Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
April 11, 2006
No, not gonna flame you, but may say a few things that'll anger you at me...
let this be a lesson to you...
Hubby just wants his ego massaged that his dick works.
You also got a 'heads up' on how far his promises go. Which means diddly. If you had gotten pregnant, most likely he'd renege on every promise, and go screw around because 'he can't have a life because of the bayyybeee'.
Furtgher advice: I'd start setting aside for MY future as I think he'll dump you at a moments notice when he thinks he can totally screw you over.
Re: #1204
April 11, 2006
I am not going to flame you, either. I do feel sad how women are still pressured and coerced to do horrible things just to produce that baby for a man even though the "conventional" methods are bad enough!

Two Cents is right to advise you to start setting aside money for yourself. You got a wake up call how your husband went back on all of his promises during the IVF treatments. Many men are this way with the: "I will help with the baby if you have it..." "I will be an active parent..." "You will have such beautiful and savvy kids: ....blah blah blah.... I have this and more from a couple or so ex-mates who wanted to bribe and flatter me into breeding for them.

Most males only want offspring to massage their egos. I doubt many of these fathers truly love their children.
KidFreeLuvnLife
April 11, 2006
Well my friend, the Childfree Gods were certainly smiling down on you!!! I'm glad things worked out for you the way you did. The Gods did you a HUGE favor! Welcome to the world of the Childfree! Ain't it fantastic? Just think how empty your life would be had you been able to spawn.

Are you still with that baby-rabid husband?
CF Scorpio
April 11, 2006
From her post, I got the impression she was no longer with that husband. Thank good things worked out OK and you did not get pregnant. Your hubby's actions during the fertility treatments made it pretty clear that he would not have helped much with the actual raising of the child.
sprogless
April 11, 2006
Hello, and welcome. Thank you for sharing your story. My ex was baby rabid, like your husband. I understand the pressure he was putting on you. But, this is for the best. There is no way he'd ever make the necessary sacrifices for this child he wanted so badly, even after blowing 20 grand. I'd also bet that if that child had been a girl, he'd have been resentful. Most men want a boy to carry on the family name.
Feh
April 11, 2006
No flames here either. I think it's good to share stores of a "childless" past, and realize that not everyone has their life paths set out from day one. Consider yourself lucky that the IVF treatments didn't work, and relish the fact that you now have scads of free time, and possibly disposable income so you can enjoy YOUR life, instead of giving it all up for someone else.

Nour
April 11, 2006
Thank you guest for sharing your story. Who knows might be reading it and gaining insight from it. Blessings to you.
Fattie
April 11, 2006
Not going to flame you either. I also had an ex who wanted babies. THis was mainly due to his parents and other relatives pressuring him to "settle down and start a family" since his sister (who's 7 years older than he is) has 3 teenage kids (now 16, 14, and 13).
I was brainwashed at first into thinking that's all there is in life for women to do is to have babies and that careers and personal lives come second and even though I don't like children for the most part "it's different when they are your own".
Before I got my current job as a ladies' clothing retail clerk, I would get "baby rabies" that would be cured by trips to Wal-Mart, the mall, and the grocery store. Now putting up with breeders' brats while the breeders shop on an almost daily basis has made my tubes tie themselves.
Plus discovering all these CF communities has helped me realise that I'm not a "freak" for not wanting children of my own. I fonly mainstream media wasn't so breederific and would tell people that being CF is just as much of a valid choice as choosing to have chidren when you're emotionally, mentally, and finantically responsible enough to.
Anonymous User
April 11, 2006
Oh youre a lucky woman indeed...That was a lucky escape! Being childfree is a blessing - embrace it and realise how lucky you really are.
Water Lily
April 12, 2006
Guest, you are welcome here! You are very lucky! My in-laws are very babyrabid, it's pathedic. I love this site, its amazing. I'm glad I'm not a "freak" for not sprogging, as fattie mentioned above. Being childfree, enjoy your freedom!!!!!!! I saw how my sil had to "parent" her son, doesn't sound or seem like fun to me! Trips to Wal-mart do wonders for helping curb that crap. It's shitsville as far and I can see. Screaming, screaching brats is NOT on my agenda. I thought that if I let my in-laws believe that I'm going to sprog, (even though I'm not) I figure that they are only kidding themselves!!!! Sucks to be breeder babyee rabid moo-inlaws!
Anonymous User
April 14, 2006
You are so lucky it didn't take. Don't let anyone ever pressure you into something you don't want.CF forever!!!!!!
Water Lily
April 15, 2006
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.