Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mom Restricts Food and Water to Child for Years

Posted by clematis 
Mom Restricts Food and Water to Child for Years
October 13, 2008
Hope they lock these parents up and toss the key. Or melt it. The mom was HOME all day while she was torturing this girl. That right there tells me she's just psychotic. Sociopath. Lock her up for the rest of her natural life. The dad too.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/17702779/detail.html?treets=sea&tml=sea_break&ts=T&tmi=sea_break_1_10180210132008

SEATTLE -- The parents of a 14-year-old girl restricted her food and water, leaving her severely malnourished and weighing as much as a normal 7- or 8-year-old, the King County Sheriff's Office said.

The child weighed 48 pounds, was 4 feet 7 inches tall and "was extremely skinny and pale" when a deputy came to check on her last August in the family's Carnation-area home, the sheriff's office said.

Deputies said she and her 12-year-old brother were removed from the house. She was admitted to Children’s Medical Center, where she underwent treatment for severe malnutrition for two weeks.

The investigation revealed that the girl's mother restricted her water intake to about one-half of a small Dixie cup per day and that the mother monitored her showers to keep the child from drinking water, deputies said.

She told deputies she had not been to a doctor for several years, was giving mostly toast to eat and was allowed to shower once every two or three weeks.

The investigation found that the girl and her brother slept on the floor of their room. A heavy dresser was pushed in front of the bedroom door after the girl was caught sneaking out of her room to drink water from the toilet, the sheriff's office said.

The girl told investigators that her mother duct-taped her hands behind her back and put her head in the toilet to discipline her.

Deputies arrested the child's mother, age 44, and father, age 43, Friday night. They are being held on suspicion of criminal mistreatment of their daughter.

The girl and her bother are in foster care.

Detectives found a double deadbolt on the children's room. They do not believe either child had been to school in years, the sheriff's office said.

The father is a software engineer and the mother does not work outside the home, the sheriff's office said.
Re: Mom Restricts Food and Water to Child for Years
October 13, 2008
This may sound stupid but i wonder why the mother felt compelled to do this.
October 13, 2008
Rose Red Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This may sound stupid but i wonder why the mother
> felt compelled to do this.

Coming from a severly abusive family, I can tell you it is mostly out of hate for choices the parents made. My mom abused me my whole life and only me the other kids were treated well. She said she blamed me for taking away her youth and making her life hell.
Some women develop a fixation with their kids and blame their kids for their unhapppiness. As a result the kids are abused and treated like shit.
annie35 Wrote:

> Coming from a severly abusive family, I can tell
> you it is mostly out of hate for choices the
> parents made. My mom abused me my whole life and
> only me the other kids were treated well. She said
> she blamed me for taking away her youth and making
> her life hell.
> Some women develop a fixation with their kids and
> blame their kids for their unhapppiness. As a
> result the kids are abused and treated like shit.

Sorry to hear about your sad life Annie. It's one of those typical people that blames the kid for ruining their youth.

Of course having kids takes away their life as an eternal youth and their happiness. Then why people have kids at the first place then if it ruins their life and knows very well they take away their youth. Also they come up with some 'pro-life' BS all the time.
October 13, 2008
Gigabyte Wrote:
> annie35 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > Coming from a severly abusive family, I can
> tell
> > you it is mostly out of hate for choices the
> > parents made. My mom abused me my whole life
> and
> > only me the other kids were treated well. She
> said
> > she blamed me for taking away her youth and
> making
> > her life hell.
> > Some women develop a fixation with their kids
> and
> > blame their kids for their unhapppiness. As a
> > result the kids are abused and treated like
> shit.
>
> Sorry to hear about your sad life Annie. It's one
> of those typical people that blames the kid for
> ruining their youth.
>
> Of course having kids takes away their life as an
> eternal youth and their happiness. Then why people
> have kids at the first place then if it ruins
> their life and knows very well they take away
> their youth. Also they come up with some
> 'pro-life' BS all the time.

Life wasn't as sad as it could have been. I could have chosen her path, which she encouraged, and ended up as depressed and sad as she is. Instead I chose to learn from her issues and mistakes, I took a different path, one which has been balanced and happy.

Some women have a baby and then realize it sucks, they hold it against the baby and it is sad that this happens, but it does.

One of the main reasons I am CF is I have witnessed up close how stressful it is on a family, especially a family where the mom is mentally ill and the day works all the time to get away from it.
I am thankful everyday that I chose a different path, one that celebrates who I am.
To this day my mom is still unhappy about her life choices and there is nothing to be done about it, she must make the choice to be happy.
October 13, 2008
It's clear that moomie has a mental illness or defect, but where the fuck was duddy for the past ten+ years? If he is a software engineer then presumably he isn't an idiot and he works away from the home enough hours in the week to have gotten some help for his crazy wife. These abusive moomies and passive duddys are all too common, like in the Andrea Yates case. I thought from the very beginning that MR Yates should have been prosecuted at the very least as an accessory to the murders or possibly for child neglect or something.
October 13, 2008
kidlesskim Wrote:
> It's clear that moomie has a mental illness or
> defect, but where the fuck was duddy for the past
> ten+ years? If he is a software engineer then
> presumably he isn't an idiot and he works away
> from the home enough hours in the week to have
> gotten some help for his crazy wife. These
> abusive moomies and passive duddys are all too
> common, like in the Andrea Yates case. I thought
> from the very beginning that MR Yates should have
> been prosecuted at the very least as an accessory
> to the murders or possibly for child neglect or
> something.

It seems that these people think a baby will fix the mental illness. It does for a few weeks and then the mental illness gets worse, so they have another kid. Seems that these type of people are always seeking and never living in the now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login