Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Candidate has "single dad" plastered all over his campaign lit

Posted by Cheese Louise 
Dud is running for county commissioner. I've seen this shit from this guy over and over and OVER again during this campaign. "Asshat is a single dad and proud father of Bratella."

"Asshat has been a single parent for 12 years and knows the struggles and concerns parents face."

Fuck that shit completely. How does displaying your fucktrophy all over your flyers qualify you for the position? WHY would you want to advertise the fact that you made a lousy choice for a broodsow? (In all honesty, I don't know why he's a single dud, but if the mother had died, I'm sure he'd mention that for more sympathy.) This is breeder-pandering at its worst.

Guess who I'm NOT voting for?angry flipping off
Re: Candidate has "single dad" plastered all over his campaign lit
October 16, 2008
10 bucks says he gets the job because he "understands how hard it is".
October 16, 2008
Yes, because don't you know?

The only people whose needs, concerns, and problems matter are parents.

The rest of us can die in the streets like dogs.

If I had my way, the childfree, gay/bi/TSTVTG communities, elderly, veterans, and the disabled would get the preferential treatment. Breeders would pay through the nose for everything.
October 16, 2008
He probably figures he can win via sympathy votes - since he's a single Duhd, clearly he's a saint and he needs a good job to support his progeny. Never mind the fact that he's probably lousy at any job he has ever had, and never mind that he'd likely blow off important job engagements to go take Pwincess to tap dancing class or a playdate.

Nothing good ever comes of these sanctimonious parents being put into positions of authority, because more often than not, they're already working for another boss: Junior.
October 16, 2008
That's a load of hogwash. I get so _sick_ of hearing that nonsense. We've had this kind of discussion before:

"As a single parent, I..."
"As a single mom, I..."
"As a parent of 5 kids, I.."

This information is utterly useless. But it must sway the decision of a whole lot of breeders, because it's been used ad nauseum to promote an agenda. How does being a parent qualify you for anything more than being a person who is not a parent? Is it just to add weight to the idea that the candidate is just a Joey Bag O' Donuts who can relate to the common rabble because *gasp* HE has kids, too?! Oh wow!

It means NOTHING. All it means is you went ahead and did something that practically 99% of other people have done. It doesn't take special talent or special education....it means you had sex with someone of the opposite gender and reproduced successfully. What in the hell does being a single dad have to do with being a commissioner?
Congrat-u-fuckin-lations, what does that have to do with the issue at hand here?

Wouldn't it be great if every person used the fact that they have a kid to promote any business?
"I'm a single dad, therefore I'd be the best plumber to yank that hairball from your pipes."

My boss has two kids from her current marriage, two from a previous marriage. I'm going to suggest we put that on our sign out front.
"Come order from us! Our owner is a proud parent of four kids - two from her first marriage, and two from her current marriage! So you know WE know how to do your job RIGHT!"
October 16, 2008
where's the mother?
October 16, 2008
Jesus, what next?

"Bob for Treasurer. He's a registered bankrupt."
"Vote Samantha for VP. She's been wiping asses for seven years running."
"Vote for John. Wife-beaters make great leaders."

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
Amethyst Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jesus, what next?
>
> "Bob for Treasurer. He's a registered bankrupt."
> "Vote Samantha for VP. She's been wiping asses for
> seven years running."
> "Vote for John. Wife-beaters make great leaders."

You know, you could just replace "Samantha" with "Sarah", as in Palin.
October 16, 2008
Cambion Wrote:
> He probably figures he can win via sympathy votes
> - since he's a single Duhd, clearly he's a saint
> and he needs a good job to support his progeny.

That, plus it's a very efficient way to recruit a new moo for Pwincess.
October 16, 2008
It would be VERY funny if he were to be elected, and then ten months later there's a huge scandal because it was all a lie -- that he was in fact married to the kid's mother. He'll blame his 'campaign manager' who thought up the ploy in the first place. Stupid breeders who voted for him won't know whether to cheer or boo: "Scandal! No, wait! Wonderful victory for, uh, family or, uh... now hang on just a dang-nabbed minute..." Sounds almost like the start of a plot of a cohen brothers film...

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
Saying that you're a single parunt doesn't impress me. It just makes me think you'll half ass everything because you're sooooo busy with your kids.
October 16, 2008
If I know that someone is a single parent then my first thought, since it's usually a moo cow, is that they are a slut and probably don't know who the father is anyway. If it's a duddy and moomie isn't dead, then I see SUCKER written all over his forehead. If either moomie or duddy is a single parent (especially if there are multiple kyds) following a divorce, I have to wonder how they could be so irresponsible to bring kyds into the world before they were absolutely positive they had a lifelong committment with one another. If they are single mooed up or duddied up because the other is an unfit parent, then I REALLY question their judgement. Why would they sprog with someone who was too sorry to parent their kyd(s)?????? Being a single moo or bull is NOT a positive thing, in my mind. I would keep that one as quiet as possible because single moos trump single bulls and they might feel as if he is trying to take some of their saintedness away. CF think he is an idiot, and most all men would think poorly of him for letting the moocow off the hook and getting saddled with the kyd, or they would feel he is a threat to their being lazy daddios.

His single bullhood status is not what I would call a selling tool, at all.
October 16, 2008
kidlesskim Wrote:
> If either moomie or duddy is a single
> parent (especially if there are multiple kyds)
> following a divorce, I have to wonder how they
> could be so irresponsible to bring kyds into the
> world before they were absolutely positive they
> had a lifelong committment with one another.

You can never be absolutely, completely, 100 % certain. My Mom was with my "father" for 8 years (married for 3) before she had me, and he still turned into a piece of shit. Trust me, my Mom was an incredibly intelligent lady, and not a baby-rabid breeder.

But I guess that's the difference between her and today's crop.
October 16, 2008
bratBgone Wrote:
> Saying that you're a single parunt doesn't impress
> me. It just makes me think you'll half ass
> everything because you're sooooo busy with your
> kids.

That's the thing. Breeders today love to talk about how their kids are the most important thing in their lives, and how being a parent trumps every other responsibility they might have. And then they try to say that having sprogged will help them be better at their chosen job? Nope, it doesn't work both ways.
October 17, 2008
If a local politician here advertised that he was a single dad, I'd figure he has less of a backup support system, has to take a greater proportion of time to care for the kid than he would if 2 people were sharing the kid-raising, and thus has less time to devote to the office he is asking to be elected to. I'd be unwilling to vote for him.
"Single bullhood" bouncing and laughing
October 17, 2008
bratBgone Wrote:
> Saying that you're a single parunt doesn't impress
> me. It just makes me think you'll half ass
> everything because you're sooooo busy with your
> kids.

Exactly. If you can't manage to not ruin a marriage, why the hell should any one trust you to be competent in an elected office?

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login