Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Chuck E Cheese and Beer

Posted by annie35 
Chuck E Cheese and Beer
December 10, 2008
The radio show this morning was discussing Chuck E Cheese, fights among breeders, and if the sale of beer caused this fighting.

I was surprised at the number of people who called in anti breeder and pro sale of beer, to tolerate the mini terrorist as some called them.

Most said the breeders fight at sprog sporting events and school, where there is no alcohol and that the sprogs are to blame for starting the fights, that breeders get defensive when another kid picks on their angel.

Most said ban the breeders and kids, keep the beer. Of course they were joking, but it got the point across.

Many said these breeders will fight over anything regarding their kid, regardless of the presence of booze.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
Re: Chuck E Cheese and Beer
December 10, 2008
Hearing comments like that give me hope that society is close to removing the rose colored glasses that they look at breeders with.
December 10, 2008
Totally agreed. Parents will KILL each other over who's kid is better, smarter, faster, more handicapped, more talented, prettier, who's birth was more painful, etc.........

And it's funny reading the mommy blogs; it's all roses and candy so long as they are patting each other on the backs and carrying 'round that crucifix. Soon as one disagrees, its all-out mommy wars with the name calling and playground logic.
December 10, 2008
The ONLY time I have been to a Chuck E.Cheese was back in the 80's when I was a teen to attend my younger sister's birthday party. At that time they had an entire section set up much like any neighborhood bar that served beer AND allowed smoking, which is where my mother stayed planted throughout the duration. It was standing room only in the "bar area" and since they didn't allow kyds through the door without an adult, I had to wonder WHO was driving all of those kyds home. Personally, I do not think that Chuck E. Cheese should sell beer. They had the brats and they can damn well sit through all of the bullshit like birthday parties for an hour or two without getting shitfaced, OR they can throw a party at home and drink until their heart is content.

They already show their asses at kiddie ballgames, kiddie competitions, and even over grades, so adding alcohol to the mix is just asking for trouble, IMO.
December 10, 2008
Over the years I've heard so many parents say it's all they can do to get in the door from work and get to the fridge for a beer/glass of wine. Yea, having kids does that to you!!!!! LOL

married with rabbits Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm all for adults wanting to have their adult fun
> but it's not ok for parents to be plastered all
> the time.
>
> I don't think my Chuck E Cheese serves beer
> anymore.
December 10, 2008
It is with a real sense of pride that I can say I've never been to Chuck E. Cheese, and not just because they don't serve beer.
Anonymous User
December 10, 2008
Ditto Tiquer, never been to one either thank GOD.

I do not agree with them serving beer and wine though; at least not from a moral and ethical perspective...HOWEVER, think of it this way my freinds: If they serve alcohol at kiddie-type places like Chuckie's, they'll stay the FUCK out of real bars so WE call all drink and socialize in peace!
Anonymous User
December 10, 2008
I have never been to (and don't plan) a chuck e cheese

No appeal, don't want to watch sprogss..
Also, and the beer snob in me comes out, all they have is B/M/C (bud/miller/coors) which are virtually tasteless lagers. (Brooklyn, Blue Point, Sam Adams have more flavor).
I go anywhere that I have a choice, I'm gonna pick a place with a good beer selection. And I do mean 'good'. (Craft beer)
December 10, 2008
I went there ONCE for a birthday party for a classmate when I was about 8 or so. I still remember it because I refused to stay in the party room with all the other kids because there were too many balloons. One of them popped and I was outta there. I had this big fear of balloons popping as a kid, the loud noise scared this shit outta me. This was only exacerbated by my lovely older brothers found great joy in chasing me around the house squeaking a balloon, cornering me and then popping it in my terrorized face. Meeemoorrriiieeezzz...

I'ma beer snob also, twocents. Thanks to my beer snob hubby, I can no longer stand Coors/Bud/Miller shit. They're like fucking water...ick.
December 10, 2008
I've never had the "pleasure" of going to a Chuck E. Cheese either, thank heavens. And like twocents, I like my beer local, microbrewed, dark, oaty, and towards the Bock end of the beer spectrum (dark, earthy, mushroomy). Mmm. Rather spend discretionary income on good beer than kindercrap, yay!
Anonymous User
December 11, 2008
Goose Island Bourbon County Stout...now THERE'S a beer.
The 2008 batch is good, but it needs aging.
December 11, 2008
clematis Wrote:
> I've never had the "pleasure" of going to a Chuck
> E. Cheese either, thank heavens. And like
> twocents, I like my beer local, microbrewed, dark,
> oaty, and towards the Bock end of the beer
> spectrum (dark, earthy, mushroomy). Mmm. Rather
> spend discretionary income on good beer than
> kindercrap, yay!

Clem, I don't even drink beer, and I STILL think discretionary income would be better spent on that than kindercrap! grinning smiley

I had the displeasure of going to a Chuck E. Cheese's twice - once when I was a kid, and another time when I decided to be a glutton for punishment and tag along with a friend to her kyd's birthday party there. I like video games so I tried to stick to the arcade as much as possible. But the idea of being a mom and going to places like this in my spare time makes me utterly shiver.
December 11, 2008
I had the distinct displeasure of going to a Chuck E. Cheeze about 4 years ago with my husband and his family. It was the last time the kids got to decide where we ate. Let me tell you, there are not enough drugs, legal or otherwise, in the world to get me back in that blinking, flashing, bleeping wasteland of humanity. If every Chuck E. Cheeze could be burned to the ground, and the earth salted so nothing grew there as a lesson to humanity about the horrors of catering to children, it would be the only benefit Chuck E. Cheeze would serve. The only thing that kept me from sawing at my wrists with a plastic knife, or stabbing my jugular with a plastic fork was the fact that I had unlimited access to Skeeball. I may not believe in any sort of higher power, but that experience cemented my belief that there is a very real and tangible Hell.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
December 11, 2008
Feh Wrote:
> I had the distinct displeasure of going to a Chuck
> E. Cheeze about 4 years ago with my husband and
> his family. It was the last time the kids got to
> decide where we ate. Let me tell you, there are
> not enough drugs, legal or otherwise, in the world
> to get me back in that blinking, flashing,
> bleeping wasteland of humanity. If every Chuck E.
> Cheeze could be burned to the ground, and the
> earth salted so nothing grew there as a lesson to
> humanity about the horrors of catering to
> children, it would be the only benefit Chuck E.
> Cheeze would serve. The only thing that kept me
> from sawing at my wrists with a plastic knife, or
> stabbing my jugular with a plastic fork was the
> fact that I had unlimited access to Skeeball. I
> may not believe in any sort of higher power, but
> that experience cemented my belief that there is a
> very real and tangible Hell.

LOL!Thank you

I worked with a moomare once who was bitching because Chuck E. Cheese REFUSED to outright sell her one of those cheap and SHITTY "prizes" that they keep under the glass cases for kiddies to "redeem" with coupons that they "won" on any of their various games. The kyd didn't "win enough" and was wailing for the plastic Dino or whatever, but they wouldn't sell it to her. I don't remember much about when I went many years ago, but can't those coupons be bought and THEN traded for the cheap fair-like "prizes" I'd like to see a kyd pitch that same type of fit to one of those rough looking pothead roadies who operate game booths at the fairs and carnivals. He would probably shove the giant SpongeBob "prize" straight up that kyd's ass.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login