Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breeder white trash loses trailer home- in a crash!

Posted by Rose Red 
Breeder white trash loses trailer home- in a crash!
November 19, 2008
http://www.kentucky.com/181/story/597604.html
Re: Breeder white trash loses trailer home- in a crash!
November 19, 2008
I can't remember reading a story with so many WEIRD details. It almost reads like Faulkner in its cinematic floridness...

A guy nicknamed "Pancake"?
A gramma at age 35 (she looks it, too)?
A thwarted cherry pie theft?
A chain-smoking sheriff with an R-rated election slogan?
"Unofficially adopted kids"?!
Cows eating insulation?
Birds thudding into windows (kinda irrelevant detail)?

Talk about a strange one!
November 19, 2008
Man, this is straight out of "Redneck TV". White trash never fail to amaze me.
Don't they say ignorance of the law is no excuse...

The loss of a home is atrocious for anyone.
These hillbillies can sure accumalate fuck tropheys.
November 19, 2008
Wow, what a waste of skin these breeders are.
200 dollars to move your entire home and it's contents? Who in their right mind does that and expects anything good to come of it?
12 people LIVING together in a single wide? Is there some reason they prefer HELL as a living environment?

I say Go Dick.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
November 19, 2008
clematis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't remember reading a story with so many
> WEIRD details. It almost reads like Faulkner in
> its cinematic floridness...
>
...Or a David Lynch film!
November 19, 2008
This type of shit is all too common in Kentucky, where I currently reside. Our whole town is already abuzz at how "sad" this was and that the sheriff is "mean", and what all collection efforts can be made to help this "famblee". There are PLENTY of trailers, just like this one, that dot the countryside in the hills of Kentucky and I can not IMAGINE anyone with the least semblance of common sense thinking that they could be safely dragged down a highway from the back of a tractor. A famblee of "12" in a single wide trailer which typically has one small bedroom at each end with a bath, a kitchen/den/dining combo area in the center, and occasionally an extra "bedroom" the size of a walk in closet in the hallway, jeeeez. This is so typical of the white trash hillbillies who live in rurul areas. They are not necessarily all stupid, but they absolutely do NOT think ahead or make even half way decent decisions regarding their "homes".

She paid 5k for that piece of shit and I daresay it was worth half of that, maybe. The housing market is in such a major slump in small towns such as where she was moving, that she could have and SHOULD have paid 2-3k down on a house, and her payments could likely have been about $300 a month or so which the other half of her trailer down payment would have paid for a WHOLE year of mortgage payments. Surely with TWELVE people living there and four of them being adults and likely on welfare or SSI, they could have found a way to make a payment on an abode that wouldn't fall apart in the fucking street. I have known hillbillies around here get accident settlements in excess of 50k and inside of 3 months they have spent it and STILL have nothing. I know a woman who works at the welfare office here who says she sees it on a regular basis. Someone comes in and applies for food stamps when less than 6 months prior, they had 75-100k in their hands. I have also known hillbillies who qualify for a home loan of say, 90k. Rather than buying a stickbuilt house, they buy a "brand new trailer", which will lose value the minute it's driven off the lot, because they like the "new house smell" and they like peeling stickers off, I suppose.

It KILLS me, that with the funds having been made available for a home mortgage, that ANYONE would pay 70-100k for a trailer, but they do on a regular basis and this is the kind of thing they end up with either sooner or later. It blows my mind. That woman looks 55, rather than 35 too. That pic of her wailing with despair is quite a common sight down in Alabama/Mississippi/Florida too when tornados demolish trailers EVERY year. Insurance pays them and they trot on down to the SAME mobile home sales lot, buy another one just like it, only new, and go park it in the exact same place. I know one famblee who has lost THREE trailers since the 1970's due to their living in tornado alley. It makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever to me. There is nothing wrong with living in a manufactured home, but WHY would you BUY one IF you could have bought a stickbuilt house for a similar amount? The only thing I can figure is that they want new, bigger, and flashy, as most white trash seem to like.

The only time it makes sense to buy a manufactured over stickbuilt is when it's dirt cheap and you can pay it off right away or rather soon, and it comes with land and is already set up. IMHO.
November 19, 2008
Evidently not all of the people are even related....
November 19, 2008
married with rabbits Wrote:
> Bwahahah, you crack me up Kim. For the record, I
> do live in single wide--with a bedroom on each
> end, a living room that's open to a kitchen in the
> middle, and yes, the small bedroom in the hallway.
> I rent in a trailer park in Alabama (could we get
> anymore cliche?!). I'm also barefoot right now as
> we speak, but not pregnant. Luckily a decent real
> estate company manages this place and requires
> credit and background checks to live here. We have
> a few asses (like the ones just evicted), but
> generally this place is quiet and people keep to
> themselves.
>
> And again, I'm thinking, 12 people??? There is a
> family (families??) of mexicans a few trailers
> down and I'm very curious how many people live
> there. I don't even know how many kids they have
> as I rarely see the children, which is a tad
> unusual for mexicans AND trailer parks.

I too once lived in a near identical trailer in a near identical park in South Alabama. My rent was half what a similar sized apartment cost and the management didn't put up with any riff raff either. If you didn't cut your patch of grass then the park did it for you and added it to the rent. However, when I decided where I was going to live for an extended period of time, had a down payment saved, and an approval for a homeloan, I bought a house, which is what a normal, rational, and sensible person would do under similar circumstances. Sure, I could have bought a BRAND NEW triple wide deluxe model with 2500 square feet, garden jetted tubs with double shower heads, his and her vanities, 5 bedrooms and 3 baths, a built in sauna, walk in closets, crystal chandeliers, formal dining room, and all new appliances, but I bought a smaller stickbuilt house in need of some minor repairs and cosmetic work. I suppose I traded in that "new house smell" and flashy accessories for a solid INVESTMENT, and a house that wouldn't likely blow away during one of our many tornados. When I sold the house I also made a profit, rather than owing the bank money too. (Like often happens to fancy trailer buyers when they sell)

Many years later, I actually bought a trailer after I inherited some land. I bought a used one that was in foreclosure at a DIRT CHEAP price. It didn't have that "new car smell" anymore, but it was in average condition. This was about 1990 and including LICENSED, INSURED, and BONDED set up and delivery, AND brick underpinning tossed in with a small deck, I paid $17k for it. Oh, I COULD have paid 50-70 (at that time) for a BRAND NEW trailer, but why? I lived there until my reason for living there was over and sold it for $53k. I would have not gotten a DIME more out of it had it been a BRAND NEW trailer when I bought it, because it would have depreciated in value and land is only worth so much. I was not in the real estate profession at this time either. So, this leads me to believe that this was basic, every day, simple, logical, and what SHOULD be common sense for an average adult with even a 6th grade education.

This is why I think it is cultural mentality to pay 100k for a fancy smancy trailer vs 75k for a middle class stickbuilt house, rather than stupidity, although sometimes I wonder.
November 20, 2008
Seriously. Stupid is as stupid does.

What a fucking train wreck.

Feh Wrote:
> Wow, what a waste of skin these breeders are.
> 200 dollars to move your entire home and it's
> contents? Who in their right mind does that and
> expects anything good to come of it?
> 12 people LIVING together in a single wide? Is
> there some reason they prefer HELL as a living
> environment?
>
> I say Go Dick.
November 20, 2008

Seriously. Stupid is as stupid does.

What a fucking train wreck.

Feh Wrote:
> Wow, what a waste of skin these breeders are.
> 200 dollars to move your entire home and it's
> contents? Who in their right mind does that and
> expects anything good to come of it?
> 12 people LIVING together in a single wide? Is
> there some reason they prefer HELL as a living
> environment?
>
> I say Go Dick.

Mmmm-hmmm... They got what they deserve as far as I'm concerned.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login