Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I won't tell

Posted by annie35 
I won't tell
December 12, 2008
I am sitting in my office, minding my own business and the big boss sends his assitant around to take up 2 collections. One for a baby gift and the other for an older couple locally, who's house burned down and she has a tumor.
I drop nothing in the baby envelope and put all my weekly budgeted money for lunch and spending in the house envelope.
She snickers and said, don't tell anyone but I am going to take half of the baby money out and put it in the house fund.
The assistant made a moral decision to make sure the real needy people get the most of the funds. I like her, I hope she sticks around. I agree a baby gift is not half as important as helping this older couple with their crisis.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
RandomCFChick
Re: I won't tell
December 12, 2008
Good priorities, annie. I'd have done the same myself.
December 12, 2008
That assistant sounds really cool.
December 12, 2008
Seriously. Somebody has their priorities right.
December 12, 2008
I think the assistant is doing a wonderful thing, but I immediately began to wonder how the envelopes would have fared had the designated "collector" been baybee rabid instead? I DESPISE office collections for "group gifts" for baybees, weddings, birthdays, etc...I feel like that the people who want to give a small gift should do so on their on dime and that if the company wants to allow parties at all (if it's a big enough company) then they ought to have a quarterly "birthday" party, bbq, or company sponsored lunch or something. Otherwise, I think that the burden of the gift giving or party planning should be on the shoulders of the willing givers. As for the collection for the elderly couple, that's something completely different entirely and I would donate to that in a heartbeat. I am somewhat offended (as I can be, not knowing any of the participants, lol) that they would collect for a REAL cause and need and some STUPID baybee gift at the same time, like they are of similar importance.

I also feel sorry for the assistant if one of the breeders who donated her weekly salary for the baybeeeee finds out what she is doing, or worse, the moomie to be finds out. That assistant is a brave soul and deserving of a pat on the back, IMHO.
Soulie
December 12, 2008
Those two collections are totally at opposite ends of the spectrum; one is a real cause for donation, while the other superficial and unnecessary.

Nice to see that the assistant has her head on straight. Good for her, and for you too Annie ^_^
December 12, 2008
How refreshing! I hope that assistant stays around for you... One less breeder shithead in that place is a good thing.
December 12, 2008
I believe that assistant deserves a plate of brownies.
Or alcohol. Or a combination of both. People like that should be encouraged and rewarded.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Anonymous User
December 12, 2008
Wow. What a rare treat. She sounds like one cool chick Thank you
December 13, 2008
Yay!
Remember that gal when it comes time for office performance reviews.
December 13, 2008
YES, YES!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login