Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stupid survey

Posted by Cambion 
Stupid survey
October 19, 2008
I was bored and taking an online survey for birth control, and one of the questions was something like, "Do you plan to get pregnant?" -- simple enough. But the answer choices for this question were as follows:

"I plan to get pregnant in the next year"
"I plan to get pregnant in more than 1 year but less than 2 years"
"I plan to get pregnant in 2 or more years"
"I'm not sure of my plans"

I love how "I don't plan on getting pregnant" is not an option, thus implying that all women yearn to be knocked up. The kicker is one of the choices in the "Which of these BC methods have you HEARD OF?" section was Essure. Umm...if this survey deals with asking about planned pregnancies, why even ask about permanent sterilization?
Re: Stupid survey
October 19, 2008
My personal correct and complete answer to that survey would be:

I have been searching for a willing doctor to perform a tubal ligation on me since I was 22 years old as I have not wanted to have children from a very early age, ever. I was always told that they (the docs) would NOT perform this surgery unless I was over 35 and/or had given birth to two kyds, because "...I might change my mind". Birth control pills and IUD's were not an option for me due to various medical reasons, so I have had to pay the expense on my own of various over the counter birth control methods my entire adult life, as insurance won't cover much else. After I became "over 35" I STILL could find no doctor within a 500 mile radius of where I lived to perform the tubal and they used this same tired excuse, "You could STILL change your mind", even though I am knocking on menopause's back door and have YET to "change my mind". Even the clinics who would perform the surgery were VERY expensive(more than double), in comparison to the cost of when insurance picks up the tab immediately after a 2nd kyd birth like everyone else does, and were considered "elective", so insurance wouldn't pay anyway.

In order for me to get a tubal at this point I would have to travel (and pay for)a nearly 1000 miles round trip, pay the expense of a minimum 3 day stay in the area afterwards to recuperate enough for travel back home and of course pay for the surgery itself and all related medical expenses out of my own pocket. A conservative estimate would be about 8-10k for the whole ordeal, AND I would have no Doctor nearby to consult for after care so I would have to pay to travel back for check ups or just hope for the best. At this stage of the game I suppose I will just continue to use over the counter birth control and abortion as a back up plan. An abortion in my area would mean a 200 mile round trip and all of the expenses associated with that would be in excess of 2k, but I will NOT be forced by the medical community to give birth even if I have to dig a coat hanger out of the closet.

I don't suppose they have THAT option on their fucking survey. BASTARDS.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login