Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Appropriateness?

Posted by ocelot71 
ocelot71
Appropriateness?
October 13, 2008
I think one of the things that sets me off about breeders - NOT parents - is their lack of a sense of what's appropriate.

Screaming, hungry baby in post office: appropriate. Mom didn't whip out a boob to feed said baby, and the line was long. None of us wanted to be there. One cannot reason with a hungry infant, or even necessarily quiet it, and perhaps it could not be left with anyone else.

Noisy slightly-more-than-infant in library: inappropriate. Moo was surfing the Web, and from the rock on her hand, not because she can't afford a computer and net access. Take it outside, go home, or make it quiet.

Nursing baby in public under blanket: appropriate. You are protecting me from your bodily fluids and keeping the child quiet.

Nursing sprog openly with big leaky udder in full view: inappropriate. You are exposing me to your bodily fluids, and if I won't swallow/lick someone without a blood test, I certainly don't want your milk anywhere near me.

Children yelling on playground: appropriate. It's a playground.

Sprog screaming in street: inappropriate. Ironically, if I hear enough or a certain type of scream that indicates someone may be hurting said sprog, I will come out of the house with a firearm in oder to defend it. Unless you want to explain this to Sprogly, teach him/her to be more circumspect in the howling department.

But I'm just an evil sproghater...
Re: Appropriateness?
October 13, 2008
I think you have a great point here ocelot71...it's all about the context. Some things are just "hey it's life," and some are grating.

Screaming at a carnival vs. at a non-casual retaurant.

Kid artwork on a home fridge vs. plastered all over a co-irker's cube.

Little Jimmy expressing his creativity by breaking his own toys vs. my ceramics.

That last one is a little sardonic but I think you have a good point here.
Cheese Louise
October 13, 2008
This is exactly why I don't go to places like Chuck E Cheese or kids' movies or amusement parks. I fully expect screaming, wild kids to be there, so I avoid those places like the plague.

Nice restaurants? Doctors' offices? Libraries? Hell no. Then there are "neutral" places like airplanes or grocery stores. Parunts often make no effort to control their kids there. Make 'em quit kicking my seat back, drug 'em, or fucking DRIVE. Leave the kids home with spermdud or moomie while you grocery shop. It shouldn't be a famblee adventure.
October 14, 2008
Yes, like kids in pubs = inappropriate. Actually there are new findings about this today-- apparently the famous Good Pub Guide (editions across 27 years) has received a record number of letters from pub-goers complaining about how parents try to bring their stupid sprogs into the pub and end up spoiling the day for everyone.

I'll put it on a new thread.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
October 14, 2008
That's the thing: parents don't care WHOSE time they ruin, just so long as they get what they want. And if the general populace has a problem with their kid being in the bar at 1 AM screaming, well then it's everyone else's problem.

Breeders have a very twisted sense of reality.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login