Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OT - I'm back from Egypt everyone!!

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
OT - I'm back from Egypt everyone!!
November 21, 2008
Hello again, everyone!! I'm back from my trip and WOW was it ever amazing! Simply indescribable - the people I met, the things I saw, the experiences I had.

We took a hot air ballon at sunrise over Luxor and the River Nile. Beautiful. I also smoked sheesha at the sheesha (hookah -water pipe) bars with the locals a few times all dressed in my best sparkly hijabs.

The Egyptians are very nice, hospitable people and I think I may have converted a few of the educated Muslim men (tour guides) that I hung out with with my CF theories - apparently a view not ever heard by them before! LOL. Many of them said I was worth a million camels for this.

They also were cool enough to say "Hey, spermandapaycheck, guess where I'm taking you tomorrow? To an AFT. (Long pause) .... Another Fucking Temple." I jumped up and danced with the entertainers more times than I can count, they loved it. Good times.

Also, visited a Nubian village and got some photos that I swear are National Georgraphic worthy. They are of me and this dark, but blue -eyed male teenager who spoke not one word of English. We're just hanging out, laughing and talking through hand motions while looking at my digital camera pics together. Also did a jeep safari tour and hung out on the Red Sea for 3 nights. Glorious. Went into the city all dressed up for a fancy meal with my tour guide Mohammed and felt VERY cosmopolitan....even got him to drink a glass of wine. I am so bad. I felt very lucky and smug to be CF and have these experiences that the moomies will NEVER have.

Sorry to put this on this board, but I thought you guys might not see it on the Patio. To make this relevent, there were NO KIDS in sight for 15 days!!!... and NO ONE on this group tour even MENTIONED their kids. How awesome it was...AND my friend and I weren't even asked if we had kids. I guess people that do these kind of adventourous travels are not quite like the stupid breeders we talk about on here. Even if they have kids, they also have a LIFE.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Re: OT - I'm back from Egypt everyone!!
November 21, 2008
Girl,

Thanks for sharing your WONDERFUL adventure with us! I enjoyed hearing about it. It's also refreshing to know that there are places to visit which are not "kiddie friendly".
November 21, 2008
Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!!
November 21, 2008
The world's a truly wonderful place.... thanks to adults being in charge and completely setting aside their children.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
November 21, 2008
Wow, sounds like you had an incredible time!
November 21, 2008
Spermandapaycheck, you are truly awesome! Wow....I'm quite envious of your amazing trip to Egypt. I've always wanted to visit. I have this obsession with all things ancient Egyptian, and ever since I was young, I swore I'd visit the country one day. Your vivid descriptions of your fun trip really entices me all the more to make my dream a reality.

The 'AFT' joke had me cracking up! So did the million camels comment.

You have every reason to feel lucky and smug...not one of the moomies I know would be able to afford or even take an adventure like that. And no kids in sight for 15 days? Heaven!!

Welcome back!
Anonymous User
November 21, 2008
Thanks all...I just caught a mistake in my post... I went to a Bedouin tent village. Not Nubian. The Nubians I hung out with in Edfu, but not in their village per se. I actually skipped that tour. We also sailed on a felucca at sunset while the Nubians (more African-looking) drummed, sang and danced with us. I said in line "I believe this is my first 'felucca'...and the funny guy from Connecticut in front of me said 'Well, in public anyway'" Classic.
Anonymous User
November 21, 2008
Rats, that is exactly why I went. Wanted to since I wrote it on my "bucket list"" as a teenager. I actually wrote "Ride a camel past the Great Pyramids' and WE DID...FIRST DAY! I've got great pics of us side by side on our camels holding our hands up in the air together in triumph. Very cool feeling.

My friend and I turned 40 almost a year ago and we figured, why not go now... what are we waiting for, to be older and not have as much energy and therefore fun? So we just jumped in and booked it. Definitely think about going.
November 21, 2008
Welcome back.
Sounds like you had a blast.
November 21, 2008
Wow! NO KIDS and NO ONE mentioning theirs?! Forget the pyramids, that's even MORE amazing! Glad you had a wonderful time and got to cross that off your little ol' list.
November 22, 2008
Welcome back! I would love to see some of your photos from the trip. Egypt sounds awesome.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login