Advanced

Cure for ADHD

Posted by Rose Red 
Cure for ADHD
October 23, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJXi8czPLYA
Re: Cure for ADHD
October 23, 2008
It's saying the video is no longer available. Awe pooh... But I remember that one and LOVED it. Matt and Trey always tell it like it is.
Anonymous User
October 23, 2008
OK, since the pc kiss butt crowd at youtube decided to take it off, what did it say?
October 23, 2008
Crap! I'm sorry. It was the South Park where the dr. who has the cure for ADHD just smacks a group of babbling children and they settle down. Maybe it's on youtube? The kids sound just like real kids. I am sorry. It's probably too old. It's on Fark, though! on the Video tab under "Horrible tantrum"
CFTeen
October 23, 2008
It's back up again, and yep it's the South Park ADHD cure.
October 23, 2008
The absolute best cure for the vast majority of ADHD cases is simply to discontinue the monthly social security disability checks to the moos who have kyds with the diagnosis. I predict that they will spontaneously "get better" and fewer cases with the stereotypical symptoms will be reported or treated. I feel confident that even if medicaid continues paying for drug therapy and counseling for ADHD, that the absence of a monthly check for the disorder will put an end to 90% of the cases. I wish that's what would happen because otherwise people will say, "There are still the same number of cases, but since medicaid won't pay for treatment the poor impoverished welfare mothers can't afford treatment, so therefore they are simply not seeking it".

So, leave the medicaid paid treatment option available, but cease with the cash reward payments. I think the results would be ASTOUNDING, but would'nt surprise me in the least. They should do the same thing with "Autism Spectrum" disorders and watch those cases decline as well. I think that disabilities should meet standard medical guidelines and simply not allow illnesses which symptoms are so damned vague and poorly defined that just about anybody can easily fake it and draw a check for it, which is EXACTLY what these moocows are doing. In this area a kyd can get up to $620 a month, IN CASH AND IN ADDITION TO ALL OTHER WELFARE, if he has an ADHD or Autism Spectrum diagnosis.
October 24, 2008
you guys realize that add, adhd, bipolar, autism are all very real disorders and very debilitating, i know you do.

however, people who actually have these disorders now have less resources available to them due to the assholes and freeloaders getting their "spectrum" diagnosis and running all the way to the gubermint bank with it. It's just a check for them.

The ones at fault here are these doctors that milk the system themselves giving these diagnosis, and anyone can get a diagnosis for at least one of these disorders, it's not hard to fake it in a dr's office since there is no definitive test or brain chemistry test that can weed out the breeders out for the checks.
October 24, 2008
This is exactly true, it is debilitating when the condition is legit.

Unfortunately, you have scum bags who just want an extra income so they have a pity party for themselves, take advantage of the system, and take resources away from people who really need it.

Asshole doctors need to stop handing these diagnoses out like they are M&M's.

guest Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you guys realize that add, adhd, bipolar, autism
> are all very real disorders and very debilitating,
> i know you do.
>
> however, people who actually have these disorders
> now have less resources available to them due to
> the assholes and freeloaders getting their
> "spectrum" diagnosis and running all the way to
> the gubermint bank with it. It's just a check for
> them.
>
> The ones at fault here are these doctors that milk
> the system themselves giving these diagnosis, and
> anyone can get a diagnosis for at least one of
> these disorders, it's not hard to fake it in a
> dr's office since there is no definitive test or
> brain chemistry test that can weed out the
> breeders out for the checks.
October 24, 2008
guest Wrote:
> i know you do.

Why must all comments in every venue have to come with a disclaimer? If I rant about some Katrina survivors who are still living off of the government after 3 years that does NOT mean that I am not aware of the devastation that a hurricane can cause. It just means that I left off the disclaimer, "While there ARE legitimate exceptions......" so as not to get bingoed by every Tom Dick or Harry who has ever lived in the vicinity of a tornado watch or heard a weather siren go off. Has this turned into some new OCD or something because it's everywhere and about all things? Someone hates whiners with kyds who complain when cigarette smoke creeps over into their space and someone ALWAYS says, "You did you know that second hand smoke CAN cause cancer, right?" Someone is against them putting a pit bull to sleep because he lunged unprovoked at and bit a kyd in the face. SOMEONE always has to chime in with their vast statistical and anecdotal evidence of how once a biter, always a biter and that the dog HAD to be put down, but we probably didn't know that or we wouldn't be so quick to take up for the dog. Fat people getting charged for two seats? We couldn't POSSIBLY understand how it feels to have a great grand step aunt who suffers from diabetes and is grossly obese. We DO know that SOME people can't help it, right?

YES WE KNOW. There are ALWAYS exceptions, to everything. We KNOW that Autism is real. We are aware that bi-polar is devastating. Some of us probably got the diagnosis for it back when it was just plain old manic depression though and didn't warrant sympathy, special attention, or a monthly check, and we managed just fine. I am WELL aware that mental illnesses are very real and devastating to patient and family, I just get TIRED of having to add that DISLAIMER every time I make a comment just so no one will get their peewins hurted. I am ALSO very aware that the illnesses are being over diagnosed and misdiagnosed which is what I assumed the topic was about, based on the context clues. Hence, my comment without the "disclaimer", that YES, I realize, acknowledge, and fully feel like pure shit when someone gets a legitimate diagnosis of one of these illnesses".

I could have misunderstood, but when someone asks if I realize something (when it's clear that I do or reasonably should) and then immediately follows that comment up with, "I know that you do", I tend to take it as a reprimand of sorts, a slap on the wrist for possibly having offended a true sufferer out there in the vast internet land with my horrible misconceptions, shameful prejudices and spewing forth of misinformation. If you KNOW someone understands something and then proceed to tell them about it, in my mind it's an outright insult and condescending AS ALL GET OUT.
CFBitchfromLA
October 24, 2008
I work for a marketing and public relations company serving the pharmaceutical industry. I frequently attend product and therapeutic line advisory boards with major opinion leaders in different areas of medicine. A few years ago, I talked to a very noted neuropsychiatrist who specializes in ADHD, and he commented that the best thing you can do to treat a patient with what he called "honestly diagnosed" ADHD is the combination of behavior modification and drugs, but to use the drugs only in cases where necessary. He also added that he believes ADHD is overdiagnosed on what he called a "conspiratorial basis". Right before he boarded his flight back to his home city, he commented to my group that he thought a good spanking would do as much for most kids than all of the drugs in the world. I agreed!
Anonymous User
October 24, 2008
guest Wrote:
> i know you do.
>
> however, people who actually have these disorders
> now have less resources available to them due to
> the assholes and freeloaders getting their
> "spectrum" diagnosis and running all the way to
> the gubermint bank with it. It's just a check for
> them.
>
> The ones at fault here are these doctors that milk
> the system themselves giving these diagnosis, and
> anyone can get a diagnosis for at least one of
> these disorders, it's not hard to fake it in a
> dr's office since there is no definitive test or
> brain chemistry test that can weed out the
> breeders out for the checks.

Welcome to the world of bad apples ruining it for folk and kids with the real thing.
Like these little girls who cry rape and are proven liars. Or lie about an attempted abduction and it was all to cover up some tryst with a pimple faced little shit to screw around with.
Cheese Louise
October 24, 2008
BRAVA, kidlesskim! You said it way better than I ever could.

:beer
October 24, 2008
I think ADHD might be the culmination of society due to the spread of the mentality that children's every whim should be considered. That might be the root of the problem. Instead of just shutting them down with discipline like we used to, we try to be their friends. This gives the child the pretense that they have more power than they should. They're not being put in their proper place. It's not ADHD, it's a child that is crying out for more discipline. Don't make the child behave with the right disciplinary actions, no... Drug 'is ass up! It's SO much easier!
October 25, 2008
I've always thought this ADHD nonsense is simply spoilt rotten children. Most of this could be cured by smacking the kid on the ass when they start their crap.

Of course it would also help if parunts would feed their kids a decent diet instead of all the junk food they give them nowadays. When I was growing up in the 1950s and 1960s a trip to Burger King or whatever was a rarity. A hamburger with french fries and a chocolate milk were a very special treat. Forget Coke or other soft drinks--holidays only. And guess what? I grew up healthy and happy. I didn't throw temper tantrums because they were not tolerated and you'd best believe I was raised to eat what was set before me. As for lack of attention to homework, whatever, a good whack to the back of my head gave me a quick attitude adjustment.

Sure, there are kids with ADHD, just as there are kids with Awwwtism and whatever, but not to the extent that is being claimed. Most of it is bad parenting. That and a desire to get on the dole and get something from the government.
October 25, 2008
I'd guess that close to 90% of these ADHD and Autism Spectrum diagnoses are complete BS. I base that estimate on the fact that 90% of the ADHD/Autism Spectum breeders I deal with have absolutly no intention of ever properly disciplining their child.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login