Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Think I might get laid off

Posted by annie35 
Think I might get laid off
December 16, 2008
We are losing business left and right. I just lost 5 items due to we are not competitive with price.
Please think positive thoughts for me, that I will get to keep my job.

Things are getting tougher by the day and I am not sure how much longer this can last.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
Re: Think I might get laid off
December 16, 2008
*positive thoughts*
*positive thoughts*
*positive thoughts*
*positive thoughts*
*positive thoughts*
*positive thoughts*
*positive thoughts*

Oh no, not poor Annie AGAIN. I'm so sorry... I wish you much luck during these horrible times.

I hear you though, we're losing sales where I am as well. And my boss is a greedy bitch to boot. She's cutting our hours while she goes out and buys a brand new Range Rover with the money this company owes her. She's also building a mansion for herself and only herself. She's divorcing her fucked up crazy husband and putting her "perfect" daughter through school...she needs all the money she can get her greedy little fingers on. She makes me so fucking sick I want to beat the shit out of her with a bat.
December 16, 2008
Seacreature Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> *positive thoughts*
> *positive thoughts*
> *positive thoughts*
> *positive thoughts*
> *positive thoughts*
> *positive thoughts*
> *positive thoughts*
>
> Oh no, not poor Annie AGAIN. I'm so sorry... I
> wish you much luck during these horrible times.
>
> I hear you though, we're losing sales where I am
> as well. And my boss is a greedy bitch to boot.
> She's cutting our hours while she goes out and
> buys a brand new Range Rover with the money this
> company owes her. She's also building a mansion
> for herself and only herself. She's divorcing her
> fucked up crazy husband and putting her "perfect"
> daughter through school...she needs all the money
> she can get her greedy little fingers on. She
> makes me so fucking sick I want to beat the shit
> out of her with a bat.

thanks!
I am not conncerned with getting a new job, I just like this one and don't want to find a new one.
If it happens, I will take my unemployment for a few weeks and find a new one.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
Anonymous User
December 16, 2008
Damn annie, I'm feeling your pain. I was 'laid off' (hours cut to 1-2 days/wk, barely making in a week what a made in a day) and I'm REALLY feeling it. I've been looking like an animal and there's just NOTHING.

I wish you more luck than I've had. I'm desperate for a job right now sad smiley
December 16, 2008
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Annie!
December 16, 2008
best wishes to you annie. as the economy gets worse, you are going to also see more greedy employers trying their damndest to continue keeping up with the joneses rather than scale back their lifestyles so as to continue to have a biz and a motivated work force.

one thing they do not tell you about cheap labor -- when it gets turd werld cheap workers stop giving a damn, start stealing and all kinds of shit. the value of a motivated work force is like gold and some of these idiots are too short sighted to see it.

on another front -- i am battling for first page of serp google results with a turd werld charity that picked up a type in domain similar to the one i just picked up. let me tell you how much fucking pleasure it will be to knock their asses off that page and take all that traffic i cannot wait. more money for working and not breeding americans! YES!
December 16, 2008
We were just notified via email that no lay offs until May, but all bonuses and raises are gone.
I am cool with no bonus or raise, at least I have a job until May.

Some are griping, I see no reason to gripe, we still have jobs. We could have all got the "see ya later" email.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
December 16, 2008
*whew* Thanks for the update. No bonuses for us, either...but I should be happy I still have a job.

the value of a motivated work force is like gold and some of these idiots are too short sighted to see it.

I say I "should" be happy, but I'm so not because I see my boss' true colors and it makes me so angry I don't want to do SHIT for her. I have my ups and downs since the first hour cut a few months ago... Now it's happening again while she continues to buy stuff. I see what a disgusting person she really is, while she hides behind her "charity" ...which is usually only to poor Philippino children for a better education.
December 16, 2008
Seacreature Wrote:
> *whew* Thanks for the update. No bonuses for us,
> either...but I should be happy I still have a
> job.
>
> the value of a motivated work force is like gold
> and some of these idiots are too short sighted to
> see it.
>
> I say I "should" be happy, but I'm so not because
> I see my boss' true colors and it makes me so
> angry I don't want to do SHIT for her. I have my
> ups and downs since the first hour cut a few
> months ago... Now it's happening again while she
> continues to buy stuff. I see what a disgusting
> person she really is, while she hides behind her
> "charity" ...which is usually only to poor
> Philippino children for a better education.

I have thought this was coming for a long time,so I started cutting back on stuff and saving every penny, just in case. the breeders here started bitching about how will they pay for dance lessons, karate, soccer, and IPODs. Those morons deserve to lose some pay, until they figure out those are extra, not necessities and you can live without that crap.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
December 16, 2008
w0w, I'm late to this discussion, but I'm relieved for you Annie, temporarily at least.

Even though arvard-Hay has lost $10-billion, no talk of layoffs at my school yet. I am planning on looking into Clinical Lab Science training options and possibly CNA school so I am prepared in case...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
December 16, 2008
Yay, good for you, Annie! And str8six, I really hope something good will come up for you - I'll be keeping my fingers crossed. friendly hug
December 17, 2008
I will definitely be thinking good thoughts and hopes that you won't get laid off. I am so sorry to hear this, Annie.friendly hug
December 17, 2008
Got my fingers crossed- you've got till May.
Krishna
December 17, 2008
I am sorry to hear that, Annie, but will send good thoughts. My husband got laid off in March and we moved for this job. I never thought I would see the economy goes as it has but always had this feeling that the "good times" could not last forever. Hang in there...and keep your resume ready. {{Good thoughts}}
December 17, 2008
annie35 Wrote:
> We were just notified via email that no lay offs
> until May, but all bonuses and raises are gone.
> I am cool with no bonus or raise, at least I have
> a job until May.
>

Yay! (((hugs)))
December 17, 2008
Fuck, man, that sucks. I hope not. I work for a software company and some of our external customers are cutting contractors. That doesn't affect the project I'm on but you never know..............
Anonymous User
December 17, 2008
Good luck Annie..
I know how sucky job-hunting is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login