Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I know when I'm being 'spun'...

Posted by Amethyst 
I know when I'm being 'spun'...
December 15, 2008
The BBC usually have impeccable editorial. But check this out on today's news website:

- - - -
Woman guilty of hit-and-run death

A woman is facing life imprisonment after being found guilty of the hit-and-run murder of a mother-of-three.

Rona Mackenzie, 45, denied deliberately hitting Margaret Borris, 39, with a car and reversing over her in Paisley's King Street in July.

It took a jury just 90 minutes to find her guilty of both charges at the High Court in Glasgow.

Earlier, the court had heard how trouble between the two women - who both had children by 50-year-old James Wandrum - was sparked when his dog was injured while Ms Borris was walking it.

During a chance sighting on 7 July, MacKenzie lost her temper with Ms Borris, drove at her and then reversed the car over her.

The court heard that afterwards, MacKenzie tried to cover up the crime by driving the car to a reservoir near Beith and dumping it. The partly-submerged vehicle was later found by an angler who contacted the police.
- - - -

Did ya get that? "WOMAN guilty of hit-and-run death". "A WOMAN is facing life imprisonment after being found guilty of the hit-and-run murder of a MOTHER-of-three."

Oh, and hidden somewhere below that is the fact that the MURDERING WOMAN is in fact a MOTHER herself.

So why didn't the headline say "Insanely Jealous Mother Kills Another Mother"? Could it possibly be because Mothers can only ever be victims and murderers can only ever be Women?

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
Re: I know when I'm being 'spun'...
December 15, 2008
ALWAYS I notice this. "Father of four killed by drunk driver, who also perished at the scene". They NEVER mention that the drunk driver had 5 kids himself. They could have just as easily headlined it as "Father of 5 gets drunk and comitts vehicular homicide". It's the same with the moomies. "Mother of 3 was killed during a bank robbery attempt. The robber who shot and killed the mother of three was later killed by police officers". Well, it's likely that the robber was ALSO a mother of ever how many, so why didn't the headlines read, "Mother of 5 murders innocent bank customer during the comission of a robbery"?????

Because if you are a VICTIM mother they play it up and if you are a CRIMINAL MOTHER, they play it down, UNLESS you have injured or killed any chyyllldrennn in the process. It's not only discriminatory, it's an innaccurate portrayal of news stories. However, it obviously sells papers and people tune in to hear about it when they use these tactics, so I guss that they are giving their majority breeder audience what they want which is, "POOR breeders and MEAN anyone else. Then we can just about bet that they will come up with a documentary about how the criminal moomie was mentally ill, coerced into committing the crime, abused as a child, a battered woman, etc....It will NEVER be that she is just a ruthless, selfish, and hateful piece of shit.
December 15, 2008
Exactly. Unbiased reporting in the media is pretty much non-existent these days.
Anonymous User
December 15, 2008
Amethyst Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did ya get that? "WOMAN guilty of hit-and-run
> death". "A WOMAN is facing life imprisonment after
> being found guilty of the hit-and-run murder of a
> MOTHER-of-three."
>
> Oh, and hidden somewhere below that is the fact
> that the MURDERING WOMAN is in fact a MOTHER
> herself.
>
> So why didn't the headline say "Insanely Jealous
> Mother Kills Another Mother"? Could it possibly
> be because Mothers can only ever be victims and
> murderers can only ever be Women?

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding! Telling the truth might tarnish the little halo placed above the head of every parent after they have kydz.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login