Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Shows I am no longer Watching

Posted by annie35 
Shows I am no longer Watching
October 17, 2008
Why is it that the writers must always put a kid into the story?
I used to watch Dexter, but no more if he is about to have a kid.

I also tried to watch Worst Week, a new sitcom. I stopped because the man is a pussy and the woman is a bitch. They are divorced and the woman is constantly acting like he is stupid and she is brilliant. Can't stand it.
They had to ruin Sex And The City with soul suckers.

Guess I will stick to NATGEO and Discovery,
Re: Shows I am no longer Watching
October 17, 2008
Isn't Dexter a serial killer???????????
Anonymous User
Re: Show I am no longer Watching
October 17, 2008
Old program I quit watching was 'Dear John'.
Talk about an entitlement minded sob bitch on wheels his ex was.
Divorced moo, wants his kid, but wants child support for the bugger.
People think this is funny? Children need an intact family and to make a joke out of it.
October 17, 2008
Rose Red Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Isn't Dexter a serial killer???????????

Yes.
barbara
October 17, 2008
Theres a new one called "Gary Unmarried". Jay Mohr plays a divorced dad whose going back into the dating world. And of course, the ex-wife is a total shrew.
October 17, 2008
annie35 Wrote:
> Rose Red Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Isn't Dexter a serial killer???????????
>
>
>
> Yes.

Really? Dexter knocked someone up?!!
Damnit!

Don't tell me anything else.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
October 19, 2008
Mad About You was COMPLETELY ruined after baybee Grace was born and I haven't watched one new episode after the first one after the baybee came home, whereas before I was a big fan. I also was a huge NIP/TUCK fan up until Julia had that lobster boy kyd, although it's still watchable because they don't dwell just on that, Thank God. I also hated the shows that had to do with the alleged illegitimate baybee of Troy that turned out to be a black kyd and he wanted to be it's duddy anyway. I hated ALL of the episodes surrounding the sexual addict whore's pregnancy and about that kyd. Ironically, The Brady Bunch was ruined after adding the 7th kid, cousin Oliver, although that show was on it's way down the tubes long before Oliver showed up anyway.

I hate ALL of the incidental supporting cast pregnancies they allow on shows like Law and Order, Third Watch, Missing Without a Trace, etc......It's just unrealistic for homicide detectives, 45 y/o District Attorneys, and paramedics in large urban areas to prance around in high stress and often dangerous jobs when they look as if they are about to break water at any moment. I am sorry, but if some 7 month preggo who was intubating my loved one was impaired because she went into labor (or had any preggo related problem which affected her job performance) and it caused injury or death to them, I can't say how I would react. The movie "Saw" comes to mind.
deegee
October 19, 2008
KLK, I think the Law & Order show you are referring to is the original show's spinoff, SVU, and Mariska Hargitay's pregnancy. The original series has not had any pregnancies in its main (female) characters. I believe Carolyn McCormick was visibly pregnant a few years ago but her character, a shrink, could be pregnant within the show.

On the flip side, I like to watch shows which are very much anti-kyd. "Seinfeld" comes to mind right away, as there are few episodes with kyds and they are often portrayed as brats and spoken about by the main characters negatively. The CF status of its main characters is never portrayed badly, either.
October 19, 2008
deegee Wrote:
> KLK, I think the Law & Order show you are
> referring to is the original show's spinoff, SVU,
> and Mariska Hargitay's pregnancy. The original
> series has not had any pregnancies in its main
> (female) characters. I believe Carolyn McCormick
> was visibly pregnant a few years ago but her
> character, a shrink, could be pregnant within the
> show.
>
> On the flip side, I like to watch shows which are
> very much anti-kyd. "Seinfeld" comes to mind
> right away, as there are few episodes with kyds
> and they are often portrayed as brats and spoken
> about by the main characters negatively. The CF
> status of its main characters is never portrayed
> badly, either.

It was one of the criminal intent Law and Order seasons when Detective Eames( played by Kathryn Erbe )was WELL knocked up toward the end. They don't mention it too often but here she is hopping around the streets of NY, armed, and in and out of potentially dangerous situations while she was bloated up like a beached whale. At least they tried to dress her to look less pregnant, avoided belly shots, and didn't make a big deal about it, but I noticed it every episode where it was obvious and just rolled my eyes. I would NOT want a preggo as a partner with my police officer loved one, or for myself. I doubt that they even let women who are visibly knocked up to continue on in the field like that and if they do then they are placing the other officers' lives in danger as well as public safety, not to mention the potential danger to the preggo and the unborn brat. Being knocked up is simply a hinderance in some lines of work and I think that law enforcement is one of those jobs where they do NOT belong anywhere but maybe behind a desk.
October 19, 2008
Can someone tell me what this "Dexter" show is? I keep thinking it's Dexter's Laboratory, and I highly doubt that is the case.

As for me...I lost faith in the X-Files when Scully got her ass knocked up and kept the bloody resulting crotch maggot. I admired that show for many reasons, the primary one being that it broke a lot of sitcom rules...only to fall neatly into the Life Script after about ten seasons. I understand coming up with good, non-repetitive stories is very hard, but babies aren't exactly interesting or ground-breaking.

People laugh at me when I say I watch mostly cartoons and stand-up comedy. Considering the shit that passes for sitcoms now, can they really blame me?
October 19, 2008
I don't know what "Dexter" is either Cambion. I pretty much stick to reliable cop/law shows that don't push the baybee envelope very often or hard, documentaries, and reruns. I agree about x-files as well, what a DISASTER once the stupid kyd got on there with his alleged special powers and whatnot. I didn't watch with any great interest after he started doing some telekinetic shit with his baybee mobile above his crib or something equally as stupid when he was just an infant and after they alluded that he was some type of alien savior of some sort, wherever they were going with that one.

It HIGHLY pissed me off that they used what could have been an excellent CF role model, educated, attractive, career woman who was actually made barren after cancer and let her get all starry eyed about being knocked up and unmarried. They pretty much lost me after she found out about her miracle pregnancy and all of the hoopla that surrounded it.
Anonymous User
October 20, 2008
dexter is one of my favourite shows. his sister in the show is very cool. i think she might be cf
Soulie
October 20, 2008
There is a reason I only watch DVDs and cartoons that don't suck, because in cartoons, people don't get pregnant or suddenly get baby rabies.

Although, interesting fact - in the original Disney movie Cinderella, the King has serious grandbaby rabies; watch it and you'll see what I mean ^_^
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login