Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The germs that shopping carts carry...

Posted by CherryIce 
The germs that shopping carts carry...
December 16, 2008
This is disgusting! Read the top of the list under "Germ Cesspools":

http://static.askmen.com/sports/health_200/224b_mens_health.html

Can't mothers put something under their kids so that if they drop a load, it doesn't contaminate the cart? I am so grossed out. I try to avoid carts as it is, but now I want to wear a Hazmat suit.
Re: The germs that shopping carts carry...
December 16, 2008
Shopping carts are certainly good sources for germs, but germs from shit dripplings from over filled baybee diapers and green snot noses can be found literally anywhere: Retail counter tops including cash register areas at restaurants, rental car interiors, in and on rides at fairs and carnivals, seats in customer waiting and serving areas in any known institution or eating establishment, table tops just about anywhere, door handles, glass enclosures to bakery or other food products, freezer and refrigerator doors in groceries, in and around the all u can eat buffets as well as on the community plates and serving utensils, on produce, candy wrappers on the grocery aisles, on anything in public areas such as doctor's offices, government offices, banks, nail and hair salons, and retail shopping arenas like car lots, famblee dollar stores, walmart, etc.....the list is infinite. Where dirty little brats can go, so can their germs. two faces puking
December 17, 2008
AUUGGGH Kim- I'm trying not to go outside as it is!!!!!
Anonymous User
December 17, 2008
these filthy moos place their nasty shitassed little buggers ass on everything, including counters that someone elses food is placed on.
I don't care that the food we ordered from BK, Wendys, or wherever is in a bag, that bag comes in contact where that little shit was.

damn asssed moos.
no, shit for brains moos
Anonymous User
December 18, 2008
This is one of a few reasons why I just use the hand-held shopping baskets when I go to a store. I got used to them when I was stationed overseas in Sicily and there were some really neat, small neighborhood stores and boutiques where they took customer service seriously (God, do I miss THAT experience!). Since my husband and I are just shopping for ourselves, we don't need to buy so much. Not to mention the fact that in a very crowded store, it is MUCH easier to maneuver a handbasket vs. a clumsy shopping cart. There are smaller carts at the organic market we go to if we do need to stock up on heavier items and since they don't have the kid-holder in them, there is less chance of bacterial contamination. Still, I do wash my hands as soon as I get home after coming home from ANYWHERE.

The ONLY store I have been into where they did NOT have handbaskets was Wal-Mart (BIG SURPRISE!). I asked the manager where the hand baskets were when I was shopping there while visiting my Mom (we only needed a few things such as milk, bread, butter, and fruit) and he informed me that they did not have them. I asked why and he replied that they just didn't have them. OH COME ON!! He and I knew DARN WELL why they didn't have them. It is much easier to overbuy when you have a shopping cart! GOOD GRIEF!
Kids are nothing but germ carriers. Yet if I take my dog into an establishment that serves food, it's a health code violation. My dog doesn't crap on cart handles or countertops.
December 18, 2008
Yep, I agree with Responsible Adult; I almost always use the baskets when DH and I go shopping, since we never need all that much stuff and the carts are a germ vector. I think it's good to be exposed to normal germs and dirt and stuff--I mean in my garden or with my animals--but I always wash my hands when I come home from a day of touching door handles, poles in the bus, &c. Sometimes I fancy I can actually FEEL the grime and ick on my hands after a day out in the world, euw.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login