Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Telling people at work you are CF

Posted by cfdavep 
Telling people at work you are CF
March 23, 2024
https://old.reddit.com/r/childfree/comments/1bleo40/coworker_mightve_gotten_me_fired_for_not_wanting/

Someone did this during an internship and the insecure wanna breed had a real problem with it and started to argue.
The OP told them off, telling them they were being unprofessional and then later got a call to speak with a higher up as the op was reported.

It is insane to start an argument at work, have it not go your way and then run to a boss. These people would be in their 20's so GenZ. Maybe it is GenZ and the entitlement they were raised with that causes the inabilty to face the fact that not everyone is them.

It seems to be a thing with younger cf people to disclose this at work and then they are dealing with some serious crap while stuck in the job.
One person in the comments said "Well, some people can't handle gays and some can't handle CF people and it is best to keep your private life private. Another disagreed and said being honest if you are different leads to someone being considered "not a team player."
Re: Telling people at work you are CF
March 25, 2024
Sometimes it takes losing a few jobs or alienating co-workers in order to get someone to shut their yap about being childfree.
Just be a gray rock at work because you never know who may be a narcissist ass that thinks everyone must mirror him/her in every way. Best to not admit being childfree, age, political party, religion, etc. at work. Someone is sure to be offended by at least one of these things.
March 26, 2024
I personally never tell anyone I'm childfree because I don't feel like defending my position, fending off bingoes or being grilled about what's "wrong" with me. Because some people get weirdly, strongly offended by my choice that will never ever affect them in any way and I am not good with confrontations. It's on a need to know basis, and most people do not need to know.
March 29, 2024
It’s never good to tell anyone at your work ANYTHING about your life, let alone something as incendiary as being childfree by choice. Breeders can be especially unhinged.“Having kids wasn’t in the cards for us, and we have made peace with that” sounds sad enough that people tend to drop it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
March 29, 2024
"Sometimes it takes losing a few jobs or alienating co-workers in order to get someone to shut their yap about being childfree.
Just be a gray rock at work because you never know who may be a narcissist ass that thinks everyone must mirror him/her in every way. Best to not admit being childfree, age, political party, religion, etc. at work. Someone is sure to be offended by at least one of these things."

"It’s never good to tell anyone at your work ANYTHING about your life, let alone something as incendiary as being childfree by choice. Breeders can be especially unhinged.“Having kids wasn’t in the cards for us, and we have made peace with that” sounds sad enough that people tend to drop it."

I agree with all of this. People at work generally thought I was infertile. I would also mention I had a hysterectomy shortly after marriage, which is technically true and it tended to shut down the discussion.

Ironically flying under the radar also lets you know how truly jealous and cunt-y some Breeder women can be. I worked for a woman once who was a stereotypical Breeder, and she made a really cutting remark about a woman of equal rank who was childfree by choice.

Breederilla was jealous of the younger CF woman, who was much liked and promoted before her. She said something stupid like the CF woman wasn't going to be a good manager because she was cold and didn't have brats. Eyeroll. The CF woman was a much better manager than two-faced Breederilla.

It shouldn't matter but some people (particularly women) do get offended. I'm not going to give them anything on me.
March 29, 2024
Yet the female breeders at work will "brag" about how they live "paycheck to paycheck", how big their SUV payments are, how they go without dental care because the kids need the money more (and have the bad breath to prove that) and how dare I not be married

Male breeders complain about paying child support and brag about how many kids they have and "that's why I work, it's for the kids".

Why is it OK to them to talk about these things at work a lot of the time?

Meanwhile, once when I was naive someone asked me how much was in my bank account and I told them $1400. I had people give me the silent treatment and not have anything to do with me. Meanwhile, is that really that much money to be so jealous of?

I know, should not have told but hard to know what breeders want to hear.
April 01, 2024
My experience at work was that people complained about not having enough money all the time, and were jealous if you were better off financially than they were. That seemed to be the common thread between jobs I held in various industries (public education, aerospace, manufacturing.)
April 02, 2024
Tiquer
My experience at work was that people complained about not having enough money all the time, and were jealous if you were better off financially than they were. That seemed to be the common thread between jobs I held in various industries (public education, aerospace, manufacturing.)

Very true. Plus, where I work, all the single moos (and there are so many) talk about being a single mother as if it's some badge of honor. No, it means you bred with a loser(s), you couldn't keep the a relationship together or you fell for forced-birth brainwashing.

Things like this are why I don't dress up for work. I have 9 pairs of the same cheap pants and I rotate through them, wash them, rinse and repeat. I wear Target tee shirts and wool/ cashmere sweaters over them and nobody pays me any mind because they don't wear cashmere themselves and have no idea what it looks like. I drive a practical car, don't flaunt jewelry or clothes or money or expensive Iphones or electronics. My handbag is an old model, just for work. I don't tell them about my trips to Paris, Barcelona or Budapest. Most of them don't even know I'm childfree.

When they talk about their kids, I smile and nod and say nothing, or reply with generic statements that they can relate and respond to.
April 03, 2024
I'm pretty lucky in that I have a couple of childfree work besties and we can swap complaints about the discrimination we face. I don't make it a secret that I'm childfree, but I also don't generally voice my opinions around people who are not of a similar mindset because that just isn't at all a useful thing to do with people from work - not worth the hassle.
April 04, 2024
I don't really talk about it one way or the other unless someone asks if I have kids. I tell them no and leave it at that. Luckily I have't run into too many issues with co workers about it, since the ones I've talked to have either commended me for my choice or just not brought it up again. I'm also lucky that there are a few CF ladies where I work so it's a very inclusive situation.

Most of us are around the same age although there are some younger ones coming in. I've been away for a couple of months but I'm missing my little group of hens. Nobody has ever made me feel "less than" because I don't have kids. Thank goodness for that because if they did, they'd get an earful from me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login