Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1232 housewives

Posted by DD 
DD
1232 housewives
April 17, 2006
Claire Fox, director of the Institute of Ideas in London, said: “What makes a happy marriage is likely to be people engaging with each other. If the full extent of your relationships with the external world is the toddlers’ group, daytime TV and ironing, it has got its limits.”

Great quote!!! That's a keeper..
CF Scorpio
Re: 1232 housewives
April 17, 2006
Scary...it's almost like Betty Friedan never wrote "The Feminine Mystique"...
Water Lily
April 17, 2006
Yeah, like enough of making the damn brat the center of their freakn' universe.
CF Uter
April 17, 2006
I know, I feel like I imagined the 70's feminist movement and I was the only one paying attention.....

And that quote is oh so right on the money. I went out w/ my PNB friend the other day. She is intelligent and actually finally went back to work b/c she wanted to " use both sides of her brain". But, her mommiedom has made her pretty one dimensional. She didn't know one thing I was talking about the whole evening. NOt complicated subjects either: Jon Stewart, satellite radio, Dove products, normal stuff.

She just knows getting up in the AM, rushing her kyds to 2 different schools, coming back, watching her aunt watch soaps, rushing back to schools, rushing to soccer, swimming, baseball , doctor appts and b-day parties, meal time, homework and bedtimes. Then she might allow herself to watch the Sopranoes once a week. Talk about limited!!!!!
April 17, 2006
the original feminsts wanted equality, which i am for, but the ones now, want it all, moodom, jobs, and walking wallets (no father figures in the kids lives) thats the NEW feminism.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
April 17, 2006
It doesn't require an education to sit at home and sprog instead of work for a living. Since moos are useless in the workplace, they are better off rotting at home than going to work to demand day care, mooternity leave and their share of the work done by CF people.

CF Uter
April 17, 2006
Yes, I rather keep the moos at home too, so the rest of us (men or women) who truly want to be productive in the workplace, will be. And, not covering for them and seeing them get a bunch of perks for having flesh drop out of their cunts.
April 18, 2006
But the problem is that those bitches give ALL women a bad name. Employers will never admit it, because it's illegal, but I'm sure they'd rather not hire women of child-bearing age because chances are they'll get knocked up at any moment - hell, some are even repugnant (but not showing) when they get hired. And then it's "oh, by the way, I'll be going on moo leave soon". Grrr!
CF Uter
April 18, 2006
I agree, they must hate it. I know if I was in charge I would n't hire them and find some other excuse so I wouldn't get sued. My boss here seems to be relieved when the moos finally just quit to be SAHMs because he is sick of all the juggling he has to do to cover their ups and downs in their schedules and workloads.

He acts like he understands because he has kyds too, but you can see the relief in his body language when he says good bye.
sushinutz
April 18, 2006
catmeow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It doesn't require an education to sit at home and
> sprog instead of work for a living. Since moos are
> useless in the workplace, they are better off
> rotting at home than going to work to demand day
> care, mooternity leave and their share of the work
> done by CF people.
>
>

Absolutely. I would prefer these people opt out of the workplace. I currently work with a Dhud who is useless, non-productive, and uses the "I'm on kid time" as an excuse for everything. He's spent 40 years on this planet and didn't know having a toddler at home would be difficult.

Anonymous User
April 18, 2006
Real feminists said "equal pay for equal work", moos don't do as much work since they're on 'kid time', so obviously, less pay. Same goes for men who always skip out for 'kid time'.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.