Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vehicular stereotyping

Posted by M. Fission-Chipz 
M. Fission-Chipz
Vehicular stereotyping
April 18, 2006
Those ad campaigns irritate me too. I know a CF couple who have a minivan.
They frequently travel with more stuff than will fit into anything smaller.
My wife and I rented a minivan for our last house move, and we plan to buy
one when my old Nissan pickup goes belly-up.
Re: Vehicular stereotyping
April 19, 2006
I am a Fashion Disaster despite being CF so there goes another stereotype of a childfree woman being this great Fashion Plate. I love sweats, funky pants with drawstrings, old sweaters,"wife beater" tank tops, dippy shirts, and old Birkenstocks. Hell, I would drive a mini-van if I got one for free that did not eat a ton of gas or broke down at every corner. I am so un-image conscious that it is not even funny!

:sw
KidFreeLuvnLife
April 19, 2006
SO and I are moving in together in a couple months and he wants to buy an SUV because we tow his boat, his quad, and the bike on occasion (he's been borrowing his brother's truck). I'm not really keen on getting an SUV because 1-they're HORRIBLE for the environment 2-gas guzzlers and 3-I DO NOT want to be looked at some moo driving an SUV!!!!!

How - or what brand of SUV - can we purchase so we won't look like breeders? I would honestly be embarrassed driving this thing.
Anonymous User
April 19, 2006
india_darshan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am a Fashion Disaster despite being CF so there
> goes another stereotype of a childfree woman being
> this great Fashion Plate. I love sweats, funky
> pants with drawstrings, old sweaters,"wife beater"
> tank tops, dippy shirts, and old Birkenstocks.
> Hell, I would drive a mini-van if I got one for
> free that did not eat a ton of gas or broke down
> at every corner. I am so un-image conscious that
> it is not even funny!

I got for either "scary evil business woman", sort of the Condi Rice look, or that 90's riot grrl look..or hockey jersies. Love my jersies. So comfy, and here it's sexy to wear them, even normal sized ones.
CFADinNYC
April 19, 2006
We also need a new SUV and definitely don't want a breeder machine! I think any of those BMW, Lexus or other overly expensive kind seem breederific. I was considering a Suburu - the outback or forrester but I heard a bunch of moo's talking and they all just got one and they love it. I wont be getting that. I was thinking of a Rav4 or a Honda. I need a smaller SUV.
Sherz
April 19, 2006
A hybrid SUV might work.
CF Uter
April 19, 2006
Of course, there are some CFs who drive SUVs/Minivans (usually because they truly NEED them, not like breeders who think they need them for the kid), and wear sweats, scrunchies, and other geekie things, but one way to tell them apart from the breeders is....they will never have that clueless, fatigued, deer-in-the-headlights look about them. That comes from deep inside a person once they breed. I see it at Target when I stop in a couple of times a year.

That we can't have in common with them since you can't put it on like a pair of stretched out sweats.

Sure, you'll see me at the grocery store w/ sweats on, I might be fooling myself, but I *still* think I look different than they do. It must be all the green leafy vegetables in my cart instead of Lunchables and Easy Mac that make the difference somehow. wink
CFADinNYC
April 19, 2006
It should be illegal to manufacture "Lunchables." Those meals are definitely contributing to childhood obesity! EW!!!

Look at this:

OSCAR MAYER
Cheesy Chips Nachos

Serving Size 125g
Servings per package 1
Amount Per Serving
Calories 380 Calories from Fat 190

% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21g   32 %
Saturated Fat 4.5g   22 %
Cholesterol 10mg   3 %
Sodium 1080mg   45 %
Total Carbohydrate 39g   13 %
Dietary Fiber 3g   12 %
Sugars 3g  
Protein 8g  
CF Scorpio
April 19, 2006
Fuck! I'm glad I haven't seen those ads because that would piss me off.
CF Uter
April 19, 2006
Typical moo response to above Lunchables:

wow! 8g of Protein and 3g fiber, my kyd is eating health food!!!!!
Water Lily
April 19, 2006
I would *NOT* want to drive some suv or minivan. (I hate them!) I drive a nice small car and I love it, it works for me. Oh and btw, I've driven a truck before, a chevy s-10 pickup! F*ckin' news to the Toyota asswholes!
Feh
April 19, 2006
Phew, I'm glad to know I'm not the only fashionless plate of a CF female. I am a slob, and proud of it. I don't own anything that's truely white anymore, and oftentimes am found mixing plaids with stripes. I wear short pants as much as possible, because I feel that the best part of my clothing collection is my vast array of halloween and cat themed socks. Don't even get me started on paring wacky roller derby knee highs, which are a necessity if you don't like skate burns on your shins, with miniskirts, to show off the derby related bruises.
I do clean up well when required.
Anonymous User
April 20, 2006
We've got a Honda Element. I love that thing. We've had it for a couple of years now and I still get people stopping me to ask about it.

Unless you need or lots more towing capacity or to seat more than 4, you might want to check it out.

Hubby's a big guy 6'3" and it's got LOTS of headroom (& fold up/removable back seats, etc.). He had a Saturn Vue as a rental on a recent business trip. Said it was really cramped.
April 20, 2006
i like 4 different cars, a 1958 plymouth fury, a delorean, a vw beetle, and daimler jag e type. those are the only cars i like. i am a slob too, if it still bends u wear it. if its walking about on its own beating up the dogs. then it needs a wash wink he he he

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
KidFreeLuvnLife
April 20, 2006
We Childfree pull off the "slob" look better than anyone because although what we may be wearing looks "sloppy," it's still interesting and stylish. We're always one step up. Feh, your sock collection sounds awesome!!!!

Moos on the other hand, their sloppy look just screams "I AM A STAY AT HOME MOO WITH NOTHING IN MY LIFE BESIDES DIAPERS, NOISE, STAINED CLOTHING, SHIT, A DIRTY HOME, LEAKY TITS, AND STRESS. SOMEBODY KILL ME!!!!!"
April 20, 2006
Feh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the best part of my clothing collection is my vast array of
> halloween and cat themed socks.

Hee! I have those too!

I hate dressing up, so it's usually jeans and a sweater. In my little 2-door coupe. To me, nothing says "NOT a breeder!" like that.
April 20, 2006
My car is way too old to scream "breeder" since no SAHM would tolerate a husband having her drive a vehicle that was made in the Eighties. I am a woman who pays my own rent...
Water Lily
April 20, 2006
When breeders wear sloppy clothes, it just shows that they have absolutely no time to get ready or for themselves...
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.