Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

An annoying article...

Posted by CherryBlossom 
An annoying article...
December 06, 2008
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/parenting/exclusive-from-elle-what-terrifies-beyonc-eacute-childbirth-323687/

Exclusive from Elle: What terrifies Beyoncé? Childbirth

It's hard to imagine Beyoncé Knowles afraid of anything. She gives off this strong, serious, take-no-prisoners vibe, all while looking flawlessly gorgeous and approachable. But can we hate her? Not a chance. Not even when she has some questionable fashion moments.

But in the January issue of Elle, the R&B singer and actress reveals one big fear: childbirth. Says Mrs. Jay-Z, "...I saw my nephew being born. That traumatized me."

If I had witnessed a baby's birth prior to having my own kids, I think I would have been pretty freaked out as well. It's not pretty. Until you get that baby in your arms, of course.

Maybe Beyoncé needs to channel her alter ego, Sasha Fierce, to get past her labor and delivery angst because good grief, we know her baby with Jay-Z would be downright adorable. And imagine how Beyoncé would rock maternity clothes.

And when it comes to her marriage, Beyoncé admits she and Jay-Z have a "power struggle." But she digs it because it shows strength in character. Otherwise...she'd be bored. Guess what? We believe her.

Check out these snippets from her interview:

On marriage to Jay-Z: It’s a power struggle. But if I didn’t respect someone and they didn’t have that strength, then I would be bored. I wouldn’t be attracted to them.”

On having kids: I’m terrified of having a child. “No way! I’m terrified of delivering a child because I saw my nephew being born. That traumatized me. I’m only 27. I’ve got time”

How her latest role, playing Etta James in "Cadillac Records," took an emotional toll on her personal life: “My mom had to leave the set. I don’t normally curse. Maybe twice a year. I have to be really livid. Somebody saying things or scheduling something where I’m not in control. It was freeing, but it was also the most emotionally draining time of my life. Every day I would come home; my eyes would be completely swollen”

You can read more of the interview with Beyoncé over at Elle, where, yes, she looks flawlessly gorgeous.
Re: An annoying article...
December 07, 2008
Why couldn't the writer of this article spend more time on Beyonce's role in "Cadillac Records" than composing such stupid swill about how she should pop out a loaf?
December 07, 2008
Maybe she is really CF, but is using the "I was traumatized by my nephew's birth" as an excuse. Most breeders think that childbirth and everything surrounding it is booootifulllllllllll. If this is all it takes, then I think that it should be REQUIRED that ALL females of childbearing age who haven't sprogged yet, watch Michelle Duggar pop out number 18. If THAT doesn't do the trick, then I can't imagine what would.
December 07, 2008
married with rabbits Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I saw the filmed version
> of her giving birth to number 16 (I think) and
> she's all 'Thank you Jesus' 'Thank you Father'
> throughout.

At this point, she probably doesn't even feel pain anymore. I bet the baybees just slide right out of there.
December 07, 2008
The girl better watch out for a baby's flesh.

A baby's flesh is biologically designed to instantly turn a reluctant woman into a milk-spewing, placenta-brained brood sow gushing with maternal love and baybee rabies the second she comes into close contact with a naked, bloodied newborn.

eye rolling smiley

No need for the dearie to add more to the new generation of already spoiled Hollywood princes/princesses, BTW.
December 08, 2008
Beyonce is TIRED. Who cares what she thinks about anything? She's product, manufactured by her parents. She knows it, which is where she came up with this "Sasha Fierce" crap.
barbara
December 08, 2008
I cannot stand the morons who are eager to see beautiful celebrities spawn because they 'know' they'll make beautiful children with their spouses or boyfriend/girlfriend.

I'm also sick of the media placing so much emphasis on celebrities good looks and not on their talents(at least the ones who can really act or sing).
December 08, 2008
Seconding Jay Z being ugly as shit.
December 08, 2008

Beyonce is TIRED. Who cares what she thinks about anything? She's product, manufactured by her parents. She knows it, which is where she came up with this "Sasha Fierce" crap.

I second this, the fact that Jay Z is butt ugly and Hollywood's recent need to concentrate on celebs sprogging "beautiful" children. Why does the world need this? I guess some people are that bored with their own lives...
December 08, 2008
Frankly, I don't give a good god damned about Beyonce. I *personally* think she is just another talentless hack in Hollyweird. Why does the media think that people care about this shit? I know, I know, empty lives, filling a void, living vicariously..........

Ya know what terrifies me? Having my taxes raised to spread the fucking wealth. Losing my job in this shit economy. Is that news?
Anonymous User
December 08, 2008
barbara Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I cannot stand the morons who are eager to see
> beautiful celebrities spawn because they 'know'
> they'll make beautiful children with their spouses
> or boyfriend/girlfriend.
>
> I'm also sick of the media placing so much
> emphasis on celebrities good looks and not on
> their talents(at least the ones who can really act
> or sing).

Probably because most of them are placenta brains themselves and the only way they relate to the world is through their gonads. Men don't seem to be wired the same which probably accounts for why they stay away from their sow wives.
CJ
December 08, 2008
My hubby has a theory on why so many cover stories on celebrity sprogging: it's the economy, stupid!tongue sticking out smiley When things are going downhill financially, we have to "grow the economy." What's the best way to do that? More sprogs, of course! He's got a point.

I do think there's a secondary reason, though. It's a reminder to all us "uppity" women that, no matter what else we do in life, our primary purpose is childrearing. And look at all the celebs who prove that, with their inane comments on how "worth it" being a moo is. Nicole Kidman, Skankalina Jolie, ad nauseam. It sure is tiresome!:yeah
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login