Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

This is why I can't read Dear Abby anymore

Posted by Seacreature 
Re: This is why I can't read Dear Abby anymore
November 17, 2008
Good question, Waterhouse. I think it has to do with the hypocritical society factor.

OMG Krishna, that story is HORRIBLE. I completely agree that there should be some sort of control when it comes to the mentally ill. They have rights, also. What a sickening situation...
November 18, 2008
Why doesn't anyone ask these god-lovers why mothers aren't requiring their sons to pledge their virginity publicly?

Yes, good question indeed.

I remember going to a "daddy-daughter" dinner at my school when I was wee and being a bit creeped out. No, "dates" between daddies and daughters are not natural.
November 18, 2008
Krishna Wrote:

> I read in the Florida Catholic newspaper years ago
> how a woman refused to get her mentally disabled
> daughter on birth control despite how the young
> woman had more than one pregnancy. The older woman
> felt it was more sinful for her daughter to be on
> some sort of contraception than to keep having
> child after child. No one ever took this woman to
> task at the paper. Instead, people wrote in
> applauding her. I was so over writing to the
> newspaper all of the time so I just kept my $.02
> out of it.
>
> The mother took care of all of these kids but I
> felt it was awful to force pregnancy onto this
> mentally retarded young woman who probably had no
> concept of what the consequences were except that
> she kept having babies & did not know why! If we
> have to pay for all of these kids, which I am sure
> the Catholic mother gets all of the grandchildren
> on welfare, I do feel we should have a say with
> someone like this young woman or any other serial
> breeder to get sterilized or be on contraception
> (like Norplant) that the religious mother cannot
> mess with once out of the state's sight.

This is one of those cases where I think that the state should take precedence over religion, personal opinion, personal "rights", etc.....much like the government takes over privately owned real estate and turns it into an interstate via eminent domain. There is no religious, ethical, moral OR legitimate reason that ANY mentally retarded or severely mentally incapacitated person should not be sterilized at or before puberty. It protects the mentally retarded person as well as their potential unborn child. I find it difficult to believe that even a religious fundie can't see the logic and human decency in it, but obviously they clearly do not.
November 19, 2008
B. Waterhouse Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Am I the only one noticing that "purity balls" are
> only for daughters and fathers? Why doesn't anyone
> ask these god-lovers why mothers aren't requiring
> their sons to pledge their virginity publicly? I'd
> love to see them twist themselves into knots
> trying to come up with a reason.

Because when a boy has sex, he's a stud. When a girl has sex, she's a whore and no one wants a whore in the family.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
November 19, 2008
Why doesn't anyone ask these god-lovers why mothers aren't requiring their sons to pledge their virginity publicly?

It because they're Kee=ristians, the biggest bunch of hypocrites on the planet, that's why. Men can fuck anything female, but if a girl strays, OMG! Fucking wankers.
November 19, 2008
I find all of this "purity ball" and virgin/chastity ring shit HIGHLY sexist, intrusive, and unfair. I can't imagine my parents having subjected me to that bullshit and I would have NOT willingly participated either. These girls seem giddy about it and PROUD though, when they should be pissed off. It's ridiculous that in this day and age that it's STILL "ok" for boys to have sex, but not for girls. WHO exactly are the boys supposed to be diddling if all of the girls are so allegedly chaste? Even the biggest school sluts can't accomodate THAT many boys, sheesh. So, in line with their other daily religious hypocrisy, ONWARD they march by perpetuating THIS lie. Their girls are spreading their legs with great regularity regardless of how shiny their virgin rings may be. If they were'nt, then we would have seen a sharp decline in teen preggos, which we clearly have not. So, SOMEBODY'S daughter is giving it up after bible study,69 sex but are just covering it up, until of course they get knocked up since buying a rubber would mean that they "planned" their sin. eye rolling smiley
November 19, 2008
Seacreature Wrote:
> I completely
> agree that there should be some sort of control
> when it comes to the mentally ill. They have
> rights, also.

And the bastards who are taking sexual advantage of the mentally-disabled should be arrested. That is totally disgusting.

It's ridiculous that in this day and age that it's STILL "ok" for boys to have sex, but not for girls. WHO exactly are the boys supposed to be diddling if all of the girls are so allegedly chaste? Even the biggest school sluts can't accomodate THAT many boys, sheesh.

:yr
November 20, 2008
The teachers are fucking the boys. check out Fark.com
Rose Red Wrote:
> The teachers are fucking the boys. check out
> Fark.com

Oh boy, that is another topic altogether. While I understand how an older female having sex with an underage boy is different than a older man doing the same with a girl who is a minor, I still hate the attitude how it is "OK" for a grown woman to "initiate" a boy. It is the same double standards.

A former husband admitted how he had sex with a family friend who made a pass in the pool. I was stunned as I was in my early 20's and felt that past sexual stuff really should not be talked about except for health reasons. That particular man said how it was no big deal and it was just sex meaning he did not like her or anything. I never felt the same about him after that statement as I felt he was crude and uncaring.

The attitude basically states how women are there only for a young boy's sexual adventures. It does pass on the attitude of being "entitled" to sex. If it is too risky to go with another peer, an older woman will "do". One thing people never think about while rah-rahing for young boys to get "done" by an older woman is pregnancy. In SF, that did happen to the hormone-charged 16/year-old who got his 35/year-old neighbour knocked up.

Kid's life was ruined because he only thought with the wrong part of his body. Parents had to pay the child support while he was still a minor but made it clear that their son was on his own if he wanted college as the $'s saved for college was now going to support his child. If he wanted further schooling, he was going to have to work as well as pay his OWN child support once he became 18.

That happened in 1977. It would be interesting to know what happened to all of these people 31 years later. I doubt the boy/man felt the sex was worth 18+ years of indentured servitude to pay off the older moo. Wanna bet he hated his neighbour and maybe hated the kid he was enslaved to...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login