Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Entry 1225 - Wanna-breeders

Posted by Cambion 
Entry 1225 - Wanna-breeders
April 14, 2006
I never understood why women get so damn adamant about making a child from their own DNA. If they can't conceive naturally, then it's pretty obvious that they should not have children and should not fuck with nature in an attempt to make desired offspring. Why the fuck do these idiot wanna-breeders spend so many thousands on dollars on a procedure that has about a 20%-30% success rate? They must love paying such high insurance rates when they do that shit six or seven times. They call the childfree selfish for not spawning, yet these people want to bring more humans into a world where so many unwanted kids need homes. Yeah, that's not selfish or anything..
Anonymous User
Re: Entry 1225 - Wanna-breeders
April 14, 2006
*Nods head in agreement*......

I so agree..One of the most arogant things about the human race is our fucking with nature.
Yes we have the knowledge to fuck with mother nature but it is in no way right.

They are selfish beyond comprehension when common sence should prvail but sadly not...
Anonymous User
April 14, 2006
What ever happened to adoption? Christ! There are so many kids sitting around in shitty foster homes or worse (especially the Third World), I don't understand these women. Why are we the ones called selfish?
Water Lily
April 15, 2006
My reproductive disease (Endometriosis) doesn't make me want to go out and get some stupid infertility treatment. I could care less of course. I have better things to do with my time. MY life doesn't feel incomplete at all. I ignore the baby bingoes from family/society. I'm a strong person. If these womben are so freakn' weak, they need to SERIOUSLY get on some prozac and get their HEAD FREAKN' CHECKED!
April 15, 2006
i wonder how much of this is the infertility clinics and dr's and other doctors, persuading the people to get the treatment rather than learning to accept nature.

infertility doctors, they have a cash cow (so to speak). who pays their wages, and if its a genetic problem, what about the kids born, will they have the same or worse conditions, and so on..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Valkyrie
April 15, 2006
I can tell you exactly what their problem is, why they spend all the money and go through all the trouble. It's because they've been sold on a terrible, terrible lie. This is the lie that you just can't be happy and complete as a woman without having sprogged at least once. It's a lie that gets perpetuated constantly in our culture and it's one that the powers-that-be want us all to cling to. That includes everyone from the rightwing politicians to the infertility industry to the business people who sell all the baybeecrap.

Are these women selfish? Not any more than anyone else who has convinced themselves (or been persuaded by others) that the obsessive pursuit of any given goal is the ONLY way they can find happiness and fulfillment in life. Just like the workaholic or other kinds of addicts, it really is sad when you think about it.

I know from whence I speak here. Yes, I used to be a wanna-breeder myself. Thank the gods, though, that I finally came to my senses and became CF before I spent a single penny on any of that crap! (And as an amusing postscript to my tale, last December my Dr. told me that yes, I can actually have kids after all! This now makes me a TRUE CF'er! YAAAAAAY!)

If you ever must talk with one of these women, online or elsewhere, I would suggest approaching them like this: tell them about how happy and fulfilled being CF has made you. Also stress that there is so much more to being a woman than motherhood and kids. Encourage her to see the positive things in the world and embrace her life. Most of all, try to be a friend, if you can. These women need the kind of support that only CF people can offer. I remember that when I was at my worst, I was brought to that place by the manipulative influence of a truly sick, twisted bitchmoo whom I thought was my friend. It was getting said toxic bitchmoo out of my life and taking my life back that literally saved me.

I have heard many CF people say that they really want young people to know that parenthood is NOT inevitable, that they DO have a choice. Here is a chance to put this concept into practice. True, some women may be so into their sickness that they cannot be reached (I do regard Baby Rabies as a form of mental illness. I really do). Some, however, may not. I think it depends on how you approach them. If you do it right, you may just change someone's life. Maybe even save their life!

Peace,

Valkyrie
Anonymous User
April 16, 2006
Valkyrie You speak the truth...
Water Lily
April 17, 2006
KidFreeLuvnLife
April 17, 2006
The only thing I have to say about fertility treatments is that I LOVE reading how couples are forced into bankruptcy, financial ruin, etc., just to pay for the treatments that insurance doesn't cover. Whether or not the treatments end up working, their financial situation is fucked. Serves them right.
Anonymous User
April 17, 2006
Valkyrie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's a lie that gets perpetuated constantly in our culture
> and it's one that the powers-that-be want us all
> to cling to. That includes everyone from the
> rightwing politicians to the infertility industry

I totally agree that the scales of influence are tipped way to much toward getting infertility rather than being CF. Way back before I considered myself CF, I went for a job interview at a fertility clinic.

It was like walking into a colorful nursery Disneyland, complete with a zillion pics everywhere of all the sickening babies & "happy couples" whose lives are "now complete".

I felt sickened by the cuddly, womblike ambiance and the cookie-sweet staff that greeted me. Actually, that probably helped water the seeds of my future CFness.

I can only imagine the typical hopeful couple being sold on the whole thing the second they walk in. They are led to feel they've allready won the baby lottery without even having played yet. There's no counseling as to the pros & cons that I know of like abortion clinics have. Infertility is just the most irresponsible use of science for the planet's good since the atom bomb.

That's why boards like this are so important, they way be the only positive example of CF people that infertility fence-sitters (or any pre-breeders) have before they start to feed the infertility cash cow. If I could influence one young person, I would feel I've made a huge difference in the world.
Water Lily
April 17, 2006
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The only thing I have to say about fertility
> treatments is that I LOVE reading how couples are
> forced into bankruptcy, financial ruin, etc., just
> to pay for the treatments that insurance doesn't
> cover. Whether or not the treatments end up
> working, their financial situation is fucked.
> Serves them right.
>
Or if they even stay married, since I've read that the treatments, the fincancial burdens, can literaly "strain" a marriage.

April 17, 2006
i heard that roughly 3 years after all the fertility stresses, the marriage usually fails. heard it in a report somewhere

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.