Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CF woman in Upstate NY denied pain meds

Posted by cfdavep 
CF woman in Upstate NY denied pain meds
October 05, 2023
https://jezebel.com/childbearing-age-medication-denied-lawsuit-1850899899

She was looking for pain meds and the doc said that he needed her spouse to be in on the decision as she may get in pig. She is suing the hospital. This usually happens in red states
Re: CF woman in Upstate NY denied pain meds
October 05, 2023
I hope she gets a big award because it is absolutely ridiculous for someone who doesn't exist, who will never exist, to be prioritized over someone who is living and suffering. It's such an assault on women's bodily autonomy.
October 06, 2023
Why the fuck do women in 2023 need permission or an opinion from their spouses to receive any form of medical care? It's not like they're going on a field trip and they need Mommy's signature on the consent form.

God I hate this "treat all women as pre-pregnant" horse shit. Women get denied so many things in hospitals because the assface doctor is so concerned that she might get pregnant and the medication will cause fetal defects. I know I've told this story before, but when I needed an antibiotic as a teenager for a bad sinus infection, I had to fight for it because that particular antibiotic was known to cause birth defects and the fucktarded ENT decided that since I was experiencing nausea from another medication that according to her "is not known to cause nausea," I must be pregnant. I said I wasn't and she refused to believe me. I offered to pull out my tampon and prove it to her because I was on my period at the time. She reluctantly gave me the damn pills after that.

Fuck that doctor for denying that woman pain relief. Cluster headaches are also known as "suicide headaches," so that should give you an idea of just how bad they can be. I'm glad she sued, and I hope she wins. Even if a woman was pregnant, it's her business if she wants to take something that causes fetal defects. If it's such a big fucking deal, have the woman sign a waiver saying that she is not allowed to sue in the event she gets pregnant and the resulting fetus winds up deformed, and that the risks of taking X medication were explained thoroughly to her and she has chosen to take the medication anyway. That way, the hospital is not liable for anything that might happen should a fetus decide to join the party.

I hope more women sue their shitty doctors for denial of medical treatment on the basis of possible pregnancy. Being denied something as simple as an antibiotic because of a clump of tissue that doesn't even exist is fucked up. This particular woman has also been blacklisted from hospitals local to her for sharing her experiences on Tiktok. Because dog forbid the public know what kinds of bullshit anti-woman policies the hospital follows. I'd be going to the media about that shit - put these cocksuckers on full blast.
October 06, 2023
It happened at the hospital in Glen's Falls, a "blue collar red town" as I live not far from it. Malta is mentioned which a burb of Saratoga, a well-to do Trump town. The case featured the nurse sending a facebook message to the woman's husband/boyriend outlining her "behavior" in the hospital, the real thing was that she was hoping he would dump her.

I hope she loses her career over this.
October 06, 2023
Found this other happening as the story ended up on cf reddit:

"One of my old colleagues has a daughter (25) with a severe mental disability, and she lives in a care home. She had fibroids in her uterus, but instead of a surgical removal, the doctor gave her some medication that would make the fibroids shrink.

A few weeks later, she was brought to the ED because she had a pulmonary embolism due to it being one of the possible side effects of the medication. The reason why the doctors were opposed to a surgical removal was... you guessed it, the " what if she wants kids someday?"

Her father (my old colleague) was absolutely shocked and in utter disbelief. I was fucking furious when he told me. A severe mentally disabled young woman who couldn't take care of herself was denied proper care because they saw her as a potential incubator instead of a patient"

Well I guess they were worried she may want the rape baby after some illegal working in the home rapes her at 2am.
October 09, 2023
I have to question who is severely mentally disabled in this instance, because it sounds like the doctor who wouldn't give her the needed surgery is the one with the mental disability.
October 12, 2023
Many men see women as not fully human.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
October 13, 2023
Let's say this disabled woman did wind up pregnant, either from another resident in her care home or a staff member. Would they even allow someone who is severely disabled to keep a child?? Would a newborn be allowed in a care home in the first place?

It would be insanely irresponsible to allow someone to care for an infant that can't even take care of themselves. Not to mention the fact that the poor woman would go through all the bodly changes brought on by pregnancy and then go into labor and probably wouldn't understand any of it. Like how do you explain to someone who is severely mentally unwell that they are giving birth? Women who are completely sane can't tolerate it. It would be inhumane to force someone to go through that who doesn't understand why it's happening.

I've never had fibroids, but I imagine they are painful. I don't know if surgery would have been the easier option given the choice between medication and surgery - probably better long-term, but more invasive short-term. I have no clue. But yeah a fucking blood clot in the lung is a pretty serious complication that could have been avoided if the asshat doctor wasn't daydreaming about this mentally challenged woman being pregnant.

It's bad enough we don't even have universal health care in the US, but then you get shit like this where women are denied treatments for various ailments simply because it could potentially affect their ability to get pregnant. But oh you still have to pay for the appointment where the worthless asshole in the white coat did exactly fuck all for you.
October 15, 2023
There's another aspect to this. Due to the opioid crisis the pendulum on pain management is swinging back - and probably to far. It used to be "Pain is the fifth vital sign." Now it's very much not. The term Nopoids is now out there:

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/995188?ecd=mkm_ret_231014_mscpmrk_pcp_pain_etid5952326&uac=266944MV&impID=5952326

Moving Beyond Pain as the Fifth Vital Sign and Patient Satisfaction Scores to Improve Pain Care in the 21st Century

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5878703/

ZDoggMD How Groupthink Destroyed Millions: The Opioid Letter

https://zdoggmd.com/incident-report-058/

In addition newer studies are showing narcotics are not the best choice for headaches and back pain:

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1142459-overview

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/22/health/low-back-pain-medications-wellness/index.html

What the Jezebel article doesn't mention is the patient's PMP (prescription monitoring program) report that the physician must check before prescribing pain medications. I'd like to see that report. If she has seen several different physicians in a very short period of time looking for pain meds the flags go up.

While the doctor may have used this as an excuse not to give narcs, it sounds like a lot of the BS stories I've heard from people trying to score meds.

I think this parody song says it better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-W4DvP0qQg

craftyzits

Pretty much. We are just sex toys, maids and incubators to a lot of them.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
October 21, 2023
peace-n-quiet
craftyzits

Pretty much. We are just sex toys, maids and incubators to a lot of them.

Yep!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login