Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

YEP, ain' NUTHIN' worse than losin' a clump of cells

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
Re: YEP, ain' NUTHIN' worse than losin' a clump of cells
December 12, 2008
I really can't believe that there are still dry counties. A few years ago we were deciding which beach to go to for a short vacation over the Fourth of July - Ocean City, MD or Ocean City, NJ. We ended up choosing MD because OCNJ is dry. Neither one of us are big drinkers, but dammit, if I want to have a drink with dinner I should be allowed to. This "prohibition" is just an archaic thing that can be tracked back to 1920's moos and bible bangers. It bothers me.
December 12, 2008
Poofy, you rock!! LOL Some days its all I can do to get in the door, to the fridge, and pour myself a glass of wine. I always have to say hello to the critters first.

kim, man, a dry county? That blows big time. And yea, Aunt Flow is kickin' my ass right now........... That bitch.

kidlesskim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I live in a dry county and have to drive over 100
> miles round trip to legally buy alcohol. You can't
> get but a certain amount either at a time or it's
> considered "bootlegging". However, if I was brave,
> I could probably easily get ahold of some Kentucky
> moonshine, band playing music but I am skeered. I am jealous
> of people who can just "run" to the liquor store
> and be back in time to flip the burgers on the
> grill.:bawl I didn't know there were any dry
> counties left in the country, until I moved here.
> I always "buy extra" when I go with the intention
> of saving some back for unforseen stress, but it
> never works out that way once I stick the funnel
> in the bottle and attach it to my mouth. shrug
> Will you fax me a Martini? I think it might make
> me feel better because I am having a HELL of a
> miscarriage this month.

poofy_puff Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I've been drinking lately as a way of coping
> with
> > stress too. If that makes me an "alcoholic",
> then
> > that's just the way it's going to be. I am so
> > glad that I am able to drink, and that alcohol
> is
> > widely available, comes in such a variety of
> > beverages, and is relatively inexpensive.
> >
> > Edit: It also doesn't get tired of listening
> to
> > you, and doesn't give you shit about something
> you
> > said. Etc.
>
>
>
I'm lucky to be in a country that doesn't have 'dry counties'. Heck, the road adjacent to mine has like 4 off-licenses on it!

Can I ask if you have to pay for contraceptives in the US? There is an anti-pregnasty injection you can get in England which also stops the monthly bleed.
December 12, 2008

I've been drinking lately as a way of coping with stress too. If that makes me an "alcoholic", then that's just the way it's going to be. I am so glad that I am able to drink, and that alcohol is widely available, comes in such a variety of beverages, and is relatively inexpensive.

Edit: It also doesn't get tired of listening to you, and doesn't give you shit about something you said. Etc.

YES! CHEERS!:beer

I'm sorry for those of you who live in a dry county. I can't believe those still exist, either. Though I do love that B52's song. Teehee...
December 12, 2008
I also live in a dry county. Luckily I am about 3 miles from MO, so I can buy whatever I want, just about whenever I want.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
December 12, 2008
I'm lucky enough to live in a state where drinking is mandatory. Ahhh...alcohol, is there anything you CAN'T do?

Soulie Wrote:
>
> Can I ask if you have to pay for contraceptives in
> the US? There is an anti-pregnasty injection you
> can get in England which also stops the monthly
> bleed.
This should probably just go to another thread, but whatever...
In the US, if you do not have insurance you do have to pay for contraceptives AND on top of that, certain pharmacies will allow their pharmacists to NOT sell contraceptives to people for MORAL reasons. Nice. Oh, and did I mention that even if you do have insurance they aren't required to pay for contraceptives? They can make you pay for those yourself if they're so inclined. The contraceptive situation in the US sucks in a whole variety of ways...except for condoms, those are pretty easy to get a hold of.

The injection you speak of might be Depo-Provera. You get it every three months. At least when I was on it, my periods stopped entirely.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Feh Wrote:

> This should probably just go to another thread,
> but whatever...
> In the US, if you do not have insurance you do
> have to pay for contraceptives AND on top of
> that, certain pharmacies will allow their
> pharmacists to NOT sell contraceptives to people
> for MORAL reasons. Nice. Oh, and did I mention
> that even if you do have insurance they aren't
> required to pay for contraceptives? They can make
> you pay for those yourself if they're so inclined.
> The contraceptive situation in the US sucks in a
> whole variety of ways...except for condoms, those
> are pretty easy to get a hold of.
>
> The injection you speak of might be Depo-Provera.
> You get it every three months. At least when I
> was on it, my periods stopped entirely.

That's the one! I love not having a period grinning smiley It made me feel so dirty having to bleed every month sad smiley In the UK all contraceptives are free, the government wants to make the depo injection mandatory for teenage girls and every time I get injected the nurse gives me a bundle of condoms, like a booby prize or something ^_^

Wow that sucks, you pay for medical insurance and you have to pay for contraceptives ON TOP of that?? Jebus -_-;;
December 12, 2008
I was on Depo for 4 years to keep the endometriosis from growing back (regulars may recall that I am spayed), and while I liked the fact that my period stopped, it virtually KILLED my desire for sex. Besides that, I got what they call in menopause "vaginal atrophy" which means your pussy gets all tight and dry and sex is very painful. I had to put something called "Estrace" up my snatch every other day, and I still wasn't in the mood to fuck.

I'm supposed to be approaching my sexual prime in life, which is really too exhausting to even THINK about considering what I have done already. I just want orgasms, thanks so much.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
December 12, 2008
poofy_puff Wrote:
> I was on Depo for 4 years to keep the
> endometriosis from growing back (regulars may
> recall that I am spayed), and while I liked the
> fact that my period stopped, it virtually KILLED
> my desire for sex. Besides that, I got what they
> call in menopause "vaginal atrophy" which means
> your pussy gets all tight and dry and sex is very
> painful. I had to put something called "Estrace"
> up my snatch every other day, and I still wasn't
> in the mood to fuck.
>

LOL Poofy.bouncing and laughing

I don't like anything related to taking hormones, although I am well aware it's supposed to be a cure all for all types of ailments, but I just don't like it. NOW I can't take any type of hormones for medical reasons, but I never would have anyway unless my hair started falling out or something and there was no other way. I took the pill for a time a LONG time ago and it literally made me a crazy person which is why I believe that a lot of these "infertility" hormone doping moomie wannabees are having hormonal psychoses of some sort. I found that Conceptrol, which I affectionately refer to as "sticks", work the best for me and do not make me itch or cause bladder infections. Of course, if I had an IUD or took the pill, then insurance would be HAPPY to have paid for it for the past 25 years, but they will NOT cover over the counter stuff, like what I use.

A box of those with ten "sticks" costs about $15, so over a period of about 25 years that would be at LEAST 6-8 thousand dollars and likely much more because I use them religiously and sometimes "double up". I happen to think that is an outrageous amount when for $1500 I could have been sterilized, IF I had only had two kyds first. CF are discriminated against in every way imaginable, so I don't suppose that reproductive discrimination of the CF should be any big surprise.
December 12, 2008
In retrospect, if I had wanted kydz, I probably would have been one of "those" women who has to knock herself out to get knocked-up. I went to my GYN on a referral because I complained to my Dr. about how painful my periods were and asked for a hysterectomy. My GYN did an ultrasound and found one of my ovaries was really enlarged. On the morning I went in for the operation, I asked her, "While you're in there, would you tie my tubes please?" They whipped out the consent forms and I signed them on the gurney. Afterward, she showed me the pics, and said that she was relieved that I'd asked for that because she could just cut the tubes out, since when she got in there, things were really FUBAR. If I had wanted to have kyds, she would have had to painstakingly scrape off the endo from the fallopian tubes in order to save the reproductive plumbing. As it turned out, she was like, "Whoo-hoo, I can just CUT these off!"

Hairstylists say the same thing to me; those of you who have seen my pics know why!

I have an awesome GYN. Her name is Dr. Estella (pronounced es TAY' ah).

"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

December 12, 2008
In retrospect, if I had wanted kydz, I probably would have been one of "those" women who has to knock herself out to get knocked-up. I went to my GYN on a referral because I complained to my Dr. about how painful my periods were and asked for a hysterectomy. My GYN did an ultrasound and found one of my ovaries was really enlarged. On the morning I went in for the operation, I asked her, "While you're in there, would you tie my tubes please?" They whipped out the consent forms and I signed them on the gurney. Afterward, she showed me the pics, and said that she was relieved that I'd asked for that because she could just cut the tubes out, since when she got in there, things were really FUBAR. If I had wanted to have kyds, she would have had to painstakingly scrape off the endo from the fallopian tubes in order to save the reproductive plumbing. As it turned out, she was like, "Whoo-hoo, I can just CUT these off!"

Hairstylists say the same thing to me; those of you who have seen my pics know why!

I have an awesome GYN. Her name is Dr. Estella (pronounced es TAY' ah).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login