Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Are they TRYING to piss us off with these "hard luck" BS stories??

Posted by Cheese Louise 
I posted the other day about the freebie handout for pooooor people that our newspaper puts on every Crismess. Now they are publishing "snapshots" of the "clients." I don't know why I keep reading these, other than they are practically the top story staring me in the face (obviously nothing else of importance is happening in the world). eye rolling smiley This one has so many elements to warm your heart...illegal alien moo who dropped her first anchor baby when she was 16, non-English speaking, absent spermdonor, WIC user, etc. etc.

Maria and Alex

Ages: 25 and 9

Maria (translated by son Alex): The Catholic church told us about the Christmas Bureau, and we also heard about it through WIC (the Women, Infants and Children supplemental food program). She thinks it's cool they do this program because in this time, there is not enough money to buy toys. She's thankful for that.

Alex: My favorite holiday is Christmas. It's cool. You get presents and you stay home with your family and have fun.

Maria: She doesn't understand English, and she likes it because I help her by translating everywhere she goes – to the doctor, the employment office, everything.

Alex: My dad came first from Mexico. My mom came when she was pregnant with me, so I was born here. When I was like 3, she told me America is cool because there are lots of things to do – like baseball games and everything.

Maria: I have four babies altogether – two girls and two boys. I have Alex, then Gabriella is 6 and Edgar is 3 and Stephanie is 2 months.

Alex: I want to be a policeman when I grow up, because it's cool. I like their cars and their sirens and the police lights and they get to wear guns.

Maria: She's thankful because America is a cool place to be and you can learn English and we can become better workers and get better jobs. She wants me to be in the Army or a fireman to help America – or a spaceman.

She likes America because you can learn English? Well, what is she waiting for? It's terrible that she makes her 9-year-old kid translate everything for her. What kind of a burden is that to put on a kid? And she wants her KID to help America? While she sits on her ass collecting FREE benefits?

This "snapshot" disgusts me like no other. angry flipping off
They all suck cock in hell. Fuck them, let them go back to their third world shit holes and make IT a better place to live for themselves instead of coming here and stinking up the place, expecting handouts and crying to the bleeding hearts.
Re: Are they TRYING to piss us off with these "hard luck" BS stories??
December 15, 2008
Our local paper does the same thing...and they ALWAYS show a picture of the family. While I can't find the section of the paper that gave the gory details of the family bio, it read something like this:

Their blended family has SEVEN school-age children (ranging in ages from about 5 to about 17) and several have learning disabilitites and health problems. She works as a home health care aid, he is a stay at home dad because the kids (who are in school all day, by the way, but need lots of extra help, according to him.) She only earned $9000 or so last year, and according to the mother, it's really tough to make ends meet, because even though the kids got social security checks, it still doesn't give them enough money. At the end of the article, mention was made about how the kids were big hockey fans, but the family could never afford to attend a game, and it would just be sooooo nice to be able to watch those games on cable.

BTW, there was no mention that Dad had ANY condition that precluded him from working, and NO mention was made that he was even looking or trying to look for employment. There was something written about a second vehicle that needed extensive repairs, so that tells me they still have ONE working car. By the time I finished reading this story, I was so pissed off I couldn't see straight.

Personally, if people are willing to parade their doughy, blank-staring needy and pathetic family onto a public pedestal for others to feel sorry for them and therefore throw money at them, I would like to see their family budget published, with FULL disclosure on exactly how much aid they get they currently receive in earned income (supported with IRS documentation,) Social security, food stamps, Medicaid, heating assistance, and any other freebie giveaway they receive that I am unaware of, as well as any other informal assistance they receive from churches, food pantries and other charities that provide winter coats and boots for needy families, with dollar values of each provided service included, for readers to make an informed decision about whether or not to give.

Something tells me that once working people/potential donors saw the magnitude and market value of everything these people ALREADY receive, things that might make their own lives a bit easier, you'd be able to hear the wallets snapping shut around the newspaper's entire circulation area, as they well should.

Sorry to jack the thread, but this crap really hits a nerve with me.
That's not a thread jack at all, Tiquer. It's right down there with the scenario I described.

I realized that I don't know if the moo in the story I wrote about is illegal or not. I guess I just jumped to a conclusion...because it's probably right!!

That woman has been in the US for NINE years (since she crapped out Alex as her anchor baby). She has learned no English and seemingly has done NOTHING to become a "better worker"...or even a worker at all!!

There I go again...I just can't stop foaming at the mouth over this!
December 15, 2008
Oh, I hear you, and what drives me crazy is it never ends...our local bleeding heart paper parades a new needy family through the front pages at least twice per week--our area seems to be chock-full of such hard luck cases. I am always leery that any individual who would allow themselves to be exploited in this way will always think the freebies are NEVER enough and will simply learn to put their hand out next time, too, instead of making some hard choices and actually working to better their lot in life.

Perhaps what might send the wake-up call to readers is if the paper did a follow-up interview with the families six months later when the holidays are long over, the toys have broken, the clothes are ruined, and, guess what! The family just needs more. It might illustrate that if generous people continue to give and give, all it really does is enable some people to take and take, and just eventually demand more.
December 15, 2008
I had that same thought, that the last thing I would want is for a 9 year old to be my voice to the world. What an asshole. If I read "cool" one more time i was going to scream.
Well said, Tiquer
December 15, 2008
married with rabbits Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That article was like, so 'cool.'

I thought the same thing. Is "cool" the only adjective he knows? Once the city where I lived decided to do a human interest story every new year in the form of the first baybee born on the new year and then follow it along throughout the year with smaller articles on the "Lifestyle" page in the famblee section. The very first one was a minority single mom who already HAD 3 or 4 kyds, no mention of a baybee daddy, and it gave the general area where she lived, which was a welfare/housing project/high crime-drug infested area of the city. The pic of the moomie looked like a homeless crack whore, complete with the rotted teeth and nappy head, who was draped in a hospital gown and the "baybee" looked fucked up with a too big head and eyes far apart too. I would imagine that the reporter assigned to that had to dig LONG AND HARD to even create anything presentable to print. After a follow up article or two (what DO you say?) it died out, never to be ran again in following years.

Someone I know who worked for the paper said they had invisioned it being a middle class, white famblee with jobs and a 1.5 story with a 2 car garage, "average famblee" but they quickly learned that at the rate that the welfare breeders were re-producing that it was highly likely that they would get a welfare kyd with a crack whore of a mother and a jailbird criminal baby daddy every year, so they dropped the idea. They received TONS of hate mail about it too because all of the religious fundies were pissed that they would "glorify" extra marital sex, etc....... They couldn't just pick and choose though because the whole city was waiting on the local hospitals to announce the "first birth of the new year" as they all had preggos in the mooternity wards trying to push the little worms along to "win", as there were cash and merchandise prizes like diapers for a year, formula, kiddie passes to the zoo, etc......

They basically gave a breeder crack whore the keys to the city.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login