Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What's Everyone Doing For Halloween?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Re: What's Everyone Doing For Halloween?
October 16, 2008
The Zombie Lurch sounds really fun, Feh, I wish they had something like that here. sad smiley
October 17, 2008
Feh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There you go, give those breeder bastards a taste
> of the medicine their awful crotch fruit put the
> rest of us through every year smashing everyone
> else's pumpkins. Hmmmmmm.......

Just look at that fucking thing:

It looks like it's rotting away right next to my front door. It makes ME look like a filthy slob. And we're still 2 weeks away from Halloween - which is my favorite day of the year, BTW! I love it!

But do these breeder fuckers honestly expect me to clean up that mess?
cfhistorian
October 17, 2008
For some reason, they have this rule here that Halloween is always celebrated on a Thursday (a school night) even when the actual day isn't a school night (like this year). So, on 10/30, I'll be home alone (hubby works nights), not answering the door, with the porch light off.
October 17, 2008
Eeuw, gross moldy (red AND black mold!) punkin! They could have dipped it in bleach or something. It doesn't even have the cap with the stem--and a jack-o lantern drawn with magic marker is cheating, sorry to say.

Poor carving skills too. Didn't even finish the mouth.

No blue ribbon here I'm afraid. How nice that you get to enjoy it every day, as it subsides into a slimy malodorous pile over the next two weeks. Yay!
October 18, 2008
I don't know if those breeder bastards are lurking here, clematis - but, as of today: the nasty moldy pumpkin is GONE!!!
October 19, 2008
Medusa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Just look at that fucking thing:
>

Haha!

Like Merc said, we don't really do Halloween here in the UK. There's really no trick-or-treating, but there are lots of scary-themed club nights and decorations in pubs and stuff.

I guess when you live right on top of a place that really does have ghosts and rats, really did witness the chopping off of lots of people's heads with axes and swords through the centuries, and invented the public hang-draw-and-quarter method of execution, then Halloween is somehow not too far away every day!

Bonfire Night (5th November) over-rides Halloween. You would all love it. Big firework displays (organised and at-home, and very little is illegal here to buy over the counter), followed by a big bonfire onto which is tossed an effigy representing Guy Fawkes who was convicted of treason back in King James's time (c. 1620). Lots of lager, bitter and warm rough cider is consumed -- well, any excuse for that really. In one medieval town in southern England called Lewes, they have townspeople marching thru the winding streets carrying barrels of burning tar and all sorts of things on fire. To mark the demise of the 17 martyrs, 17 burning crosses are carried through the town too -- effigies of any hated figure might put in an appearance on the massive bonfire there. The smoke hanging over towns and villages on Bonfire night is great -- and the smell of cordite and burning wood. Marvellous.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
October 20, 2008
Oh, that sounds marvellously fun. I'd love to see that. I didn't know it was such a big holiday, having only read about it. Any holiday with giant bonfires and fireworks going off right and left is fun in my book...
I'm gonna put on my fursuit, hand out candy, and hope someone brings their dog with them. The dogs wont get candy but I will keep doggy biscuits to hand, just in case grinning smiley

I know a lot of people along this street have dogs, and here in Liverpool, people bring their dogs everywhere they go ^_^
October 20, 2008
Wow, THAT'S when I want to visit England, Bonfire Night sounds AWESOME!

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Anonymous User
October 20, 2008
we dont really have anything like that in australia anymore. we used to have bonfire night on the june long weekend until they banned fireworks and we might get a few kids doing the halloween thing. come to think of it we are pretty boring in australia.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login