Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Greetings from the long lost admin of this site!

Posted by Ex_Admin 
Greetings from the long lost admin of this site!
December 12, 2008
First of all, :yr

Thank you for keeping the site going in my absence. Second, let me apologize for my absence/neglect of the site. Due to personal issues (which included lack of access to the Internet at times), I've been unable to take care of the site the way I should have other than paying for it...when I could remember to do that. Those times the site was down, it was due to billing issues that I didn't know about because I couldn't check my email. Because I couldn't check my email or the site, I didn't realize that catmommy9 was no longer active here. (Catmommy9 was/is this site's only other admin).

So, now that I'm able to give more attention to the site, I will be correcting whatever problems it may have. So, please use this thread to let me know of any problems there are as well as any suggestions you may have. I'm already planning to add a few moderators, which will help with the spam filter problem. The spam filter is why your posts sometimes disappear. If enough people hit 'report message', the post gets hidden. When this happens, a moderator is able to review it and then approve or delete it. Obviously, this feature is being misused and/or abused. ETA - After I posted this, I realized the real problem is the spam filter is set on "stealth". I have (hopefully) fixed this issue for registered users, and I'm still working on correcting the problem for the @#$%&. So, it's likely - NOT due to abuse. So, sorry about that. I will be monitoring that daily from now on, and after I add moderators (which will hopefully be around the beginning of January), they will be able to help with that.

So, the site is up and running, and here to stay. grinning smiley Hopefully, there will be no further problems like there have been in recent months/years.

Thank you again for sticking around. I really missed this place and the people in it. And for those who don't know me, I look forward to "meeting" you and getting to know you. And I usually post non-admin related stuff under the name BratfreeGirl, although I used to post under the name thespacecowgirl.

So, hello again to my old CF buddies and a belated welcome to those of you who have joined in my absence!
wow so glad someone is back to manage, i have been afraid to post here a lot because of suspected breeders posting violence related threats in the past.
Re: Greetings from the long lost admin of this site!
December 12, 2008
nowhiggers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> wow so glad someone is back to manage, i have been
> afraid to post here a lot because of suspected
> breeders posting violence related threats in the
> past.

Geez. More proof that parenting makes you a better person, eh? Sorry I wasn't here to take care of that and that you and others were victims of violent breeders.
December 12, 2008
Welcome back! :bal
December 12, 2008
Thanks, kidlesskim!
Hello! Very nice to see you back! This board has been so great...an awesome CF community without the bitchiness and insults of some others...and I was SO bummed when it was offline for a while. I'm sorry you've had a rough time lately. How can we help keep this place running?
Thanks Admin.
December 13, 2008
Cheese Louise Wrote:
> Hello! Very nice to see you back! This board has
> been so great...an awesome CF community without
> the bitchiness and insults of some others...and I
> was SO bummed when it was offline for a while.
> I'm sorry you've had a rough time lately. How can
> we help keep this place running?

Good to see you too! Thanks so much for your words of support. To keep this place running...just keep doing what you're doing. I appreciate that you and others have continued to participate and build this community despite my absence and the bugs/quirks of this place.

I will be tweaking and updating during the next few weeks, so all I ask is that you be patient with me, lol! I don't anticipate the site being down while I tweak and upgrade, but if you notice any bugs during the process, just notify me. Thanks again, Cheese Louise!
December 13, 2008
Gigabyte Wrote:
> Thanks Admin.

And thank you for being here, Gigabyte! Nice to see you.
Admin1 Wrote:
> I will be tweaking and updating during the next
> few weeks, so all I ask is that you be patient
> with me, lol!

After the board going POOFY and most of us going through massive withdrawals, I think I speak for most others when I say "no problem." We are just glad you and the board are back!
December 14, 2008
December 14, 2008
Thank you for getting the site back up and running. I hadn't realized how much a part of my daily routine visiting here had become until it up and disappeared one day. I appreciate your admin work and your efforts to make it an even better place to hang out and chat.:bal
December 15, 2008
This board KICKS ASS!!! Thanks Site Admin!!!!!
Welcome back...
talk about withdrawal. Can't get any work done without some dumb moo somewhere to snark.
violent breeders? hmmm, I must have missed them.
December 15, 2008
Hi Admin1, I'm one the recent newbies. I joined a little over a month or so ago and it quickly became one of my favorites. Nice to have you back to keep things in order.:sw
December 16, 2008
Upgrade attempt #1 = EPIC FAIL. Sorry for that, and I'll try again next week. Off to bed now.
Welcome back Admin...looking forward to any updates you're able to accomplish. And now, back to business :smoke
December 16, 2008
Glad you are back!
glad this place is back.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
December 18, 2008
Cheese Louise Wrote:
> Admin1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I will be tweaking and updating during the next
> > few weeks, so all I ask is that you be patient
> > with me, lol!
>
> After the board going POOFY and most of us going
> through massive withdrawals, I think I speak for
> most others when I say "no problem." We are just
> glad you and the board are back!

Thanks, Cheese Louise. Glad to be back. smiling smiley
December 18, 2008
"Posted by: Tiquer
Date: December 14, 2008 11:47AM

Thank you for getting the site back up and running. I hadn't realized how much a part of my daily routine visiting here had become until it up and disappeared one day. I appreciate your admin work and your efforts to make it an even better place to hang out and chat."

You're welcome and I'm glad you're here. smiling smiley

Posted by: KidFreeLuvnLife
Date: December 15, 2008 10:33AM

This board KICKS ASS!!! Thanks Site Admin!!!!!

Glad you like it & you're welcome. Glad you're still here!

Posted by: two cents ΒΆΒΆ
Date: December 15, 2008 01:47PM

Welcome back...
talk about withdrawal. Can't get any work done without some dumb moo somewhere to snark.
violent breeders? hmmm, I must have missed them.

Thanks and I need to find that post about the violent threatening breeder(s). That really concerned me. Happy you're still around!

Posted by: Seacreature
Date: December 15, 2008 04:17PM

Hi Admin1, I'm one the recent newbies. I joined a little over a month or so ago and it quickly became one of my favorites. Nice to have you back to keep things in order.

Hey there! A belated welcome and glad you joined.

Posted by: str8six
Date: December 16, 2008 07:48AM

Welcome back Admin...looking forward to any updates you're able to accomplish. And now, back to business :smoking smiley

Thanks & welcome! Happy to see you here!

Posted by: married with rabbits
Date: December 16, 2008 11:38AM

Admin1 Wrote:
> Upgrade attempt #1 = EPIC FAIL. Sorry for that,
> and I'll try again next week. Off to bed now.

I was awake for that and tried to get into the site. So it didn't work?

OMG noooooo it did not, lol! I failed miserably. sad smiley But, I backed the site up just before I attempted the upgrade, but I still lost 4 or 5 posts (sorry posters!), so next time I will just shut the board down while I'm upgrading.

Posted by: annie35
Date: December 16, 2008 12:28PM

Glad you are back!
glad this place is back.

Good to see you back too. Here's hoping more people check back in.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login