Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Neat Overstock Commercial

Posted by MerlynHerne 
Neat Overstock Commercial
October 15, 2008
Just saw a neat Overstock.com commercial. It shows a woman listening to her hubby/SO singing a song to her. She gets an idea and orders a guitar from Overstock.com. Guitar arrives. Couple singing at the kitchen table. No loaves, no toadlers--narry a sprog in sight. Just (names of the couple here) and Sam (their dog). it certainly made a hit with me!:sw

Overstock.com:yr
Re: Neat Overstock Commercial
October 15, 2008
No shit?! Wow...hot smileyI'll have to keep my eyes peeled for that one. That certainly sounds refreshing, given all the childed moomie ads that flood the networks lately.
Cheese Louise
October 15, 2008
Very nice. Maybe there's a CF or three on that ad company's staff.
October 15, 2008
Yanno, Cheese Louise, that is very possible. It certainly is nice to see a commercial that doesn't involve a moo or sproggen. I was really happy to see that. I am going to see if there is a contact feature at the website. If so, I will write and let them know that I really liked that commercial.
October 16, 2008
I haven't seen this one yet but would welcome it, embrace it, perhaps even kiss the tv screen in it's honor.tongue sticking out smiley I get REALLY sick of everything becoming kidcentric especially when they create ways for their product or service to be when it CLEARLY is not. Calgon is a terrible offender that comes to mind as well as decent chain restaurants with bars (Applebees/TGIF's), hotel/motel chains including nicer ones like The Ritz Carlton, vacation spots which just SCREAM OUT, "no kids please" have ads geared toward kiddie events or activities. I see NO reason that at a Bed and Breakfast should be considered "kid friendly", but they now are welcomed. Vehicles, restaurants, stores, appliances, electronics, insurance, real estate, prepared food, vacation spots, jewelry, etc.........nearly ALL lean toward or somehow find a way to gear their ads to breeders and/or their broods.

It's a real turn off for me and will make me switch brands or avoid businesses if I happen to see their ads.
October 16, 2008
kidlesskim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I haven't seen this one yet but would welcome it,
> embrace it, perhaps even kiss the tv screen in
> it's honor.tongue sticking out smiley I get REALLY sick of everything
> becoming kidcentric especially when they create
> ways for their product or service to be when it
> CLEARLY is not. Calgon is a terrible offender that
> comes to mind as well as decent chain restaurants
> with bars (Applebees/TGIF's), hotel/motel chains
> including nicer ones like The Ritz Carlton,
> vacation spots which just SCREAM OUT, "no kids
> please" have ads geared toward kiddie events or
> activities. I see NO reason that at a Bed and
> Breakfast should be considered "kid friendly", but
> they now are welcomed. Vehicles, restaurants,
> stores, appliances, electronics, insurance, real
> estate, prepared food, vacation spots, jewelry,
> etc.........nearly ALL lean toward or somehow find
> a way to gear their ads to breeders and/or their
> broods.
>
> It's a real turn off for me and will make me
> switch brands or avoid businesses if I happen to
> see their ads.

Truer words never spoken.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login