Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sure I'm charitable

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Sure I'm charitable
December 16, 2008
Yesterday I was sitting in the lounge enjoying a good book when I got disturbed by the doorbell ringing. It turned out to be some dude going around our neighbourhood trying to solicit donations for the Save The Chuldren fund/organisation. As soon as I opened the door he started in on this big long spiel about how they want to help the kyds in Africa, Asia and Latin America by getting them schooling and food blablabla the usual story. I cut him off and told him that I am currently unemployed (which is true) and therefore can't afford to give him anything (I couldn't be bothered giving him an earful about how if the fuckers would stop breeding a lot of their problems would be eased, and that I would donate to an organisation that would distribute birth control, sterilisations and abortions, but not to one that enables them by giving out food). And he left.

Today I was riding my exercycle with the television on in front of me, and an ad came on for one of the animal welfare leagues (SAFE, I think it was). It was about the plight of pigs in factory farms and how they suffer, and at the end said 'please txt PIGS to ### to make a $3 donation'. I immediately jumped off the cycle, grabbed my phone and donated.

Sure I'm charitable - to those who deserve it.
Re: Sure I'm charitable
December 17, 2008
Arctic_Fox Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Sure I'm charitable - to those who deserve it.

Seconded. This year we've only given to animal charities and I think this is our new holiday tradition. We know of two local groups doing good work and they both got very generous donations.

Everyone else is outta luck.
Anonymous User
December 17, 2008
you guys/gals ROCK
December 17, 2008
Most of us here only donate to animal charities.
December 17, 2008
We have an appointment with our lawyer to change our will. We are leaving all our funds to various animal charities.
We decided no $ for our lazy breeder relatives, kind of our last screw you, when we die.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
December 17, 2008
That's a great idea, Annie.

Deciding who in the family (if anyone) shares in your estate can be a difficult decision, and really brings home the idea of facing your own mortality.

Thanks for reminding me that updating our own wills is way overdue.
December 17, 2008
I, too, am tired of all the shit "for the chyldrun" "save the chyldrun" bullshit.

Who the fuck is saving the animals in the shelters?

I just read an article from my hometown newspaper about he shelters in that county, they are all horribly overcrowded because the owners are turning in their pets "because they cannot afford them."
December 17, 2008
It is particularly maddening this year because all these famblee charities are getting really pushy about how needy everybody is. Is that needy or greedy?

Maybe next year I'll start an angel tree at my local vet's office for food and toys for companion animals.

Humans need not apply.
December 17, 2008
Great idea, Tiquer!
December 17, 2008
Animals are MUCH cuter than kyds, are MUCH less trouble, they don't turn into criminals, they don't have choices in regards to birth control, and are often innocent throw aways of a baybee rabid society. Animals, of ALL kinds, are more important than feeding the gaping toothless maws of baybees, the outrageous medical care that pig-faced kyds need, and certainly more worthy of a warm place to sleep and a bowl of clean water and food than a kyd needs santa claus. I will NEVER give to ANYTHING that is touted as "for the chhyyllldrun", ever. If I have a dime to give it will be toward my own animals' care or other animals in need. I HIGHLY RESENT anything "for the chhyyllrun", FUCK "the chylldren" and bless the animals.
Anonymous User
December 17, 2008
My will (and I'm only 31) specifies that my estate, after specific in-kind bequests, will be liquidated and donated to a no-kill humane society in the county of my residence at the time of my death.

I'm too frickin' poor to donate in my lifetime. smiling smiley
Anonymous User
December 18, 2008
Each year we sponsor an animal at the zoo. and we sponsor an animal for the neice and nephew aswell instead of giving them some shitty presents they will probably be bored of in a week
December 18, 2008
In the past we've given to our local Humane Society, and I also like donating to the Arbor Day Foundation, which does a great job of planting new trees (and providing free trees to donors). I wouldn't dream of spending a penny on the multifarious kyd charities--can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login