. I mean, I have never known an unhappy mentally retarded person, so maybe if they can remain unaware of the hell their lives have become and oblivious to life passing them by, they can better cope.
nowhiggers
October 07, 2008
but don't let science get in the way of the fanatical feminist moos.

there is a reason women make less money than men.... and that reason is the statement should be corrected to MOOS make less money than men, for all the reasons the doctor stated plus the fact that they interrupt their careers with additional loaf spewing and bratley's soccer, etc.

childfree women compete just fine with men and make as much if not more money. i've never had a problem with making money like a man does, why?

Because. I. participate. and. work. equally. to. a. man.

An employer only needs to set one standard, and then reward based on who meets the standard. period. that's fair. that's equal.

but to hear these goddamned mooooooooooooooooos moooooooooooooooooing that they "can't compete fairly in the workplace" that's just bullshit. what they want are MORE rights than men and MORE rights than childfree women.
October 07, 2008
nowhiggers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> but don't let science get in the way of the
> fanatical feminist moos.
>
> there is a reason women make less money than
> men.... and that reason is the statement should be
> corrected to MOOS make less money than men, for
> all the reasons the doctor stated plus the fact
> that they interrupt their careers with additional
> loaf spewing and bratley's soccer, etc.
>
> childfree women compete just fine with men and
> make as much if not more money. i've never had a
> problem with making money like a man does, why?
>
> Because. I. participate. and. work. equally. to.
> a. man.
>
> An employer only needs to set one standard, and
> then reward based on who meets the standard.
> period. that's fair. that's equal.
>
> but to hear these goddamned mooooooooooooooooos
> moooooooooooooooooing that they "can't compete
> fairly in the workplace" that's just bullshit.
> what they want are MORE rights than men and MORE
> rights than childfree women.

No truer words have ever been spoken! I found it tough in the beginning of my workplace experience to get the same pay, job titles, etc.....as males simply because of the belief that young women will get married, get knocked up, either leave for good or want special concessions. Moocows fucked it up for ALL women in the late 70's, and ALL through the 80's and the early nineties with their "have it all" philosophy, which I think is impossible, btw. Why WOULD an employer promote, give raises, benefits, etc......to ANY employee that he/she had good reason to believe wouldn't be around for the long haul, would have to have special needs met while knocked up and perhaps MULTIPLE times, need time off for kiddie holidays, extra sick leave for nursing sick kyds, and that's IF they even come back to work after calving?

Moocows cause more work on colleagues and co-workers and often times the boss himself, productivity and customer/client/patient services suffer, insurance rates go up for everyone with the numerous prenancies and kyds attached to famblee plans, and NOW they actually demand "pump rooms" and special parking in ADDITION to all of the rest? They are well aware that they can't be discriminated against too or a lawsuit looms over the employer's head. I had the occasion to interview and hire one trainee to work under me several years ago. I had a single man and a married moowcow with a 2 y/o and one new loaf from which to choose. I didn't see or hear ANYTHING past the PROUD accomplishment of, "I have a 2 y/o and a newborn!!!!!!", followed by a, "How many kyds do you have?". Even though the guy I so OBVIOUSLY picked was a bit immature, I figured that he at least wouldn't be wanting special favors for his moohoodness. I would rather spend time in daily close proximity to a somewhat silly young single man than with a moocow and her bottomless pit of stories about her shitbags.

The best way to weed them out is to never hire them in the first place, but even that is getting more difficult as they campaign on for their fucking "rights" to screw everyone ELSE over in the workplace.
October 07, 2008
Brain shrinkage: well, I'll be jiggered; when I read that I thought, "bah, Oprah..." but it appears to be true! And the original discovery came out 11 years ago! I wonder why I never heard of this before.

The article linked above says it takes 6 months for the brain to regain full size. That means Ma Duggar, who's been pregnant approx. once a year for the past 20 years, has been operating at reduced capacity for a couple of decades now...
October 08, 2008
Just another reason NOT to breed.

I love Oprah but I do take issue with her on *certain* things.

I do think she kicks ass because she is self-made from nothing.

I bet she is thanking her lucky stars she's a CF'er.

My ex-MIL used to live and die by the Great Word of Oprah, as if she were a church or something. LOL
October 08, 2008
Natures way of keeping you from offing yourself.
Lose your brain power and memory, forget how bad life is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login