Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WHY do they have another baybee after the first one has a horrible inherited condition? (re:TLC documentary)

Posted by kidlesskim 

Look at it this way: who is going to want to breed with them?
Why, another messed up DNA replicant that should never have been born in the first place, of course.

I can see the beauty of it now... The classic field of grass scene, two wheelchairs carrying their floppy-necked, tongue-lolling passengers toward each other. And of course, as they get close to each other they simultaneously hit a rock and fall toward each other, their arms flapping wildly in an awkward, and quite accidental, embrace.

How do they make love? I will leave that lovely scene to your imaginations. It is not impossible because love conquers all, they will find a way!
Seacreature Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Look at it this way: who is going to want to breed
> with them?
> Why, another messed up DNA replicant that should
> never have been born in the first place, of
> course.
>
> I can see the beauty of it now... The classic
> field of grass scene, two wheelchairs carrying
> their floppy-necked, tongue-lolling passengers
> toward each other. And of course, as they get
> close to each other they simultaneously hit a rock
> and fall toward each other, their arms flapping
> wildly in an awkward, and quite accidental,
> embrace.
>
> How do they make love? I will leave that lovely
> scene to your imaginations. It is not impossible
> because love conquers all, they will find a way!

Oh, this is for real, even though it seems absurd to us. There is a group of do gooders (I will try and look it up later) who are PRO retards marrying and having a "famblee". It's one of the goals of this independent living in group homes, so called. They think if they can boil soup, make up a bed, put the correct bus token in the slot, go to "work" every day which might be mindlessly sweeping the same spot all day in a business that is getting a tax break for hiring retards, that they SHOULD have the "right" to marry and have baybees. I have seen this done mainly with Downs adults, adults with mild mental retardation AND severe wheelchair bound cerebral Palsy, as well as awwtistic spectrum and other who are afflicted with various birth defects and mental problems. The ones born physically handicapped might could do ok, but RETARDS should not self replicate, especially if what they have is genetic. I think that mentally retarded people should be sterilized before puberty for their own protection as well as any future offsprings' well being. However, whenever I have made my opinion on this known, I have been bashed by religious fundies, straight into next year.
Oh man, Kim... Of course there are groups like that! How GROSS!angry smiley
The thought of "developmentally disabled" folks getting it on is a little disturbing, to say the least. A friend of mine once worked at a DD group home, and she told me the women there were given depo-provera shots every few months. Of course, the DD folks were known to screw around a lot; but at least the women weren't getting preggers! And to think I actually applied for a job at one of those places...am damn glad I didn't get it!:kill

The idea of anyone having a "right" to chyldren is just plain stupid. I can't imagine putting a child through the pain and suffering most of those inherited conditions bring, just because *I* wanted the wonderful experience (heh) of sprogging. Jeebus, do these people completely lack empathy?
I saw that documentary a few years ago and it made me sick. I feel very sorry for the two girls. Their parents are a pair of selfish, stupid cunts that need to be sterilised with a rusty spork. angry smiley
http://ethics.iit.edu/codes/coe/amer.assoc.mental.r.b.html

There are a lot more private groups involved in the "rights" of the mentally retarded, but this is the part of the American Association on Mental Retardation that specifically outlines their "rights" to marry and reproduce, which has been in effect since 1973.

"E:The right to marry and to have a family of his or her own.

Any retarded citizen who can be effectively self-supporting, and who can be reasonably expected to discharge effectively the obligations of marriage and parenthood, should be permitted to marry and to raise a family ; in no even, once a retarded person is married, should this marriage be annulled on the basis of the exclusive circumstance of mental retardation, nor should that person's right to bear and rear children be abridged. If a genetically transmitted condition exists, the retarded person should receive appropriate genetic counseling to ensure his understanding of the condition. If it should become evident that a retarded individual has become incapable of rearing his or her children, as may occur with nonretarded parents, the same legal and professional procedures concerning parenthood that are applicable to families of nonretarded citizens should be applied to those retarded citizens."

confused smiley "...If a genetically transmitted condition exists, the retarded person should receive appropriate genetic counseling to ensure his understanding of the condition...."

That shit right there is ridiculous. If they are retarded enough then they won't understand that they are breeding a retard and will just pass their retardism on. Personally, I think that this is OUTRAGEOUS that anyone can knowingly transfer any debilitating genetic mutation to their offspring, but in this case it's even worse because presumably, people with sense are making the decisions. I find it especially cruel to knowingly allow a retardate to reproduce another tard. If THEY are still shitting on themselves, how will they understand to change the baybee? I HATE Polly perfect, pasty faced, fundie do-gooders who condone and even celebrate such nonsense.angry smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login