Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vaccination exemptions are the highest they've ever been

Posted by Cambion 
Vaccination exemptions are the highest they've ever been
November 10, 2023
Nationally, three percent of kids are not vaccinated against the typical childhood bugs before going to school. Per state, I think the percentage of unvaxed brats is anywhere between one and twelve percent. Populations need at least 95 percent immunity to be protected. This doesn't take into account the little clusters of anti-vax comomunities scattered around the country where viral bugs will run rampant.

Can we just do away with the fucking exemptions? I mean unless there is a real, genuine reason a child cannot be vaccinated, people shouldn't be allowed to abuse the exemptions for bullshit reasons like religion or "because my babby is speshul" or personal preference. And if vaccinations are not had by a certain age, CPS gets involved and has them administered regardless of the parents' wishes. It's real easy for the parents to be non-vax because they probably all got the shots as kids and won't get sick. But they'd rather their child break a rib from whooping cough than be uncomfortable from a shot for a little bit.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/cdc-reports-highest-childhood-vaccine-exemption-rate-ever-rcna124363

The number of kids whose caregivers are opting them out of routine childhood vaccines has reached an all-time high, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported Thursday, potentially leaving hundreds of thousands of children unprotected against preventable diseases like measles and whooping cough.

The report did not dive into the reasons for the increase, but experts said the findings clearly reflect Americans' growing unease about medicine in general.

"There is a rising distrust in the health care system," said Dr. Amna Husain, a pediatrician in private practice in North Carolina, as well as a spokesperson for the American Academy of Pediatrics. Vaccine exemptions "have unfortunately trended upward with it."

The CDC report found that 3% of children entering kindergarten during the 2022-2023 school year were granted a vaccine exemption from their state. This is the highest exemption rate ever reported in the U.S.

Forty states saw rises in exemptions. In 10 states — Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, Idaho, Michigan, Nevada, North Dakota, Oregon, Utah and Wisconsin — the exemption rate soared over 5%.

"This is quite a jump," said Ranee Seither, a CDC epidemiologist and author of the new report. Just three years ago, Seither said, only two states had an exemption rate of more than 5%.

Idaho was a standout in the new report. More than 12% of children entering kindergarten in that state had a vaccine exemption in 2022.

The trend appears to coincide with doubts about Covid vaccines.

"So many people were reluctant to get that new vaccine," said Dr. Mysheika Roberts, health commissioner for Columbus Public Health. She feared that it would "have a trickle-down effect and impact vaccination coverage for our children."

The report also found that vaccination rates among young kids have remained stagnant following a pandemic-related dip in coverage.

As of the 2022-2023 school year, vaccination coverage among kindergartners remained at 93%. Before the pandemic, the rate had consistently hovered around 95%.

Generally, populations need 95% immunity to protect against viral outbreaks.
Re: Vaccination exemptions are the highest they've ever been
November 10, 2023
I feel that people who believe they deserve an exception from vaccines without a serious issue like an allergy should opt out of all medical treatment. Funny how they aren't equally suspicious of antibiotics, and demand them for every little cold (despite them having no impact on a virus) and are happy to choke down de-worming medicine.
November 11, 2023
Aren't vaccinations mandatory for pets? I know at least one vet in my area will not see a pet for any non-emergency reason unless they are up to date on their vaccinations. Why can't they be mandatory for kids too? Junior doesn't get antibiotics for his ear infection until he gets his TDAP and MMR shots.

Of course that would likely just mean parents would refuse to take their kids to the doctor or would take them to the ER for every little hiccup (which some already do that anyway). Because as we all know, anti-vaxers are not above neglecting or endangering their brats in order to adhere to an agenda.

yurble
Funny how they aren't equally suspicious of antibiotics, and demand them for every little cold (despite them having no impact on a virus) and are happy to choke down de-worming medicine.

That's another concern that's becoming a quickly rising issue: antibiotic resistance that I'm sure is largely fueled by dumb fuck breeders who demand a Z-pack for their brat's viral bug and the equally dumb fuck doctors who prescribe them like candy to prevent breeder meltdowns.
November 11, 2023
CPS should be called in for any NONMEDICAL EXEMPTION demanded by dumbfuck parents.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
November 11, 2023
This idiocy is also extending to pets, no surprise there. I have a few acquaintances on Fb that I keep around for hate-reading purposes. One of them refuses to give her dog heartworm medication and is using herbs instead. Same for flea and tick prevention. Heartworms are really bad in my state and they are evading regular medicines. I'm waiting for her dog to come down with it.

I want to hurt these people.
November 12, 2023
I was reading a while back about ant-vaxxers with dogs. These people won't allow their dog to get the rabies shot, so that will kill the dog and anyone the dog bites. I hope that idea doesn't spread
November 12, 2023
yurble
I feel that people who believe they deserve an exception from vaccines without a serious issue like an allergy should opt out of all medical treatment.

It shouldn't be an option. If they are physically fit enough to get vaccinated but choose not to because they don't "trust" medicine and don't care enough about the rest of the world to help with herd immunity, then they should be forced to put their money where their mouth is. Don't trust western medicine? Then no medical care for you at all.

Wonder how soon they'd change their tune.
November 12, 2023
I don't get this fear of vax at all. I've been vaxxed up the ying-yang and my brain is pretty sharp and I don't have autism nor have I turned into a gremlin. I agree with yurble about the antibiotics. The over and improper use of these are already starting to cause serious problems. Some people chuff them down for every sniffle and the second they feel better, they discontinue use. It will render that stuff useless in a few years but yet, some people seem A-Okay with that.

One lady came into our hospital to my admitting desk and became verbally abusive to me, screaming some jibberish because she used to be employed where I was but she refused the vax and was fired. She had come in to visit someone in the hospital but under Covid restrictions at the time I wasn't supposed to let her stay in there, since she had also refused to wear a mask. She was yelling at me pretty hard about how she should be there and not me, but I pressed the security alarm and they came and ejected her.

Not before I told her that I didn't write the rules I only follow them, and that if she works in a hospital she should at least be smart enough to understand why masks and vaccines are necessary at this point.

Health care workers or anyone who works in a medical setting should not be there if they're too stupid to understand the reason for being vaxxed. I don't feel sorry for anyone who was fired because they refused it. It's a great way to weed out the idiots IMO.
November 12, 2023
The only vaccine that gave me side effects was the two shingles ahots. My arm had substantial swelling. Tylenol got rid of most of the pain. Even so, I put up and shut up cuz shingles is NASTY!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login