Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Seven RIGHT reasons to have kids

Posted by kidlesskim 
Seven RIGHT reasons to have kids
December 14, 2008
According to an about.com "people and relationships" article under the category "newlyweds", these are seven RIGHT reasons to reproduce, along with my commentary:

1. To Create a Family
You and your spouse are ready – financially and emotionally – to bring a new life into the world. You long to nurture and raise a little person who will likely be similar to you but still completely unique. Perhaps, you and your spouse feel like something is still missing, and a baby would complete your vision of family.
(This excuse has "self replicant" and "relationship
problems/insecurities" written all over it)

2. To Take on a New Challenge
You’re ready – as a couple – for the challenge of a lifetime. Your relationship is on solid ground, and you feel as though you make a good team willing to take on the tasks of child-rearing – from nursing to having the sex talk.
(Pure BULLSHIT, this "team" stuff. They are damned right it would be the biggest challenge of a lifetime....to not slit my wrists)

3. To Fulfill a Devotion to Children
You love children and you’re ready to have a family of your own, instead of doting on other people’s kids. Maybe you’re a favorite aunt or uncle, and your heart breaks a little bit every time your nieces and nephews walk out your door and into their parent’s car. It’s time for you to be the favorite mom or dad instead.
(I burst a gut laughing when I read about their heart breaking when a kyd leaves as it is one of the most joyous occassions ever, when they FINALLY pack those damned kids up and get the hell out!. This "favorite" mom or dad thing sounds suspiciously like those parents who want to be "friends" too.)

4. To Seize the Moment
You and your spouse have a terrific relationship, and you’re both past age 35. You’re concerned that if you put off having children any longer, you will have trouble getting pregnant or have complications in pregnancy or delivery. If you are certain that you’re ready and have a good relationship with your spouse, there’s no time like the present to start trying.
(This excuse is just plain stupid. Do they jump off a bridge just because it's there? This is the same thing.)

5. To Answer the Call
People get the call for certain vocations. Some people feel this way about parenthood. They feel as though they were meant to guide a child. They believe they could do a good job of steering the child in the right direction, so that he or she has a productive, healthy, happy life. People who want to answer this call feel as though parenting is the job that they were put on Earth to do.
(This excuse sounds geared to being a guiltfree unemployed moomare)

6. To Spread Joy
You’re happy with one and another and have even more love to share. You long to bring light into a new life. You imagine this baby will do the same for you.
(These people need to expand their circle of friends if they can't find ANYONE to share excess love with, other than creating a baybee)

7. To Accept Destiny
You’re already pregnant and most – if not all – of the reasons above apply to you. You might not have been planning to get pregnant, but it happened. Now, you are thrilled with the news that you and your new spouse are going to become parents. Talk about a great wedding gift!
(No, talk about a SHITTY wedding gift. I hate these whores who get knocked up on their honeymoons, what a downer. The BEST wedding gift would have been to use some birth control IN THE FIRST PLACE, but falling close behind in second place would be a trip to the abortion clinic. It would be some of their wedding gift money, WELL SPENT.)
Re: Seven RIGHT reasons to have kids
December 14, 2008
kidlesskim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 7. To Accept Destiny
> You’re already pregnant and most – if not all – of
> the reasons above apply to you. You might not have
> been planning to get pregnant, but it happened.
> Now, you are thrilled with the news that you and
> your new spouse are going to become parents. Talk
> about a great wedding gift!
> (No, talk about a SHITTY wedding gift. I hate
> these whores who get knocked up on their
> honeymoons, what a downer. The BEST wedding gift
> would have been to use some birth control IN THE
> FIRST PLACE, but falling close behind in second
> place would be a trip to the abortion clinic. It
> would be some of their wedding gift money, WELL
> SPENT.)

What a perfect time to use that Planned Parenthood gift certificate one of their Childfree friends gave them as a wedding present! Thank you
December 14, 2008
Can I add my commentary too?

1. To Create a Family
I'm sure the husband, aunts, uncles, grandparents, in-laws, close friends, cousins, nephews and nieces would be *thrilled* to know they don't qualify as family. Nope. Only a baybee does.

2. To Take on a New Challenge
And why can't this be accomplished with anything beside a child? Why can't it be, say, learning how to cook the perfect roast? Or making a cross-stitch piece without loose threads? Or being able to stick to a diet, or properly clear your mind during meditation? Or memorizing and reciting all 500 Pokemon? And what if you can't live up to the challenge when you challenge yourself with a baby? It's not like you can take it back or throw it away and try again (well, you could...but it's often frowned upon).

3. To Fulfill a Devotion to Children
Adoption, fostering, Big Brother/Sister, teaching, day care worker, volunteering, children's entertainment provider, magician, toy designer, writing and publishing children's books, donating to children's charities....are all ways to fulfill devotions to children.

4. To Seize the Moment
Not all moments should be seized. Just yesterday, I had the perfect opportunity to pee in the middle of the road...but I didn't. Moments should not be seized if they involve a helpless life.

5. To Answer the Call
One doesn't need to spawn to answer a call to children. See item 3.

6. To Spread Joy
How about adopting a homeless animal or helping out in a soup kitchen to spread the joy? Or mowing the neighbor's lawn just because? Or bringing the lonely widow lady a pie and chatting over coffee? Or donating a nice toy to a grateful child? Once again, lots of ways to spread joy without spreading overpopulation.

7. To Accept Destiny
A wise CFer once made the observation that 'biology isn't destiny' - being pregnant doesn't mean you gotta go through with it. Some things cannot be changed...some handicaps cannot be overcome. Sometimes cancer can't be helped. Everyone dies. Incurable diseases claim lives. People are driven by desire rather than by instinct. This is destiny. Having baybees is not. Destiny isn't a choice.

Come to think of it, there are no right reasons for having kids. Unless by "right" they actually mean "selfish".
December 14, 2008
"They believe they could do a good job of steering the child in the right direction, so that he or she has a productive, healthy, happy life."

Do any of these people say, "Gee, I've always wanted to be a parent," and then consider whether the Earth can support more people?

That's why I don't get. These people go from "I want" to pregnasty without anything in-between.
December 15, 2008
There are no "right" reasons. There is no reason in this day and age other than utter, disgraceful selfishness and greed.

This earth is horribly over populated, it's not like we're breeding to sustain the human race. Humans breed for their own self-gratification.
December 15, 2008
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There are no "right" reasons. There is no reason
> in this day and age other than utter, disgraceful
> selfishness and greed.
>
> This earth is horribly over populated, it's not
> like we're breeding to sustain the human race.
> Humans breed for their own self-gratification.

This. And they call us selfish.
December 15, 2008
I call bullshit.
These are all the same boring bingos we've heard all our lives. The only RIGHT reason to have children is that you truly have the desire and resources to spend the rest of your life doing ALL THE WORK required to raise someone from a drooling glob to a human being who contributes something of worth to society. If you do not have that desire or resources, you should not create more people.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Gigabyte
December 15, 2008
#7: Destiny.

I heard this from most o Dr Morals and Pro-life and Anti-abortion.
This is what I hear from these Fundies:

"Is becuase people didn't plan to get pregnant, it mean you have to accept your destiny by having a kid being responsible by giving birth and have the child."

BULLSHIT

They don't have to accept it as destiny. You get pregnant by mistake you can get an abortion. And dawn right again - Kim and Cambion. Baby is not destiny. This is just pure breeder Bullcrap burden.

Again they show 7 legitimate reason why it is good to have a baybee, but they full of crap.
Gigabyte
December 15, 2008
#2: New Challenge
"you feel as though you make a good team willing to take on the tasks of child-rearing – from nursing to having the sex talk."

OK about team willing, What team? What Team?
Having a child makes a stronger team. RUBBISH.

Reality Check: Having kids divides and Conquer Relationship.
Look at 50% Divorces who have children, CSA (Child Support) money fraud, child custody all go legal to court and so on.
December 15, 2008
How about seven very sarcastic reasons to have kids:

1. To Create a Family--Everyone knows that the only family that counts is the 1950s style nuclear family. Pets, dear friends and non-traditional families need not apply, nor should adopted children ever feel that they are ever on a par with bio children. Ditto that for foster kids.

2. To Take on a New Challenge--If you've always wondered if sleep deprivation is for you, roll the dice with a new baby. Who knows, you might really hit the jackpot and end up with a multiply-handicapped special needs kid who will need endless medical attention and single-handedly drain the resources of an entire village. It is equally possible you might also produce a prolific serial killer who drains the resources of local law enforcement and wantonly takes the lives of productive members of society.

3. To Fulfill a Devotion to Children--Other children simply lack the intrinsic value of your very own children. No child could ever be as intelligent, clever, or willing and able to cure cancer as your very own. Again, children from blended families, foster children, and non-bio children can never compare to a child with your very own DNA and should stop depriving your bio child of the spotlight at once.

4. To Seize the Moment--Never ones to plan ahead, those with baby rabies are, shall we say, spontaneous. Those trying to conceive throw forethought and birth control to the wind and pursue their goals with single mindedness and conviction. Even if there is no way parents can reasonably afford another child, or any child at all, this is simply not a good enough reason to not have one, or half a dozen, if you choose. Remember, the choice is completely yours. Others are only too willing to help you provide for your brood, as evidenced by all the giveaways for needy families.

5. To Answer the Call--How come so many people answer the siren song of parenthood, but far, far fewer answer the call to stopping overpopulation and draining the resources of the planet? Does environmental responsibility need a better unlimited calling plan?

6. To Spread Joy--And nothing spreads that joy like bringing your screaming colicky infant to inappropriate public venues, where that piercing 150 decibel screech can be shared with hundreds of paying customers. Concerts, movie houses, and upscale restaurants are always good choices, if bars and live performances are not convenient or are sparsely attended.

7. To Accept Destiny--Yes, we need to just accept it, ladies, we are mere baby incubators, plain and simple. We can only find inner peace if we succumb to our lot in life and get used to it. Making and caring for a quiverful of babies is all we should ever aspire to. After all, uppity childfree women take necessary jobs away from men who have earned the lofty right to be both sperm donors AND paychecks.
Anonymous User
December 15, 2008
I hear (and see) so much garbage and shit in conjuction with the word 'family'. I begin to think the opposite of what I've been told. Too many 'famblees' are willing to lie and cover up for evil family.

Destiny? Oh Good Lord above, it is my destiny to die, do I have to do it by degrees with a friggin f'trophy?? Do statistics and the studies count? Happiness goes down 71% of respondees to Ann Landers state they wouldn't have sprogged in the first place... Do all these morons think THEY'LL be the super moo and/or duh with the golden sprogg?

Spread joy? I'll scratch my dog or cat first. They have joy over that. (Usually an ear cleaning from the dog.) The cat just goes front down, hindquarter up until he gets totally ecstatic and thumps down on his side. Besides, If you HAD to try and make a child happy, go to a childrens hospital. Many of those children are all too happy to have some attention and are grateful. (At least I think they are.. I could be wrong).

Answer the call? Leave the voice mail on ... Creepers, do these people think they have to answer every little nudge from their feelings? If we really did this the population wouldn't be that large mostly due to murder. How many times you would like to kill someone... seriously.

New challenge... I'll try a different beer style thank you. I just did my first lager. I don't need a snotleigh to get in the way. I have heard too many tales from brewers with stinking little shits (who have never been taught to stay away from these fermenters) and who mess up the brew.

I have different things to do with my life.

p.s.: the dogs idea of the proper place to be scratched is the rump. I confess I taught her that from a pup.. I'd stick her between my ankles with her little rump facing front and I scritched that. Now she thinks that is the proper way to be petted.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login