Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Quote from Judge Judy

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Quote from Judge Judy
October 24, 2008
made to a SSI whore with 3 shits, supposedly able to live on @ 10,000 a year. (stole sisters identity after a car accident)

"I could make a living on all the scams I uncover here."
Re: Quote from Judge Judy
October 24, 2008
I saw that one. Unbelievable.
October 24, 2008
Judge Judy is so wonderful. She may be a deity of some sort. I think I may start a cult.

All hail the Goddess of Common Sense.
October 24, 2008
RatsNotBrats Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Judge Judy is so wonderful. She may be a deity of
> some sort. I think I may start a cult.
>
> All hail the Goddess of Common Sense.

there was a youtube channel devoted entirely to her but it was taken down- due, I think to some sort of copyright infringement
Anonymous User
October 24, 2008
I read one complaint about her that she seems to be getting nastier as time progresses.
I don't think I would last half as long as she has dealing with the level of assholes that end up on the show.
Now this indicates one of two things:
a) only people of this 'class' (generally trailer trash) opt to air their garbage on air.
b) they turn away people of higher caliber because the trailer trash provides better show..
(they did have a relatively well known individual on once... can't remember the girls name, but she wasn't your run of the mill muck)
CFBitchfromLA
October 24, 2008
I agree that I would not last but one show for beating the crap out of some idjit breeders with the gavel, or alternatively I would be removed from the bench for sentencing some moo to the chair for inconveniencing me!
October 24, 2008
RatsNotBrats Wrote:
> Judge Judy is so wonderful. She may be a deity of
> some sort. I think I may start a cult.
>
> All hail the Goddess of Common Sense.

I also really love the Simpsons' version of her, Judge Constance Harm.
October 24, 2008
Yes! ALL HAIL THE GODDESS OF COMMON SENSE! Most definitely Thank you, Judge Judy. You serve a very valuable purpose.
October 25, 2008
Judge Judy is my hero. Coupla tidbits from wikipedia:

"Although her show Judge Judy is produced in Los Angeles, Judy resides in Greenwich, Connecticut and Naples, Florida. She also maintains an apartment in New York City. She is flown to California for the show's taping in her own private jet."

"The 2005 four-year contract was worth $100 million, making Sheindlin one of the highest paid women in television history, with the highest being Oprah Winfrey who earns $250 million. Sheindlin's net worth is $95 million."
October 25, 2008
I love this woman! Whenever I'm sick and working from home, we get old JJ programmes for an hour on digital telly late in the afternoon.

(BTW does anyone remember Judge Wapner and The People's Court?)

I do think she gets out of hand sometimes, though. More as she gets older/richer. One comment she made to a defendent or a complainant (can't recall which one ) would have landed her in deep water if she were a practicing judge on a 'real' circuit court bench. The girl in question was leeching off her boyfriend's family in some way -- living in their basement with the boyf without paying rent, and something went wrong, and that's why they were on JJ. The girl said she had to go to the hospital and get a prescription for something as part of her story of defence/complaint. JJ asked why she had to go to the hospital. The girl said she had a bad urinary tract infection. JJ said "Why? Too much sex?!" In any real court, the judge would've been in all sorts of shit for denigrating the girl's character in such a way. Probably enough to collapse the case anyways. Although the girl was no winner, she certainly was wronged by that comment which, of course, JJ got away with making.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
October 25, 2008
Amethyst Wrote:
The girl
> said she had a bad urinary tract infection. JJ
> said "Why? Too much sex?!" In any real court,
> the judge would've been in all sorts of shit for
> denigrating the girl's character in such a way.
> Probably enough to collapse the case anyways.
> Although the girl was no winner, she certainly was
> wronged by that comment which, of course, JJ got
> away with making.

So true Amethyst. Although sex is probably the most common cause of UTIs, she may have had a condition like kidney stones or diabetes which would increase her likelihood of a UTI developing.
Much as I love the way JJ takes on the breeders, she was way out of line when she made that comment.
October 25, 2008
clematis Wrote:
>>
> "The 2005 four-year contract was worth $100
> million, making Sheindlin one of the highest paid
> women in television history, with the highest
> being Oprah Winfrey who earns $250 million.
> Sheindlin's net worth is $95 million."

Her husband's show tanked, though...I bet no one remembers it.
Anonymous User
October 26, 2008
I would bet the decent people who go on her show are few and far between. Most of them seem like breeder trash. I know a woman from my town that went on Judge Mathis. She was a complete nutcase. I taught her son, also a nut case. I recorded the episode and my coworkers and I watched it a lunch and had a good laugh!
October 26, 2008
One of my highschool friends has lived in Burbank,CA for ten years or so and her husband has some technical job with a production company and he ends up on the sets (behind the scenes) of numerous and various talk shows and reality shows. So, she sometimes works as an extra or paid member of the audience for pocket change and she has BEGGED me in the past to sign up with her on one of those trashy Jerry Springer type shows just for the free trip out there and some spending money. She says that any flashy and trashy story just about will get you signed on as a guest and it makes no difference if it's the least bit true or not. She thinks it would be fun, a free trip to visit, and then of course there's the money.

I ABSOLUTELY SAID NO. I have more self pride than to get on national TV, and leave behind God only knows how many special edition copies to be viewed for years to come, and embarrass myself or my famblee with any such nonsense that goes on with these shows. She says that the more strange, bizarre, and trashy the story is then the faster they will sign you up and the more money they will pay. Most of those shows are not only exagerated, they are just plain fraudulent, so she says. Apparently if the people appearing on the show sign a paper saying it's true, then they take it at face value and "let the fight begin." At the time she was trying to get me to pretend to be part of a love triangle within some fucked up story, the going rate for "guests" was 2k cash (spending money) round trip airfare, 3 days 2 nights at a decent hotel, some sponsor gifts which could be some clothes, jewelry, or an appliance,etc.... and meal expenses in exchange for 4-6 hours of actual preparation and filming. I am sorry, but that's not NEARLY enough money for me to act like an ass on global TV.

I would have guessed that they got paid a whole lot more than that, but the bargain basement price tag for this shit just re-enforces my belief that it's mostly trailer trash that sign on. Based on similar shows I have watched, their "stories" do appear believable and there's probably for a good reason for that.
Anonymous User
October 27, 2008
Do you guys remember the "Jenny Jones" show? It wan't QUITE as terrible, but I know for a fact that Kim is right. One of the girls I knew went on for the free limo ride, fancy hotel, etc. up to Chicago (woohoo...a whopping 2 hours away!) and told us all back at work that it was all fake. They took her simple storyline and made up 95% of the rest for trainwrecky goodness. I wasn't suprised.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login