Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Family Bingos

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Family Bingos
April 13, 2006
Good timing Water Lily, because I just got a major bingo from my sil & bro (via email no less). My sil wrote it-because she wears the pants.

She basicly asked me if & DH & I are going to have kids so my niece can have cousins. It went something like: "I know this is personal but are you guys planning to have kids? Because we want Casey to grow up with cousins...but of course-its your descision..."

FUCK!

This has got to be the most selfish question I've ever been asked, and it came from my SIL-who I really liked before she sprogged. She was fun and could take a joke before. But now she's a hyper-sensitive, bitchy, self-righteous cunt. I thought it was preggo hormones, then I thought it was stress, but after 18 mos, I'm afraid she's in perma-cunt mode. I know many other new moos that are at least still human beings, but my sil has morphed into something from Alien.

My brother-who I love dearly-is now whipped beyond sanity and everything-including emails-comes from my sil. I truly never thought they'd become this way. I guess getting an email like this is par for the course. If this is what parenthood does to someone-I want no part of it. Ever.
Re: Family Bingos
April 13, 2006
I hope you made it clear to this SIL that it is not YOUR job to provide her offspring with human play toys. Grrrr...it really chaps my you-know-what when breeders use the "I want Brattiney/Bratley to have cousins/friends to play with". A woman's body is always used for someone else's gain. I better stop my b*tching for the day and get ready to go out of town...
CFADinNYC
April 13, 2006
My breeder step sister in law has asked me when me and my DH are going to breed. She said "Oh you would have such a cute bayyybeee--being half Chinese." Ok asshole. My husband is from JAPAN. It is obvious. He looks Japanese, has a Japanese name and has been a part of this family longer than your breeding ass. Thankfully they moved to Minnesota so we hardly have to see their ignorant asses.

Thankfully no one (except her) has bingoed us. Both my older sisters are childfree by choice and we are all career driven. At family gatherings we see how tired and old our step family is getting while we talk about our latest conquest, whether professionally, through "toys" or some neat vacation we took. Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!
Anonymous User
April 13, 2006
india_darshan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> it really chaps my you-know-what when breeders use the "I want
> Brattiney/Bratley to have cousins/friends to play
> with".

My you-know-what is thoroughly chapped, too india! I got the email yesterday out of the blue & I'm kind of still in shock. I guess I can't expect a bitch like that to just accept us for being a good aunt & uncle.

Can you believe she couldn't ask me that sort of thing in person or even on the phone? My own sister doesn't even come up with that shit. And saying things like "I hope you aren't offended by us asking" and "of course, it's your descision" just makes it lamer.

KidFreeLuvnLife
April 13, 2006
Sounds to me like your SIL has the feeling she has lost complete control of her life and her life, now, is not her own. That would explain a lot about her behavior now, as compared to pre-perma-cunt mode. She is up in your face about spawning because misery loves company. Tell her there is nothing wrong with being a favorite Aunt.

Another thought - a friend of mine who was mildly bi-polar sprogged twice in her late 30's and the hormones totally fucked her. Her bi-polar condition worsened to the point where you couldn't even talk to her. She's on some heavy duty meds now but she's still pretty bitter.
CF Scorpio
April 13, 2006
Notwithstanding you SIL's outrageous assumption that it's YOUR job to provide her children with cousins, I have to ask...

Doesn't SHE have a sibling on HER side of the family whom she can pressure into sprogging? Or is she an only child? WHy is this your responsibility? Cousins come from both sides of the family.
CF Scorpio
April 13, 2006
Not to mention that cousins are really overrated. My mom's cousins are all in France and I haven't seen them since 1986.

I have 3 cousins on my dad's side of the family. One pulled a no-show at my wedding, effectively wasting $75 of my catering expenses. The middle one is the goldensprog of the family and all holidays revolve around his schedule, a situation that caused a major family blowout resulting in us not speaking for over 2 years. He and his wife have sprogged twice, and the younger child has a birthday the day before mine, which means that their entire side of the family drops everything to travel 2+ hours to their home in order to worship the goldensprog. I'm lucky if I get a card anymore, let alone the family for dinner. My youngest cousin is the one I'm arguably closest to. She sublet my fully furnished condo for 14 months and managed to break/destroy several pieces of furniture and other items. She also apparently hadn't cleaned, ever.

So much for cousins!
Feh
April 13, 2006
Cousins are totally overrated. I was the only grandchild on both sides of my family until the age of 11 when for the next 4 years my aunts/uncles decided to pump out a total of 8 kids between them. Granted, one was a set of fertility treatment induced triplets, but my family didn't handle it so well. I went from being the center of attention at every family function, to being completly and totally ignored almost over night. Seriously, when I was 13 one set of grandparents didn't get me ANYTHING, not even for my birthday or christmas, not even a card. These were the grandparents who would send me a box of candy or a card for every major holiday. It was especially hurtful because it coincided with adolescence, pimples, growth spurts, greasy hair, wildly fluctuating moood swings and all that fun stuff. Needless to say I took it very, very personally, because I was ugly and dorky and I felt everyone had started having kids because I must have been so horrible to be around.

Granted, that kick in the pants taught me alot, but I completly hated my cousins for many years, and when left alone with them (because I was the default babysitter), would play them off each other, or taunt them myself in an attempt to make them equally miserable. Eventually I got over that and learned to enjoy them, but it took a few years, and quite a toll on my mental health.
Anonymous User
April 13, 2006
Cousins are mondo overrated. I'm an only child, and my cousins have always been anywhere from one province away to South Africa. Also, my mother waited to mid-30's before being guilted into sprogging by my dad, so all my cousins on my mother's side are about 10 years older than me or more.

On the other side, my dad's brother and his wife decided against sprogging and adopted my two younger cousins from a poor part of Guatemala, and are raising them in a nice neighbourhood in Toronto. How's that for PNBs?
KidFreeLuvnLife
April 13, 2006
Cousins being overrated - boy you got that one right. I was very close with my 3 cousins on mom's side UNTIL I got divorced. Suddenly I was this horrible monster, straight from hell, when in reality, they were just jealous because I was the only one to be wise enough to get out of my unhappy marriage. The male cousin is saddled with a horrible, sickly child and a step-daughter who no doubt will win Cunt of the Year Award one day. The youngest one cannot breed for the life of her, has a controlling narrow minded husband, and hates everyone who has kids because she can't have any of her own.

The oldest one and I get on swimmingly together. She's mildly mentally handicapped and way above the other 2 and their petty bullshit.
Anonymous User
April 13, 2006
CF Scorpio Wrote:
> Doesn't SHE have a sibling on HER side of the
> family whom she can pressure into sprogging? Or
> is she an only child?

Yes- CF Scorpio, she is an only child. And I still wonder about the depression/bipolar thing, too. She's literally done a 360 in personality. She was so friendly & happy before she got pregnant. People tell me maybe she was faking being nice until she secured the marriage & sprog, but I don't know.

She's very hyper-responsible & scheduled, has a career/master's degree/ Phd on the horizon and makes sure everyone knows it. I notice she is very jealous of my large extended family, especially my female cousins who all have recently had babies and became SAHM's. She comments on their laziness, lack of ambition, whatever she can to make herself seem superior. One very close cousin came by on a holiday to show us her new baby. This is someone by brother has been close with forever. SIL purposefully walked right past her & baby-nose in the air-to make the point.

Funny, since her own extended family NEVER has parties or is close like that. I mean, she has what she wanted-this huge new loving family-complete with young moms like her, but she pushes them away. She also despises when anyone calls my little cousins her kid's cousins.

Now she's started acting superior to DH & I, and I've even caught her making remarks to DH at goldensprog's 1st b/day party while she thought I wasn't around such as: "See, you SHOULD have kids because..."And my DH replied: "We don't want to be asked about having kids". She says: "I'm not asking, I'm telling."

She even called me about my own sister who is single, travels & has fun. ("I'm SURE your sister wants to get married...so she should stop taking trips and concentrate on finding someone...")

Sorry for writing a book. I guess this is a classic case of misery loves company. But too bad, she'll have to live with her misery all by herself.
Anonymous User
April 13, 2006
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
> Her bi-polar condition worsened to the point where you couldn't
> even talk to her. She's on some heavy duty meds
> now but she's still pretty bitter.

That's the exact word to describe my sil-bitter. I don't know if she was on meds/seeing a psych before the sprogging, but I know my brother has to walk on eggshells alot. I wouldn't be suprised if she did have a psych history. Maybe it's time to send her some chocolate covered Paxil or something...

Water Lily
April 13, 2006
The hell with cousins. I don't see my one cousin all that often. The others live out of state, don't see them that much either. But the whole rant started that, my in-laws keep bugging me to sprog. I know this is only because they are MISERABLE. My sil's are miserable. One sil was sweet and is happy I'm childfree. But the other is not. Total crap. I've been bingoed when I was dating their son, long before we were engaged! The f*cking hell......
April 13, 2006
"But now she's a hyper-sensitive, bitchy, self-righteous cunt. I thought it was preggo hormones, then I thought it was stress, but after 18 mos, I'm afraid she's in perma-cunt mode."

Perma-cunt. I'm sooooooo liking this word. Perma-cunt. Perma-Moo-cunt.

It's all good.
Anonymous User
April 13, 2006
Laugh hysterically in her face when she 'tells' you.
Anonymous User
April 13, 2006
bell_flower Wrote:
> Perma-cunt. I'm sooooooo liking this word.
> Perma-cunt. Perma-Moo-cunt.
>
> It's all good.

Permacunt (simillar to Permafrost) An inhospitable, frozen wasteland of a soul where not even the sun's warmth can penetrate.
Anonymous User
April 13, 2006
two cents ¢¢ Wrote:
>Laugh hysterically in her face when she 'tells'
>you.
>
>Good idea-I'll have an insanely hysterical laughing fit cocked & ready for her next onslaught.
>
Feh
April 13, 2006
Hilarious definition of Permacunt (tm).

Bitter? I hardly knew 'er.
CF Scorpio
April 13, 2006
lv67 Wrote:

>
> Yes- CF Scorpio, she is an only child.

Ah, that explains it! She's never experienced the "joy" of brothers and sisters, so she has a fantasy that all siblings (and by extension, cousins) are wonderful.

I am an only child and went through a brief period of wanting a younger sister, but I grew out of that after seeing all of my friends constantly fighting with their siblings.

Water Lily
April 15, 2006
I also went through some stupid dumb spell of wanting a sibling, but then again, no thanks.
April 15, 2006
i am odd, i was an only child, but i had a brother. wha i hear you say, my brother is 13 years older than me, so i was brought up as an only child he was at university. i always wanted a twin, brother or sister (for the mischeif we could cause yes i was that kinda kid).

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.