Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

You know how THEY are... A vent about my lovely morning...

Posted by Seacreature 
You know how THEY are... A vent about my lovely morning...
December 10, 2008
So I had a doctors appointment this morning. Needed to get a physical, it'd been a few years. I also needed to find out an alternative to birth control pills because I've been on them forever (12 years) and I'm tired of the fuckers. I'm looking into an IUD for about 5 years and then something more perminant.

Anyway, right before my 7:30 a.m. appointment that I'd told my boss and coworker about last week, I turn on my cell phone and get a message left last night by my coworker who is supposed to open every morning at 8:00 (she lives about 5 blocks from work but is late almost EVERY SINGLE morning because she has to drop her damn daughter off at school that's just as close to their home). Meanwhile, I live about 45 minutes to an hour away and do my best to get to work between 8:15 and 8:30. Well, it seems her obnoxious, six month old chocolate lab has somehow gotten puke all over herself and coworker will be late this morning because she has to take the dog to the vet to get the smelly barf groomed off.

Lemme fill you in a little on coworkers famblee... First off, they're stupid with dogs and animals in general. She is the typical breeder animal lover with a family who doesn't help because she has insisted on doing everything for them since she didn't work full time before this job. This poor dog is kept in a crate most of the day because everyone is gone. Coworker has to go home to let the poor dog pee and play a little. The dog is constantly bored and chews on shit, swallows shit, gets stomach upset and barfs pretty damn often. None of her stupid family are consistent with any sort of obedience training, the hubby is impatient and has a heart condition that he thinks is agitated by the dog... It's just fucking stupid. You get the picture.

Anyway, her message says she called my home last night, but didn't bother to leave a message on our machine. So she leaves one on my cell, that I'VE TOLD HER I TURN OFF AT NIGHT. She doesn't remember my appointment and doesn't even bother to call my home this morning to make sure I got the message from last night. She also tells me in the message that she called our boss, who OKAYED IT because she fucking forgot about my appointment also. Naturally, because she is too worried about building her fucking castle of a house... Ugh... I know I should have reminded them both before I went home last night. Stupid me thinks they actually WROTE IT DOWN when I emailed them about it. All I could do this morning was call my stupid boss and tell her I'd be there as soon as I could.

I should add that, in pure breeder quality fashion, coworker is going to be late again tomorrow because she's got the ol' teacher conference for her useless daughter. Yea, I remembered because we discussed this LAST WEEK WHEN I TOLD HER ABOUT MY FUCKING DOCTORS APPOINTMENT. So I'm all stressed and pissed by the time I see the doctor and I mentioned what happened with coworker and her dog emergency. I complain that I didn't understand why she HAD to take the dog to the VET to be washed and couldn't just wash the dog off herself last night, since this incident apparently happened at about 7:30 or so. Then, you know...take the dog to be washed AFTER WORK. The doctor says, "Oh, can't let fluffy be dirty, you know how THEY are... They put them ahead of people..." I just sort of said, "Uh huh...well, I sorta understand about animals..." Then I didn't want to waste my breath on the stupid bitch so I just uh-huhed and moved on. Yea, she says that after I tell her I don't want kids and want to get more permenant bc. I realize I'm too sensitive and this woman doesn't care enough to put two and two together but still... How did she know I wasn't ONE OF THEM? One of those stupid animal lovers who puts animals ahead of precious humans who are OH so much more worth life because they are so *cough* INTELLIGENT *cough* *cough*.

I got to work a little after 9:00 and made sure to tell coworker how I felt about what she did. You don't leave a fucking message, you talk to the person to be sure they got it and that all is good. Especially when that person lives way the fuck further away from work than you and needs more notice! This on top of all the other stupid, mindless shit she's been doing lately and just annoys the fuck out of me. Doesn't help that I HATE my job and my boss and what it all represents. Heh...after writing and rereading this, I realize I'm really pissed off and emotional lately. Well, that was another reason for today's appointment, to get some different medication and see what else I can do about this constant anxiety and depression. Life is shitty right now, but it could be worse.

THE END
Poor seacreature, sorry you've had such a shitty day, things'll get better.
Re: You know how THEY are... A vent about my lovely morning...
December 10, 2008
No one EVER listens and they hear only what they WANT to hear, which is of course nothing about YOU and everything about themselves. This is especially true in the workplace when you are dealing with breeders. EVERYTHING that happens in their lives requires an IMMEDIATE response and "work" is expected to understand because afterall, they are moomies and have SO much on their minds and are SO "busy". At first they can be apologetic, but then the excuses get easier and the lies just start gliding off of their tongues. The easier their boss makes it for them to lie with the comments like, "It's your chyylllld, take all of the time that you need......,' the more they do it. Even the lab with the vomit was probably an indirect and imagined threat to a chyylllllld. I remember once when I had a cat to shit in a towel and then I rolled my wet hair up in it only to have a turd dangling down on my forehead.

I called my office and told the boss why I would be late. She excused it because she said that this was something that just couldn't have been "made up". It's that way with the parents, only they lie. Their kyd never just has a sore throat, it's always Strep. It's not an upset stomach, it's food poisening. That dog could have been cleaned off right away with a wet towel and then washed in the bathtub later on. Like everything else in the breeder's life, everything is an "emergency." These people lie so much in order to get away with incompetence, being late, being absent, etc....... that they wouldn't know the truth if it bit them in the ass, or shit on their heads, as the case may be.
December 10, 2008
I'm sorry you had a bad day. Don't let a breeder get under your skin. You've bitched her out about it, so hope you feel better now.

This should have come as any surprise, because breeders, it's aaaaaaaaalllllll about them. Nobody else has *ANY* responsibilities.
December 10, 2008
I'm on a passive-aggressive campaign against Miss-Shit-Does-Not-Stink from http://www.refugees.bratfree.com/read.php?2,49559

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
December 10, 2008
Sorry to hear about your lousy day, Seacreature.
What an idiot co-worker you have to deal with--I can't imagine the frustration that must bubble up every time you have to deal with her.
Please hang in there.
December 10, 2008
Sorry to hear about your crappy day, Seacreature.
Please hang in there!
Seacreature, a few more days like these and you will be right up there with Annie! sad smiley Hope things improve tomorrow.
December 10, 2008
Thanks guys... It's nice to get some support and understanding from you all. I can't talk to my hubby about shit like this (as I tried to this morning) 'cause he'll just give me an automatic solution...or he starts listing all his problems. Ugh...men...

And yes, poofy I started reading your saga yesterday. So far you've done an excellent job of defending yourself. I wish I were as skilled at that and at not letting this shit get to me.
She had to take the dog... to the VET... to clean the puke off? Seriously?

If you're too squeamish to wash your own damn dog's puke off of itself, you shouldn't have a dog. Who spends money on a vet visit to fucking wash a dog? I just can't understand that! *mind boggles*

I hope your day improved as it aged!
December 10, 2008
nullipara Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> She had to take the dog... to the VET... to clean
> the puke off? Seriously?
>
> If you're too squeamish to wash your own damn
> dog's puke off of itself, you shouldn't have a
> dog. Who spends money on a vet visit to fucking
> wash a dog? I just can't understand that! *mind
> boggles*
>

Yeah really. If I had taken any of my cats to the vet every time they got vomit on themselves, long haired ones got candy or something sticky stuck in their hair, someone rolled into a pan of paint, or one of them swallowed some Christmas tree tinsil and shat out colorful strings of it throughout the house with the remainder having to be pulled out their asses, I would have spent a small fortune and lost countless hours from work.
December 10, 2008
HAHAHAHA!!! I'm picturing a cat running with pretty tinsel flying out it's ass! Hehehehee... And the turd dangling on your forehead! HAHAHAHAHA!!! Beautiful!

My day is going a little better... I'm looking forward to hanging out with my brother and cousin again tonight while they do their weekly "jam" session. Playing and/listening to music is such a stress reliever. Plus, the guy whose house they play at has a sweet, slightly spastic pit bull that I loved playing with last time I was there.
December 10, 2008
Oh for God's sake. Seacreature, I'm sorry to hear about it and I hope you found a way to treat yourself later. Good heavens.

WHO would be so HELPLESS as to need to take a puke-encrusted pup (in the car, eww) to the vet to get it clean? Good heavens, pop the pup in the tub and give it a gentle bath with nice warm water and some safe shampoo. Dry her off, give her a treat for being good, and let her lounge around in a nice warm house till toasty and dry. Not.....rocket.....science.
Seacreature:

Does your insurance company pay for Essure? Might be an option for you.
December 10, 2008
Seacreature Wrote:
> HAHAHAHA!!! I'm picturing a cat running with
> pretty tinsel flying out it's ass! Hehehehee...
> And the turd dangling on your forehead!
> HAHAHAHAHA!!! Beautiful!
>

I am glad your day went better after you got home and could unwind and relax. Yeah, the cat Shit tinsil is funny now, but not when it happened. At first I though that Nacho had something seriously wrong with him as he would run down the hall and look back at his ass and whine, roll over, and start running again. Then I saw the purple glimmer and STILL thought it was just stuck to him. So, I put on some latex gloves to pick it off of him and that's when I realized it was IN his rectum. By the time I gradually and very slowly got it out, it stretched out nearly three feet. He was very lucky it didn't wrap around his intestines. I had no idea he would eat tinsil as he never had, but apparently he did that day. Another time not long after that I caught him chewing on presents and later that day his litterbox was FULL of colorful bits of ribbon.

He is nearly 14 now and doesn't eat ribbons or tinsil anymore, THANK God.
December 10, 2008
kidlesskim Wrote:
> I remember once when I had a cat to
> shit in a towel and then I rolled my wet hair up
> in it only to have a turd dangling down on my
> forehead.

Bwahahaha! Oh my...
December 11, 2008
Yes, CFB, my insurance does cover the Essure procedure. Thanks, I had forgotten about that option. I've seen it mentioned before and read about it. Sounds like a relatively simple thing. Do you have it? Did it...*gulp*...hurt? Hehe...

Kim, you are VERY lucky the string didn't do damage to his intestines! And yay for colorful litterboxes! HAHA! I know...funny now, NOT funny when it happened. I'm so glad to hear goat kitty has made it to the ripe age of 14.

I know, I don't get it either, Clematis. Apparently the dog had the barfies for a couple of days and was totally encrusted and smelly. Hubby said to just put her in the tub, but coworker insisted on the vet. It's because she cannot control the dog. She is powerless, especially when the dog has all of this pent up energy from being in the 10 x 8 laundry room all day. These people should not have a dog. Period. OH! But she LOVES the dog! So does her daughter, who doesn't help ONE IOTA. Oh, they also have a poor bunny that's gotten shoved to the side now that they have the dog. I just look at her and throw my hands up when she tells me these damn stories. "Guess what Ginger did! She ATE the cabinets in the laundry room!" I feel kinda bad saying these things because coworker is very sweet... She's just dumb. *sigh*

I'm doing better today, very glad it's Thursday. Trying to have a more positive attitude before I have a fucking heart attack. Gotta remember it's just not worth it! And if it is, I can come here and write my little evil heart out.
December 11, 2008
At the very least, you can be glad that you do not have to live her hellish and pointless life. You are too smart for that.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
December 11, 2008
> I remember once when I had a cat to
> shit in a towel and then I rolled my wet hair up
> in it only to have a turd dangling down on my
> forehead.

Ah, lovely! Now there's the way to start your day off right! Teehee! bouncing and laughing
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login