Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Miracle" loaf has no eyes, half a brain and multiple other health problems

Posted by Cambion 
"Miracle" loaf has no eyes, half a brain and multiple other health problems
December 29, 2023
Doctors encouraged Moo to pull the plug, but she just coooooooouldn't. Nope, she'd much rather force her child to be alive and claims the child is "thriving" in spite of being totally blind and the right side of her body being paralyzed from doctors severing half of her brain to stop her seizures.

The child also has a condition where the sinuses are blocked by bone and/or tissue, and another genetic metabolic condition where she cannot metabolize galactose. Apparently children with this condition can develop speech defects, hypogondaism (lack of estrogen in females and lack of testosterone in males) and neurological deficits (when she already is functioning at 50% brain capacity), even with proper therapy. Because you know someone is going to boo-hoo over this child's inability to breed and spread her clearly superior genes.

Moo also plans to mainstream the child when she's old enough. Because a half-paralyzed, fully blind child that will most likely have neurological delays is going to do SO well in a regular classroom. Dog help the teachers who get stuck with this little "miracle" and the Moo insisting she can do anything her normal peers can.

Complete with trashy name "Harlym." Must be Moo has never been to Manhattan.

https://nypost.com/2023/12/27/lifestyle/baby-born-without-eyes-who-had-half-her-brain-removed-doing-well/

A “miracle” baby who was born without eyes and had half her brain removed is stunning doctors by hitting all her milestones.

5-month-old Harlym Carter has anophthalmia — a rare disorder where a baby is born without one or both eyes.

“Doctors are extremely surprised at how she’s doing,” mom Allyanna Carter, 19, told SWNS.

“I was told she’d never be able to walk or talk — but she’s nearly crawling, even though she can’t use the right side of her body. She’s the best baby ever — and so talkative!” Carter gushed.

The Salisbury, North Carolina, mom found out she was pregnant in November 2022 and suffered no complications.

Harlym looked “perfectly healthy” at her routine 20-week scan, Carter noted. It wasn’t until Carter gave birth on July 22 that she learned something was amiss.

Doctors immediately whisked Harlym away to clean her — and pulled Carter’s mom, Kacie, 40, to the side.

They told her there was a possibility Harlym had been born without eyes — they were trying to discern whether her face was just really swollen. Kacie was told Harlym would go for a CT scan the following day — and she was left to break the life-changing news to her daughter.

“I wasn’t paying attention to what the doctors were telling my mom,” Carter recalled. “I was just holding Harlym, having quality time with my baby.”

Then, at 1 day old, Harlym had a seizure. The CT confirmed she’d been born without eyes.

“I was absolutely heartbroken. I was thinking about how she’d never be looked at as regular,” Carter lamented.

“It was very hard for me — but when she was transferred back to the NICU, I was told she had a lot of other conditions, and I thought, ‘I’m going to love her anyway,'” she added. Harlym has been diagnosed with galactosemia — the inability to convert milk sugars into glucose — and has to be fed through a tube, SWNS reports. She also has choanal atresia, where the nasal passages are blocked by bone or tissue.

“At first I automatically assumed her conditions had something to do with me — any mom is going to blame herself,” Carter said. “But doctors told me there wasn’t a clear reason why she was born with so many conditions — it’s just genetics.”

Doctors also discovered the left side of Harlym’s brain was underdeveloped after she had several seizures. She underwent a hemispherectomy in August to disconnect the left side of her brain from her right. The surgery left her with permanent weakness in the right side of her body.

“Doctors were constantly telling me to think about Harlym’s quality of life — but I didn’t just want to pull the plug,” Carter recounted. “They said she wouldn’t be able to talk or walk, use the right side of her body — and she’d have global delay.”

But things are going better than expected for Harlym. Carter says she’s almost crawling and she’s able to sit upright, hold her head up, babble, and drink from a bottle.

“She copies everything I do — like blowing bubbles with my tongue, or whistling. It’s all a good sign — doctors didn’t think she’d have any type of brain activity,” Carter beamed.

“Above all, she’s so happy,” she enthused. “She loves everybody, she laughs at everything — and she loves being held.”

Moving forward, Carter aims to enroll Harlym in a mainstream school when she’s old enough. She’s also trying hard not to stress about the experiences Harlym is missing.

“We went to go and see Christmas lights the other day, but she doesn’t get to see them and enjoy them,” Carter said. “I just kept thinking about all the things she’s going to miss out on. (She's gonna miss out on a lot more than Christmas lights because your selfish ass had to force her into existence.)

“Doctors were constantly telling me to think about Harlym’s quality of life — but I didn’t just want to pull the plug,”

Considering most doctors err on the side of "do no harm," and they are telling Moo to pull the plug? Sounds pretty serious.

Let's tick off all the known hardships this kid will have, shall we? First of all she was born without eyes and with two disconnected brain hemispheres. So the kid is going to be blind. Will likely never walk. Will likely still have seizures and will be on drugs just to live. And does the article actually read the kid has no sinuses?

She has to be fed from a tube although Moo says she can drink from a bottle. (I guess that means she can sip but cannot use a bottle enough to satisfy her nutrition needs.) How does drinking from a bottle work when she has no sinuses? It seems breathing would be impossible so I guess that is why she will need to be tube fed for the rest of her life, so she doesn't suffocate. Moo is saying she's about to crawl, but that seems pretty sus at this point.

Moo is 19. She seems enamored about her MirakulTM baybee. The infant may be alive but let's check back when the kid is four or six, presuming she even lives that long. Moo may be happy that she has a small little doll to play with now, but what happens when she has a blind toddler that needs 24/7 care?

And she is already planning for the kid to go to school? How is that going to happen if the kid's brain hemispheres won't even communicate with each other? And she cannot see, breathe, or eat normally?

Given the amount of drugs and medical intervention this kid will require, I'd say not living at all is a more merciful choice. And these drugs and interventions will keep the kid alive but that's about it.

It does not seem very compassionate to me.

If this is due to genetic reasons, let's hope the Moo won't reproduce again, but they always do. She will want to have a 'normie' as backup caretaker to this little Mirakul and that is damn sad.
I don't think the 19 year old moo's brain hemispheres are connected.
This story is intentionally being publicized as an imagined "gotcha" to women who are currently suing to secure the right to an abortion of a severely damaged fetus in "pro-lifer" states.
cfdavep
I don't think the 19 year old moo's brain hemispheres are connected.

You're putting the cart before the horse. This cunt has no brain with hemispheres to meet in!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!

This story is intentionally being publicized as an imagined "gotcha" to women who are currently suing to secure the right to an abortion of a severely damaged fetus in "pro-lifer" states.

Agreed. The 19 year old Moo is basking in the light of being a Dutiful Moo and not aborting this child, and she might even be getting money and support to tell her story. Funny how nobody wants to deal with these cases when the kid isn't a cyoooote little baybee anymore.

A dementia riddled Downs adult is on his/her own. And these Moos with these hulking autards get their heads bashed in by some of them. Nobody wants to deal with that or pay for that. They get dumped in state funded institutions.
Indeed. And Moo HAS to be on Medicaid.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
I don't understand this philosophy of keeping people alive at any cost, especially quality of life. If this child were a dog, people would be thinking she should be put to sleep because she would have no chance at a quality life. It would be considered the compassionate choice. A kid, however, force a shitty life upon them no matter how badly they suffer!

I actually feel really bad for this kid because life is tough enough if you have all the things she's missing. I can't imagine how shitty it would be if I was blind, no sinuses and disconnected brain hemispheres. It's really sad.
that woman from texas in the news who went out of state to terminate the trisomy whatever number it is..

all the asshole mooturds with trisomy ??? are coming out of the woodwork bleating and simping about their widdle 'mirakuuls'. the one pic was of an obviously defective baby with oxygen. the head is misshapen. if they had to care for the defecto on all their own dime they would be singing a different tune. as such, maybe this is another reason premiums are so high. paying for ivf for brain dead infertile myrtles and the moos of defectives. pouring money down rat holes

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Oh fuck, I didn't even realize the Moo of this trainwreck was only 19. I'm sure if she's not on the dole, she's still on Mommy and Daddy's insurance for a few years because there's no way a teen girl could afford the extensive care such a fucked-up child would require.

If the kid has no sinuses or obstructed sinuses, I wonder if that affects her ability to eat/drink. I had some severe congestion going on earlier this year and my nose was so blocked up that my ears would pop when I swallowed because I think swallowing creates a vacuum effect in the sinuses. So I imagine in order for someone to suck on a bottle successfully, they have to be able to have functioning nasal passages. I wonder if that's why the kid has a feeding tube.

What if the kid winds up being mostly or fully sentient in spite of her brain surgery, and as she gets older, realizes the extent of her condition? That she will never see, breathe normally or eat normally? That she will only be able to use half her body and will have to rely on others for the rest of her life just to survive? Being a tard might be a blessing if she has to stay alive just so she doesn't realize how wrong nature did her and what a cunt her Moo was for forcing her to stay alive.

If the Moo does get knocked up again, I'm sure she will make sure to hide the deformed brat from any potential mates. Being a single Moo reduces your dating options severely as it is, so what guy would stick around to take care of a handicapped kid that's not even his?

Moo should have aborted in the first place. What 19-year-old has the resources to raise a kid? You know her parents are supporting her and are now almost certainly supporting this child. If they aren't, the famblee is likely on the dole like you guys have already mentioned. Yeah it's real easy to afford a crippled brat's care when you're not the one paying for it. Give it time, Moo will eventually get tired of her excessively needy child and will neglect the kid to death. When the kid is no longer a cute chubby baby and turns into an asshole toddler, Moo will start wondering WTF she was thinking keeping the kid alive.
bell_flower

Agreed. The 19 year old Moo is basking in the light of being a Dutiful Moo and not aborting this child, and she might even be getting money and support to tell her story. Funny how nobody wants to deal with these cases when the kid isn't a cyoooote little baybee anymore.

A dementia riddled Downs adult is on his/her own. And these Moos with these hulking autards get their heads bashed in by some of them. Nobody wants to deal with that or pay for that. They get dumped in state funded institutions.

Of course, as always, no one cares about the suffering of the baby who is severely compromised and will endure a life of suffering. It is all about the publicity. It is sick and deranged.
if parents of these deadglow teen government whore moos gave them no support whatsoever, money, baby sitting.. a lot of it would stop because word gets round. whatever is subsidized, multiplies.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
No shit, Lulu Brown!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login