Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moo insults CF friend, realizes too late what it's literally going to cost

Posted by kittehpeoples 
I know with reddit you can never tell if something's true or just karma farming, but I really hope this one is because it's hilarious:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/comments/1bd9myv/aita_for_telling_my_friend_to_stop_wasting_money/

AITA for telling my friend to stop wasting money trying to relive her childhood?

My (f30) friend, Hannah (f34) works from home and has been doing so since she graduated with her masters. She’s a freelance translstor and earns decent money. If it matters, she also doesn’t have kids (doesn’t want them) which means she doesn’t have serious spending.

Now, with that being said, she takes like 5 ballet classes a week. She wasn’t able to do so as a child because her family couldn’t afford it so she picked it up as an adult and she loves it. She also takes two language courses, she fights swords (she does some weird ass competitions), has shit like crossbows and bows on her walls (apparently she shoots them but I doubt it) and she swims as well and she’s got crap like drums in her house as well. Obviously, because of dance, she’s fit AF which, I’ll admit makes me a bit salty but this is not about that.

Since she works from home and has no kids, she has a bunch of time to do what she wants and money to spend. I don’t. I’m married with 4 kids, my husband lost his job 4 years ago and has been unable to find work since then so we’re struggling. We’ve got enough for food and necessities from my work but not extras. My 10 year old daughter, Isla, would absolutely love to do ballet but it’s very expensive and we can’t afford it let alone if she was to start pointe shoes. No way.

I met Hannah when I was doing a school run and Isla was with me. Hannah was on her way to her ballet class. I could see my daughter’s face and got really angry. Hannah didn’t even have enough decency to keep quiet about ballet in front of my child and she knew Isla loves ballet.

Honestly, I got angry, I told Hannah to stop wasting money trying to relive her childhood. She’s too old for that and it’s time she faced the music. She looked at me weirdly and asked me to repeat myself which I did. I also added it was time to grow up and face some responsibilities like others adults her age and that her boyfriend will leave once he changes his mind (they always do) and he’d start wanting kids.

Hannah called me an asshole (well not quite, she called me a pathetic cunt). and she left me standing in the street.

I believe she owes me an apology but my husband said I should’ve kept my mouth shut. I can think what I want but if Hannah doesn’t speak to me, she may not lend as money anymore and we sometimes need it. He thinks I should apologise. I said no unless it was my fault and since my husband reads here a lot he mentioned I should ask here if I was the asshole. So am I the asshole for telling what I thought?
Moo is the a-hole and is considering an apology in case they need to ask her for $$$ in the future. Jaybus
Moo bit the hand that was sometimes feeding her. The next time she asks for a free $$$ handout a loan, I hope Hannah tells her to shove it.

I went to the reddit page, and the post was removed by the AITA mods, with this little gem:

AITA Mod
Do not repost this without contacting the mods for approval, including edited versions. Reposting without explicit approval will result in a ban.

Too late for that, we reposted it here hysterical laughter
What music is she supposed to face? I mean, if you have an oops, ppl face the music. If you want to have kids, you face the music. But are ppl supposed to purposely burden themselves for the frickin' hell of it?
What's wrong with doing things in adulthood that you couldn't do in childhood? And why does Moo assume her former friend doesn't have responsibilities? Just because she takes classes and because she's CF? You can be a responsible adult AND do stuff for fun, you know.

Moo's jealous as fuck. She's burdened with four brats and an unemployed husband, the friend is childfree with an education, disposable time and income and she's multi-lingual. Moo is probably a frumpy sack of shit like most Moos and the friend is super fit from the classes she takes.

And Moo's got some balls telling off a friend who GIVES HER MONEY. Good job, asshat! I guarantee that friend will no longer be forking over her money to subsidize Moo's lifestyle. Why is this woman too old to take classes? What business is it of Moo's what her friend does and doesn't do with her money? Also since when are swordfighting, ballet and language classes exclusive to children? I'm pretty sure being under 18 isn't a requirement for any of those things. I'm 38 and if Discovery Zone were still open, I would abso-fucking-lutely go there now! You think I give a single fuck how old I am, or that I think I'm "too old" for certain things?

I hope the friend takes the money she's been giving this sour cunt and spends it on another class with which to enrich her life, and lets Moo smolder in the knowledge that her fat mouth lost her and her family a source of money when it sounds like they desperately need it. If Moo apologizes, I guarantee it will only be because she wants the friend's money and I guarantee it will be a backhanded apology like, "I'm sorry you got upset about what I said."
Wow, I can smell the envy from aasaaaall the way over here. Mom is mad Hannah has enough disposable income.

Mom is trying to hide her envy and resentment by telling herself that Hannah's the immature one. Sounds to me like Hannah is taking classes that interest her. No age limit on that, bitch-mom.

Plus bitch-mom is dumb enough to bite the hand that's fed her. 10/10, fine specimen of motherhood, I have no notes.

I bet Redditors ripped her to bits

AITA for telling my friend to stop wasting money trying to relive her childhood?

Now, with that being said, she takes like 5 ballet classes a week. She wasn’t able to do so as a child because her family couldn’t afford it so she picked it up as an adult and she loves it. She also takes two language courses, she fights swords (she does some weird ass competitions), has shit like crossbows and bows on her walls (apparently she shoots them but I doubt it) and she swims as well and she’s got crap like drums in her house as well. Obviously, because of dance, she’s fit AF which, I’ll admit makes me a bit salty but this is not about that.
.........So am I the asshole for telling what I thought?

Hannah is the poster child for the childfree.Go Hannah! Hobbies may have come later for her (past childhood), but she is able to live out her dreams.

Moo has a serious case of displaced anger. If the life of a parent isn't going well then the parent needs to do something about which doesn't include directing their anger at a childfree friend. This displaced anger is why so many childfree need a place to vent once they are 25 years old (or younger) because a parent friend has become angry with a childfree friend for the parent friend's life choices. Or a parent is deliberately being passive-aggressive towards a childfree friend because of their life choices. The nastiest ones (parent friends) tend to be the ones the childfree friend is doing the most for, not sure why it works out that way.

If this moo is going to be angry with anyone it needs to be her husband, who has been unemployed for four years now. Or upset with herself for not working and scraping by with four kids. Who is paying their bills for the last four year anyways? Hannah was helping out but not anymore.
Cambion
Moo notices how it's "okay" for a child to physically abuse you, but not a spouse. But this shit happens because she allows it. If she beat the brat's ass when it pulled this shit, the frequency of occurrences would decrease. Why do they sit there and take it? Abuse is abuse, whether it's done by an adult or a child.

Are they that tiiiiiiired that they're willing to just let their kids beat on them? If the kid is too young to be spanked, a smack on the hand is fine. Just something to show them their bad behavior has consequences. I know it's haaaaaaaaard to get off their asses and parent their own damn kids, but surely it's worth it to not be physically assaulted on a daily basis by a brat with no emotional regulation?

Then when the kid starts hitting and biting more often when it goes to daycare or school, Moo will wonder why. Yeah I wonder where she learned THAT from? Couldn't be from her worthless Moo enabling her behavior! And I sure as fuck wouldn't be reading that little asshole a story after she threw shit at me and assaulted me. All I'd be doing with a book is using it as a paddle.

The only thing I can think of it to take a BDSM class on how to hit without leaving marks if you want to parunt. Then, if the kid hits you while still a toadler you BDSM the little bitch and break him/her of the habit before they are capable of good enunciation so that are unable to blab to others. I 100% think hitting is appropriate if a kid starts beating on you and 100% think anyone has a right to defend him/herself.

And that is reason 1001 that I am not a parunt because that is exactly what I would do, and I guarantee it would be controversial.
I wound up moving that thing about the violent brat to the BreakingMoo thread because I meant to post it there. I think because I had like five Bratfree tabs open, I just mixed up which one was which. Whoops!

Pinching is a good way to discourage bad behavior too. An adult can pinch much harder than a kid, so every time the brat starts throwing stuff or throwing hands, give the little asshole a good hard pinch on the arm or leg. Repeat as necessary and if the brat isn't totally brain dead, it will learn to associate bad behavior with pain.

I've heard plenty of ineffective/gentle parents claim that you can't stop a child from hitting by hitting them. I disagree with this statement. Hitting a brat back shows them that hitting isn't nice to experience. It's like the people who say to "use your words" when dealing with a bully. The only language bullies understand is violence, so when they hit you, you hit them back harder and they will learn to back off. I would consider a brat that hits me to be a bully and would respond in kind with violence. Not like beating them within an inch of their lives, but spanking or pinching. They'll learn fast when they see their shit behavior has consequences.

Anyway, back to the regularly scheduled topic. smiling smiley
freya
If this moo is going to be angry with anyone it needs to be her husband, who has been unemployed for four years now.

Yes! If the dude is able-bodied, he needs to immediately find a job of some kind to contribute monetarily to the family. Work a different shift than the wife to save on childcare, or to share a vehicle. Take anything that pays. Work through a temp service to build up a work history. You have bills, and need the money. You have created four children and their needs should supercede your desire to hold out for your dream job.

freya
Who is paying their bills for the last four year anyways?

I wondered the same thing. Also curious how much Hannah has already given these grifters, although we can probably all agree that revenue stream has dried up.
Per usual, breeder doesn't think about consequences.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
'Too late, we already did'... yeah...hahahahahahhhaaaaaaaa

mootard was dumb enough to hump and dump 4 times. sperm donor out of work 4 years? either severely depressed, stupid, lazy, combination. or unwilling to do what it takes. either of them.

and if mootard and duhtard had only 1 kid it might not have been as expensive. boohoomoohoo.

they are so friggin insanely jealous, covetous, grasping, greedy.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
just wonder why the post was removed. I guess people were using OP as a target for throwing cow patties. and apparently the cf loaned (gave) as I doubt mootard will be able to ever pay it back. even hubby told her she should have kept her piehole shut

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login