Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

damn brats begging in stores and on streets

Posted by Theresa 
I am sick and tired of these little bastards shaking a can in my face everywhere I go! At the supermarket, they are "canning" as they call it for brats cheerleading or band. Then there is another group begging at the outside entrance to the store.

What's worse is the bastards that "can" on the street corner intersections. When cars stop for red lights the little bags of shit go car to car shaking a can and mumble about supporting their damn sports crap.

If these overgrown crotch rockets want to play sports, let the goddamned parents pay! Why the fuck should I part with my hard earned money for their fucking enjoyment! If they want to raise money for their teams, let them WORK for the money. Wash cars, have bake sales, do SOMETHING! I have written my supermarkets about my disgust with these little bastards begging.

My god people are being stretched to the limit with today's economy. You spend ungodly amounts of money for groceries, and then are expected to drop your last few coins in a can for Shitford's soccer!

I do not however, mind legitimate charities collecting outside of stores. I do donate to things like veterans affairs, animal charities, and the local cancer hospital.
Re: damn brats begging in stores and on streets
December 07, 2008
I have NO problem saying no. I'm especially abrupt with the salvation Army people who hit you on you way out of the grocery store, let alone cheerleading and soccer. I had to tell my sil that I couldn't subidize my niece's monthly cash beg. I mean, really, do they need some of these activities?
Cheese Louise
December 07, 2008
I hate begging of all kinds in front of stores. It's intrusive and puts the shopper in the difficult position of saying no when accosted. The Salvation Army bell-ringing thing annoys me in a different way. While they don't outright ASK for money, the bell-ringers always seem to be handicapped. The other day there was one at the grocery store entrance, a young man who was obviously severely disabled, slumped in a wheelchair and ringing his bell. SHAME on whoever puts these people out there to be objects of pity and to guilt people into donating. It's pathetic.
December 07, 2008
Cheese Louise Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hate begging of all kinds in front of stores.
> It's intrusive and puts the shopper in the
> difficult position of saying no when accosted. The
> Salvation Army bell-ringing thing annoys me in a
> different way. While they don't outright ASK for
> money, the bell-ringers always seem to be
> handicapped. The other day there was one at the
> grocery store entrance, a young man who was
> obviously severely disabled, slumped in a
> wheelchair and ringing his bell. SHAME on whoever
> puts these people out there to be objects of pity
> and to guilt people into donating. It's pathetic.

Wow, Lou. That IS a low blow.
The sound from the Salvation Army's bell ringing hurts my ears so I push my cart FAST to get away from them and get to my car.
December 07, 2008
I hate the begging in front of entrances or at exits to stores, restaurants, and malls as well. Like Deegee says, that bell ringing is highly obnoxious and I do my best to get away from it as fast as possible. EVEN IF I was going to put some money in the pail, which I am not, there is no way I could get that close to that shrill and constant bell ringing, as it would give me a SPLITTING headache. I ALSO hate it when the cashier at a retail outlet announces my total and then adds,"Would you like to donate a dollar (or the change) for a needy famblee's heating bill this winter", or whatever. NO I would not, TYVM. No one (other than famblee/close friends) ever gave me a damned thing and I intend to return the favor.

I have always wondered why these people don't ask their FAMBLEES for help, but then I finally figured that one out. It's because their FAMBLEES are "needy" too, as they are 2nd and 3rd generational "needy" famblees. Don't these people EVER learn? If they would simply STOP having baybees, maybe these charities could cross their names off the "needy famblee" lists, instead of printing out their names in indelible ink.
December 07, 2008
Theresa Wrote:
> If these overgrown crotch rockets want to play
> sports, let the goddamned parents pay! Why the
> fuck should I part with my hard earned money for
> their fucking enjoyment!

Exactly! Especially when most people have either lost their jobs or are afraid they might at any moment. Sports and sprog activities are NOT necessities!

That's like what I posted in another thread: some little teen bitch was asking for "donations" for a "field trip"... to SPAIN! Excuse me? Talk about a luxury!

I ALSO hate it when the cashier at a retail outlet announces my total and then adds,"Would you like to donate a dollar(...)?"

Ooh, I hate that too! They put you on the spot and make you look like a cold-hearted monster in front of all the other customers if you say no. (Though I do hear a lot of people saying no, or saying "I've already donated".)
CFBitchfromLA
December 07, 2008
Some fucking brat was standing in front of the stupidmarket this morning demanding money for some activity. I noticed the brat was wearing expensive jeans and $300 boots. I said no and Shittina started bawling. I got in my car and drove off with a smile on my face. Any brat whose breeders can afford that kind of designer kiddie shit does not need money from me.
December 07, 2008
> I ALSO hate it when the cashier at a retail outlet
> announces my total and then adds,"Would you like
> to donate a dollar(...)?"
>
> Ooh, I hate that too! They put you on the spot and
> make you look like a cold-hearted monster in front
> of all the other customers if you say no. (Though
> I do hear a lot of people saying no, or saying
> "I've already donated".)

tongue sticking out smiley I ALWAYS say, "Not today". Outright just saying "No" wouldn't work for me because there is no way I could keep the tone of animosity out of my voice, which the cashier would likely think is directed towards her. I figure that she already has a shitty enough time with being made to beg all day without any crap from me. If I said, "I already donated", that would be a blatant lie and I don't really like to lie, although I have been known to on occasion. By saying, "Not today", I am not lying, but I also won't have any animosity in my voice because I am too busy chuckling on the inside at how that sentence would end, should I actually ever complete it. I am always looking forward to the day when a smart ass or gung ho cashier summons the balls to say something like, "When will you then, if not today?".

I would laugh and say, "Oh sorry, I should have completed that sentence. NOT TODAY or ANY day will I donate to sorry, lazy, and worthless people who are too stupid to keep their legs closed or their pants zipped. Does that clear the matter up for you?"
December 07, 2008
It doesn't bother me in the least to say no--to bell ringers, cashiers, or even charities that call me to beg for money.

And if I get a funny look (or silence on the line) from that response, then I'll add, "but thank you for asking." Now they're really confused and don't know if I'm serious or not, so I can walk away (or hang up) while they're still trying to figure out what just happened.
Oh yes I forgot about how the cashiers want you to donate a dollar to some crap at the supermarket. That just happened to me me this afternoon. I spent $54 on groceries and barely got anything for my money plus I'm supposed to feed welfare whores on top of that.

I said "not today" and luckily nothing else was said about it.

How much do you want to bet if I was in the position of being needy that same community food bank that wants my money would not help me out because I don't have a fucking brat.
December 07, 2008
I do my donations in private, and hate to be accosted at the checkout line with "Do you want to donate a dollar to...XXX today?" I do realize that the cashiers are probably required to ask so I am polite and just say, "Oh, not today." Not till I check out the charity on Charity Navigator and find out how much is siphoned off into executive salaries, thank you. I'll make my own decisions on whom to donate to and I don't respond to strong-arm tactics like doorway pleaders or checkout entreaties.
I just dealt with this shit a few days ago. I went to buy a gift at Barnes & Noble and the checkout chick asked if I wanted to donate a book (ie pay $3 extra dollars) to some brats. Why the heck are these kids getting BRAND NEW free books, I don't even get new books! It's not like a used book can't be read confused smiley Have these welfare whores never heard of a freaking library? I just told them I'd already made all my donations this year, which is true, I gave soley to animal charities grinning smiley .

Kaia
December 08, 2008
Animal charities is where it's at.
December 08, 2008
married with rabbits Wrote:
> Kaia Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I just dealt with this shit a few days ago. I
> went
> > to buy a gift at Barnes & Noble and the
> checkout
> > chick asked if I wanted to donate a book (ie
> pay
> > $3 extra dollars) to some brats. Why the heck
> are
> > these kids getting BRAND NEW free books, I
> don't
> > even get new books! It's not like a used book
> > can't be read confused smiley Have these welfare whores
> never
> > heard of a freaking library?
>
> That's what I'm saying. I have a pile of vintage
> hardcover children's books from my childhood (and
> my brother's). These little stories are out of
> print, but deemed rubbish when it comes to any
> charitable donation.

Yeah, we wouldn't want them to have anything "old". That reminds me of when some brat piano student of my mother's had the GALL to sit a cherry icee on top of her piano, which I informed the little bastard that it was a 1929 Steinway and he said, "If it's so old, I can't hurt it then". I was only a kyd myself, but I grew to hate talentless, stupid, ignorant, little bastards like this at an early age. I blame having to deal with mother's wandering asshole music students for a great deal of my hatred toward brats. She had a SEPARATE studio for them to wait on their siblings, do homework, etc......but the little bastards would sneak into our living areas, go through our cabinets, change our tv channels, and once, I found this little whore IN MY ROOM on my private phone line. I have hated bratty kyds since I was a kyd myself, and my feelings have only deepened, the older I get. They don't appreciate shit, because their parents don't appreciate anything and they have never been taught a damned thing.

These are the type of people who would rather have a shiny new SUV than some "old" 1960's Corvette convertible. I honestly don't know how they can stand to live with their own ignorance.
December 08, 2008
My nieces are alwys hitting us up for a donation. I tell them , that I pay a lot in taxes and my taxes fund their education, so I that is my donation.

I get so angry when parents expect others to fund their kids dance team, soccer team, or any other elected event.
I fund their damn education, isn't that enough?
December 08, 2008
Over the years I have bought books, magazines, pots o' cheese(gross), candy, plastic ware, donuts, cookies, cases of Cokes, ornaments, holiday greeting cards, and cookie/candy tins from cousins's kyds, neighbors' kyds, and various neices and nephews as they are ALWAYS selling something. Yet, the schools STILL hit communities up for new athletic equipment, uniforms, playground equipment, etc.....What EXACTLY are they spending our school taxes on? They certainly are'nt paying the teachers anyhere near enough. Now, everybody is too "skeered" to let their kyds go door to door to sell, so MOOMIES do the sales and harrass people at work, in the neighborhood, at church, etc.....These kyds don't do ANYTHING but play on the GameBoy while moomie collects the money for their monthly field trip for an African Safari, Lunch at a nice Bistro in Venice, or maybe an Alaskan cruise.

These kyds are getting WAY more than they need and are doing WAY less to earn it. If they have already sailed around the world before they reach puberty, what in the HELL will they think is an appropriate "vacation" when they are an adult?
December 08, 2008
I usually just walk on by the bell ringers and charity whores. The best is when they act all friendly and say hello... I just say 'hi' right back to them and keep on walkin'.

The ONLY time I donate a dollar at the cash register is at PetCo. I love pets, fuck the rest!
Anonymous User
December 09, 2008
I donate to Veterans and animal charities of MY choice. I received (lucky me) in the mail last week, a SECOND NOTICE from my STEP-nephewS begging me to order magazines from them for their school fund-raising garbage. And, the 2nd notice stated that: "HURRY, IT'S YOUR L A S T CHANCE"!! Eww Eww, let me scribble out a check and drop my order in the mail, QUICK!!....
December 09, 2008
I can't stand being accosted at the grocery store and ESPECIALLY in my car at stoplights. There's a big intersection near me that gets hit with that crap a lot, and if I know someone is pan-handling there I go the back way to avoid it.
I never had a hard time saying no, but it has become even easier as someone is now begging EVERY WEEKEND by the stores or on the street or at the bus terminal, or even at the registars the cashiers now HAVE to ask, "do you want to give to the Bratley Diabetes Cancer Society?". It is constant. They have put all those charties, breeder or not, on overload, so there is just too much.

Since it is overkill, they have burned me out even if I wanted to give.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login