Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1227--Breeder Moos

Posted by Sherz 
Sherz
1227--Breeder Moos
April 15, 2006
It's because they are facetless. Most of them were boring blobs, without much to say, before the baby was born. Now that the baby is here, they finally have something to take the focus away from their dreary life. It is annoying how they have to constantly interject their moommy views into the space of others. You are correct in saying that the decent parents aren't the ones bragging about the good job they're doing, because they are actually busy parenting. They have enough confidence in their skills to not have to constantly seek out a pat on the back. When I was teaching, I had a Moo volunteer that I would have rather not had working in my classroom. She was basically there to be with her child, rather than help out. Her kid was, and still is, the hugest twirp on the planet--so incredibly spoiled! During planning time when the kids weren't in the room I would attempt to iniate conversation with this woman, and all she could talk about was how great her brat was. She had absolutely NO personality. She also had totally let herself go. I thought she was about 10-15 years older than me, and I later found out she was 10 years younger! It wouldn't have killed her style and color her hair, buy some new clothes and and get on the fricken' treadmill every once in a while. I could rant on and on!
Water Lily
Re: 1227--Breeder Moos
April 15, 2006
Good point Sherz.
KidFreeLuvnLife
April 17, 2006
Sherz, I admire you. I could never be a teacher and deal with the brats and their pahrunts. I'd go postal.
Water Lily
April 17, 2006
Me too......
Sherz
April 17, 2006
I could only take it for so long!! I'm looking for another job. Over the past 15 years kids and their parents have gotton so much worse, especially the parunts. I actually feel like I have post traumatic stress syndrome from teaching. I can't stand to be around kids now. The sound of a shrieking brat across a crowded restaurant sends me through the roof! Anyone have any job ideas for me?
Anonymous User
April 17, 2006
Sherz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone have any job ideas for me?

I'm with the others, Sherz! I'd be in a padded cell by now with your job. You must have the patience of a saint.

What about teaching adults instead? A less stressful continuing education class maybe?

April 18, 2006
the problem with continuing, is you will meet young adults, the ones that just left school, with all the i am smarter than you attitudes.

it depends on the age of the people being taught, the ones that just left school, and have to go learn reading again as they didnt when they were at school. or the older mid to late 30's.

i have been known to teach computers go through how to start etc.. for older people. i can give them intensive 1 on 1 teaching. depends what you know.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
KidFreeLuvnLife
April 18, 2006
Sherz, I'm in a totally different field than you, but maybe you could go on to teach college level kids? I don't know much about what education level you'd need or anything but college level would be so much more rewarding than dealing with the namby-pamby pahrunts of little kids. If you wanted to stay in teaching that is.

It's a shame that assholes can literally drive someone out of their livlihood.
Sherz
April 18, 2006
Here's what's really sad; I have a masters in education. I could teach college, but I would probably be limited to teaching students how to be teachers. I'm way too burned out to fake any measure of enthusiam! I feel like my degree is really limiting. Right now something as mundane as filing papers all day sounds good to me, but I can't imagine wasting away at minimum wage! I need a job that is mindless, but pays well!! I don't think they make those! I need to heal my burn-out!
April 18, 2006
file clerk, paper records, solicitors usually have clerk jobs,

in fact a file clerk is my dream job, not many people, me and records, and cross referencing them, and re filing.. heaven

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
sprogless
April 18, 2006
Hi, Sherz, have you considered real estate? Maybe you could charge breeders a higher commission rate...
Sherz
April 18, 2006
Filing is a beautiful thing. So peaceful.
April 19, 2006
isnt it just. and the bonus is, you can usually have the freedom, as well

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.