Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Irritating Personalized License Plate

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
Irritating Personalized License Plate
December 03, 2008
On our way home from Maine Saturday, I spied a license plate that really annoyed me. LOL

It said, "GRAPPA"

After saying it in my head a bunch of times, and wondering what the fuck it meant, it dawned on me. It was the ill-pronounced word GRANDPA. Some stupid, illiterate little child out there, calling his grandfather GRAPPA, grandparents thought it KEUTE and thought it appropriate for a license plate. What a bunch of fucking losers.
The Phan
Re: Irritating Personalized License Plate
December 03, 2008
Maybe they're Greek and a fan of the liqueur? Prolly not, though.
December 03, 2008
I HATE THAT SHIT! While I have been spared seeing it on a license plate, it annoys me to NO end how Grandmoos and Peepaws just get tickled pink at the "cute" and STUPID names that their grandbrats call them. It's as if the kyd is too stupid or a late developer communication-wise to actually say, "GRANDMOTHER", or "GRANDFATHER", or somehow doesn't pick up on other kyds saying the more common, "Maw Maw", or "Grandma", etc......but instead something idiotic comes out of it's mouth like, "PEEPAW", or "MAMA-NANA", or some other such nonsense, the grandmoos/peepaws just squeal with delight, which only further re-enforces the kyds' mispronunciation and perpetuates it. Then, after they have rewarded the stupid kyd for saying "Mommymaw", instead of "Grandma" and it continues to say it until it's 14, they ALWAYS claim that the grandbrat insisted on calling them that like it's something "special", when it's nothing more than learned behavior.

My mother takes special delight in that her grandbrats call her "Mana" and STILL goes on and on about how that's just what they WANTED to call her and it's an outright lie, because I was sitting right there when she perpetuated this bullshit. The kyd wasn't 8 months old before she was FORCING her to say "Grandma" and the first time the kyd said, "Mana" instead, it was written in stone. She just giggled like a schoolgirl and thought that was the cutest thing she had ever heard in her fucking life. If she had waited until the child could have formed a word properly, then she would be saying "Grandma" like a normal person instead of this "Mana" nonsense at nearly ten years of age. That same kyd can say "Kim" just fine, but then I didn't force her to say my name before she was physically able to either.

The mother in law is the same way with this "NANA" bullshit. When I hear kyds say, "Peepaw, meemaw, meemie, peepie, nana, mana, mom-mom, ga ga da da, ..etc" it just makes my skin crawl.
December 03, 2008
Exactly, those cutsie names are so fucking stupid. I hate cutsie names kids and parents use for ANYTHING. Just call it what it is already.

My mom didn't do the cutsie name thing. Our parents'-parents were Nanny and Pop. My great-grandmother was Grammy. I can see calling your grandparents something ethnic (Baba, etc.) but these dumb assed little names just further lower their IQ.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login