Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1222 Well-Managed Husband?

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
KidFreeLuvnLife
1222 Well-Managed Husband?
April 14, 2006
I read the stuff on the "fire your wife" website and saw some of the "advice" women get. What bullshit. My divorce was so civil and we split everything 50/50. My ex makes a lot more than me but I was not about to take him for alimony, I make good money and it just didn't seem fair. And the lying and shit like that? Two words for that: BAD KARMA.
taurus
Re: 1222 Well-Managed Husband?
April 14, 2006
thats from a 3rd party site, dr helen agrees its bad, i agree its bad but the comments are interesting, they say kids DO keep a family together,
April 14, 2006
i read it and i dont thinks its anything that drhelen agrees with at all, but those sites are run by a few men who have been screwed over so bad they hate all women, dr helen want everyone to be treated equally. whether thats in legal regards or others. i there will be some women like those.. we all know at least one money grabbing bitch.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Lynn
April 14, 2006

Maybe couples do stay together for the kids - but they're miserable while they stay together.

My parents know several couples who divorced after 20, 25, 30 or more years of marriage. Once their children grew up and were out of the house, these couples didn't see any reason to stay in a bad marriage any longer, so they finally divorced.

I guess they thought their divorce wouldn't "scar" their kids as long as they divorced after their kids were grown, but I think it would be even harder to see your parents divorce once you were an adult - particularly if your parents were good at hiding their misery from you and you thought everything was great between them.

CF Uter
April 14, 2006
My friend's mom left her dad THE DAY her last kid turned 18 and moved out of the house. She actually had a lot of siblings, so the mom had to wait awhile I guess. No one saw it coming.

It is amazing what people will go thru in the name of the chyldren. But from what I could tell, no one liked the dad anyway. They probably would have been happier w/ the divorce, as long as they got good child support.
April 14, 2006
"I guess they thought their divorce wouldn't "scar" their kids as long as they divorced after their kids were grown, but I think it would be even harder to see your parents divorce once you were an adult - particularly if your parents were good at hiding their misery from you and you thought everything was great between them."

You know, as much as I hate the little fuckers, I've got to say that most kids aren't fooled by their parents' charades. I think a lot of kids figure out their parunts are sticking together "for the cheee-ill-drun."

Here's another reaction that's common in this scenario: Being pissed off. The people I've known who had parunts who stuck together for the kids and bolted after they were grown were pissed off because they felt their parents should have split earlier.

I do believe it's healthier for a kid to live with one happy parent than two parents who are miserably married and fighting all the time.

April 15, 2006
exactly, its the ones who break up, and cut the man out of the kids life, (there are men who dont want anything to do with them) but there are fathers who want to be with their kids, even if they are divorced.

thats not going to help the kids feeling of worth.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.