Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

More "For Da Cillun" Bullshit--Yes On Prop8

Posted by MerlynHerne 
More "For Da Cillun" Bullshit--Yes On Prop8
November 01, 2008
Found this stupid segment on YouTube. Not only the stupid idiot defending 8 carries on about "da chillun"...the comments are similarly-minded breeder crap.

Re: More "For Da Cillun" Bullshit--Yes On Prop8
November 01, 2008
It's fun to see ignorant people writhe to realize that they will not hold hegemony over society for much longer as society evolves and matures.

All the people in this video are liars. Some probably even realize that. That, then, is doubly repulsive and unethical. I hope each and every one of them learns that their children are gay. Then let's see how much longer they argue for bigotry disguised in pretty phrases.

Bigots. Ugly, repulsive, hateful bigots. They can dress up their ugliness in lacy religion and dainty excuses, but the ugliness shows through the dress-up--and the dress-up proves to be, on closer inspection, only tissue paper and cheap ribbon after all.
November 02, 2008
Yeah, I hear ya, clematis. The sad thing is that a percentage of the kids of those bigots will be gay, lesbian, bi, or transgendered, and it will be their own "loved ones" who will be making marriage unavailable to them if this passes.

People CAN change if they want to. My mum was homophobic for many years, then about a year before she died I told her I was marrying a fellow FTM person in Canada. She told me she was very happy for me and that she'd be there when I married--and she was. As she told someone, when she died, she wanted to die knowing that I would be happy. That is the bottom line here--if I did have kids, I would want them to be happy. As long as they were hurting no one else, I would stand behind their choices.

I'm not living in CA anymore so I cannot vote on Prop 8 but I pray that it goes down to a solid defeat.
November 02, 2008
While I can't download the video, I am pretty sure I have an accurate idea of the general commentary as I have heard it and read it in the past. I am SICK to death of religious fundies claiming that, 1) Homosexual people can be "reformed" if they let God into their lives, 2)That homosexual people try to "convert" chilyydren into becoming homosexuals 3)That homosexual people commonly have hundreds of sexual partners and pass on dreaded STD's 4)That homosexuals are an abomination to God 5)That homosexual people are a danger to themselves and society, etc...........

These nuts are grasping at straws in an attempt to place gay people in a negative light when they claim to preach tolerance, forgiveness, acceptance, and my personal favorite, "Love the sinner, hate the sin". Then they condone (directly or by inaction) gay bashing, opposition of basic human rights laws for gay people, and they consistently speak out and preach about the SIN of being gay. What kills me is that on top of all of their self righteous indignation they are frequently "caught" with their own proverbial hand in the cookie jar. This is evidenced when their own gay activities AND extramarital ones at that come to light, yet they claim it was a momentary "weakness" and STILL stand right there and LIE their asses off that this was a one time thing/sin. Some of the openly anti-gay public figures, who make a huge big deal about "famblee values", are the biggest, two faced liar, toe tapping queens who ever lived.

This nonsense of legalized gay marriage being some sort of an affront to the famblee or famblee values, a stepping stone to the legalization of polygamous marriages, a way to break up the traditional famblee unit, or any of the other stuff that these fundie shitbags claim is an outright lie. I truly do not understand why someone would have such deep rooted fears of something which would have no effect on them, their lives, or their famblees. I have also heard people say that if gay marriage is legalized nationally then straight people will marry a friend of the same sex just to get benefits, insurance, retirement income, same rights as hetero marrieds as far as concerning their children, and equal rights involving inheritance and other matters concerning the right to pull the plug or to donate organs as well as funeral arrangement rights. My feeling on that is that ALL people should have equal access to medical care or other basic needs without having to marry someone to get it (or have kyds to get it) and ANY partner of another person, regardless of sex, should have the legal right to receive inheritances, execute wills, and make decisions regarding funeral arrangements, etc.....

I don't have a dog in this fight but it's the very principle of it that makes me have such a passionate opinion. I guess that to me it just "ain't right" how fundie nuts can continue to thump a bible as they band together and deny people their basic human rights. I wish that they would all be outed (where applicable) and made to atone for their lifetime of making GLBTG peoples' lives less happy than they could have been had they not been denied their basic rights and their right to pursue happiness had not been squelched at every turn.
Well put, KLK.

To me, the parallels to interracial marriage and the history behind its being prohibited in most states is striking. For those of you who may not know, it was California's Supreme Court in 1948 (Perez v. Sharp) which struck down its interracial marriage ban. At the time, about 40 states banned it. In 1958, an interracial couple, the Lovings, got legally married in the District of Columbia but were denied a marriage license when they moved to Virginia. Told to leave the state or face prison, they returned to DC but sued and won, but only after the U.S. Supreme Court in 1967 ruled in their favor.

There is no secular reason for anyone to oppose same-sex marriage. The only opposition to it is religously based. So anyone who wants to ban it is simply trying to force their religous views onto everyone else. And that is WRONG! And illegal, IMHO.

Kyds who were taught in schools back in the post-Loving decision that having interracial parents was normal turned out just fine. One of them is likely to be elected U.S. president in a few days, I hope!
November 03, 2008
This is the BIG bugaboo with Prop 8. No one should be opposing this on secular grounds. Most if not all of the opposition is religious...and religious individuals, while they should be free to worship as they wish, should not be able to restrict the human rights of others.

I agree, kidlesskim, all of the fundie "reasons" for denying LGBT people their basic human rights, are based on outright lies and faulty reasoning.
How in the hell is my marrying whom I want going to destroy the famblee unit> How deos it threaten "traditional marriage"?

I rejoice every time one of these fundies is "outed"...one of my pet peeves are those in the "ex-gay" ministries. Many of these people are living a flat-out lie. They lie to their spouses and famblees, they lie to others in their faith communities, they lie to supports, and most of all they lie to themselves. It needs to stop, the sooner the better.

You are correct, degree, this is very similar to the battle for interracial couples to marry. That was a long hard fight, but was ultimately won. The fight for same-sex marriage will one day be won as well.
Anonymous User
November 03, 2008
i would love to see religion removed from politics entirely. if you think being gay is wrong, just don't be homosexual. if you think abortions are wrong, just don't have one. i'm not a christian and i don't see why christians should have a legal basis for demanding that non-christians follow THEIR personal belief system. i think of people like this as nosy-ass busy-bodies who can't stand not meddling in other people's bedrooms. i would be so pleased if "separation of church and state" was more than just an empty promise.

don't even get me started on the "sanctity of marriage." yes, with 50% of children born out of wedlock, and around 50% of marriages ending in divorce... it's SUCH a sacred institution and it's definitely TEH GAYZ causing its downfall!
November 03, 2008
Their shameless lying to further their own agenda is scandalous. They need to get over themselves. I have a bi-sexual relative who pretends to be straight so she could get married and have a child under the umbrella of "acceptance". I can hardly sit in the room with her.
November 03, 2008
I don't understand why they can't just define marriage as a partnership between "two consenting human adults" which would keep people from marrying ducks, chairs, 8 other people, children, and any party that legally can't legally consent to anything, which is where we'd end up if we embarked on the "slippery slope" of gay marriage according to the Xtians.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login